Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 8, 2011
I have both these and the Automator which is a similar product. These are far superior; they are heavy duty plastic and hold up very well over the years. They come in two sections with a large hole for the plant stem. They are very easy to install as the two pieces snap together with no damage to the plants. The bottom Is flat so I just wiggle it a little in the dirt and they sit flat, it has drainage holes. It keeps snails and slugs away from your plants. I use mine with both square folding tomato cages and the ultimate tomato cage that is triangular. I usually have a spectacular crop of tomatoes but I don't know that is entirely the use of the craters. I replaced all my automaters with these!
on May 31, 2013
I did a side-by-side test with the craters and without. The results were staggering. Gives your plants a quick jump and fruiting starts weeks earlier. Was a skeptic, now a fan. Buy em!!
on May 9, 2010
The quality of the Tomato Craters is very good. The Plastic is sturdy and will last for quite a few years. It was very easy to plant the tomatos and to place the crates around the plant. I also used some towers and they were 3 prong type. The slits in the crates were placed just right so that the prongs would fit. Time to place 12 plants and crates was about a half hour. Very pleased with the product.

Phillip Hopkins
on July 18, 2012
These craters have been awesome for me this year. I originally ordered 6 but ended up planting 7 tomato plants. The one that did NOT have the crater did not grow nearly as fast as the ones that did! I ended up ordering another set and the straggler finally started to catch up. I truly believe these made a difference this year. Last year I had all sorts of blight issues and all of my tomato plants ended up looking like Charlie Browns Christmas tree! LOL This year they are all 5+ feet tall with tons of leaves and fruit!

It's well worth the money especially since you can use them over and over again!
on June 13, 2013
Another super product for the garden. I use them around the squash and any other larger vegetable, as you can use each piece independent of the other. They work well for small trees and bushes just planted, to give them a head start. They arrived very well packed in the box. I have recommended to the shipper, that he/she uses two pieces of tape to keep the box shut, as it was 2/3rds open when it arrived. Probably due to the trip. Other than that, great stuff and will definitely purchase these products and more again.
on April 9, 2015
While the price of this product is quite high considering it's a simple piece of plastic (actually, two pieces that you fit together which isn't made easy by the design of the thing) it is undeniable that tomatoes will grow faster and more vigorous. That's at least what I am getting in my climate which is generally to cold (chilly nights!) for growing big ripe tomatoes. I compared plants grown with and without the tomato craters and the difference is significant. Grown against the south wall of our home, and with the tomato craters, early producing tomato varieties provide us with a nice crop, much superior to plants grown in the vegetable garden and without the tomato crater. While expensive the product is sturdy and can be reused for many seasons. If your climate is a bit chilly for tomatoes give these a try and remember to plant in compost amended soil in front of a south-facing wall.
on July 6, 2015
best tomato watering system ever! Locking Clam shell design lets you place or remove over established plants if needed. Allows slow deep watering/fertilizing with minimal run off and no heavy rain mud spatter on young plants. 1st set going on 4yrs old with no signs of UV damage. Being thicker plastic,They Clean very easily with diluted Clorox /soap solution to prevent blight or pest transfer at end of season. Expensive yes, but seem to last for years with out abuse, Pair with circular holes cut into a weed block fabric for a weed free garden!
on June 13, 2013
Very sturdy and will easily outlast the cheaper red trays that are available. I really like that I can just throw some slow release fertilizer in the tray and know it will get to the roots. Maybe the red color has something to do with it, but our tomato plants have matured quicker using these. If the cost was lower I would have given 5 stars.
on April 23, 2016
The concept is great but I couldn't tell if it actually improved or did anything. I also found it difficult to get the tomato crater to stay flat on top of the soil. It was great in preventing diseases from soil splashing when watering.
on June 8, 2013
These arrived yesterday and the first ones are in the garden today. The rest will wait until next year as they were purchased to replace the thin square trays.

I really like that they split in half to go around the plant stem and that they have a nice big opening for the stem. Per the recommendation that came with the product, I pushed the soil up against the outside edge and put a little in the center hole. I don't know how much water they hold but it is nice to be able to fill the tray and let the water slowly drip into the root zone of the plant.

If using trays around tomatoes and peppers is all it's cracked up to be, I'll be busy canning later in the summer if the weather cooperates.

If I need more of these, I will definitely buy them!!