4.0 out of 5 stars Good thin lightweight shoe
Published on April 30, 2009 by Minty

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, shoddy quality
I've had my Tom's for 5 months and I feel bad for the kid who got the other pair since they likely wear them more often than I do (daily but only half the day) and thus have:

-hole in the front where my toe sticks out
-ripped in the heel where stitching came undone
-leather insole is shredded and disintegrated in parts

The top rated review...
Published on March 18, 2010 by paul

4.0 out of 5 stars Good thin lightweight shoe, April 30, 2009
These are very lightweight lounging shoes. Good for wearing around the house or out an about as they are well made and seem to handle most surfaces with ease. The the tread is very light so I cannot see them being very good on slippery surfaces, but they are so thin that I doubt anyone would voluntarily wear them in the winter or in heavy rainfall. The only downside was the size. I ordered on the larger side of my normal shoe size and they were still rather tight while wearing socks. They were perfect fits with no socks, and only a smidgen tight when I wore some thin athletic socks. They have stretched out a bit over the last week and are almost at a good point and I hope they will continue to stretch a bit more. If you are unsure order a 1/2 size bigger then your normal especially if you like regular or thick socks.

Pros:
- Quality materials
- Durable construction
- Stretch to accommodate wearing of socks after a bit of use.
Cons:
- A bit on the slim side so they are tight with regular socks.
- Seem to be intended for bare feet.
- Thin tread not great for all weather.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, shoddy quality, March 18, 2010
paul (long beach, california) - See all my reviews

-hole in the front where my toe sticks out
-ripped in the heel where stitching came undone
-leather insole is shredded and disintegrated in parts

The top rated review says the construction is durable after having the shoe for a week. For the price paid, these shoes should last longer than 5 months. I actually like them, they're comfortable and don't have the complication of laces or velcro straps. But I haven't played sports in them or gone rock climbing and they're falling apart.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor choice, August 9, 2012
El Bob (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Very poor construction and oddly sized. These are beyond flimsy and don't last. They lack manufacturing quality control, the pair I received were measurably different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable shoes I have had, June 17, 2012
I see some people have complained about getting holes and seams ripping... I have had my pair for 4 months now and the sole of the shoe barely shows and wear, the fabric of the shoe shows wear only in the color is slightly lighter in areas that have rubbed against something like my other shoe when I am sitting down. I would suggest that there is a possibility those that are experiencing problems with fast wear probably are not walking in these shoes the same way one wold walk in Converse. In these shoes you do not drag your feet and you do not buy the wrong size. I have narrow feet and I normally wear size 11-12 for normal shoes. I went down to Zumies and tried them on and found that 11 is good. They do say get them tight because they will stretch a little. My wife has had a pair for over a year and wears them all the time. 4-5 times a week. They show less wear than the pair I have. It is all in how you walk and how you treat them. If you are a person normally getting holes in shoes they are not for you. I have never gotten a hole in my shoes before so these hold up just fine for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars another must-have shoe for the modern day guy, October 18, 2013
I'll split this up so that you can find the info you might be looking for in this review.

Why buy these?:
I bought my first pair of toms almost two years ago. They were the ash grey, and I loved them. Over that time they've seen better days, now faded, on a new pair of soles, but still holding up extremely well. I decided to get a new pair, and since they've come I've been breaking them in a lot. I'm also a very keen barefoot person, and last year I did "One Day Without Shoes," an event dedicated to spread awareness about children who go without shoes everyday, in conditions much worse than ours.

Quality and story:
The shoes are a fantastically simple, minimal and stylish shoe. The soles hold up relatively well, but a wash every now and then will keep the smell down. If the soles eventually get too bad to fix (like my old pair), they come out easily, and there are many options for substitute leather insoles, or even a normal insole. Sure there are knock off brands, but the quality is unmatched, as well the back story, because for each pair of Toms that is bought, a pair is sent to a child who doesn't have a pair of shoes of their own. So if the cost of them is putting you off, just know that you're also paying for another child to get shoes of their own.

Bottom line; an essential for any style-oriented individual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing Issue, October 8, 2012
I love the shoes. I am a size 13 normally. I wish I would have ordered a 12. They are just a little big and fit my size 13 friend. They will stretch so err on the small side

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Quality, November 8, 2011
I purchased my three pairs of Toms shoes mainly because of the charitable aspect. I have one pair that I wear maybe two - four times per month. They are holding up sub-par as the soles of the shoes has worn down very quickly considering the few times I have worn them. I have another pair that I wore about two times per week and within a couple months other than the soles of the shoes wearing down just the same as the other pair holes developed on the sides where my toes were. I decided because of the charitable aspect to try one more time, I bought the shoes on October 7th, 2011 and by November 6th, 2011 the soles were almost completely worn down and the backs of the shoes where the sole and heal portion of the shoes are sew together has completely ripped out. I am sad that they advertise that they give a pair to a child without shoes for each pair we buy because if the child is being given a pair of shoes that is of the same quality they are selling us, the child is not going to have shoes again within just a few weeks. I have many pairs of shoes that I have paid a fraction of the price for and still have years later and they are still in fairly good shape. Honestly I really tried to be a fan of the shoes because I thought it was a great way to easily help in a charitable manner. However I will not be buying any more shoes from Toms, it is just a huge waste of money. If you want to help people or children, I would suggest finding another way.

5.0 out of 5 stars i like it, October 29, 2013
also I order this one as a gift for my sister and she is very happy and feel comfortable with it

5.0 out of 5 stars fit is good and it is comfortable, May 24, 2013
I havent worn them much-the fit is good-no support tho for anyone with problem feet. I like the look of them

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, December 6, 2012
Chirs Taylor "Juampi" (San Jose, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
Size is not completely true size, they are a little smaller, buy I love them... Don't hesitate to buy them...

TOMS Men's Classic Canvas Slip-On,Black,10.5 M