Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on November 7, 2012
When I considered purchasing these shoes, I wanted something light weight and comfortable to wear after hiking. It's always nice to get out of your boots. Anyway, I went to a local store and tried on a pair. For some reason, when I purchased mine, no one carried size 11.5, so I tried on 11s and 12s. The 11s were a bit snug and the 12s seemed about right but everyone swore up and down that these shoes will stretch significantly and I should go smaller if anything. At any rate, the store didn't have the style I wanted so I went ahead and ordered the 11.5 in a different style (still classics though). It is also important to note that the Toms site states that the shoes are true to size and will stretch. At any rate, the 11.5s that I received didn't even come close to fitting. I could barely force my foot into them and I thought I had received a mis-labled pair. So, I sent them back and requested a replacement. Same problem. So, I sent them back again and ordered a size 12. The size 12 fit. FINALLY! Anyway, here's the facts:

1. If you're unsure about size, I say go half a size big as they are not "true to size"
2. They do stretch a bit, but not nearly as much as people make out.
3. They do become incredibly comfortable.
4. My burlap ones are wearing through in places after about 6 months.
5. I think they're a bit high priced for what you get, but Toms does give a pair away (of course, I wonder how much the CEO of Toms makes and if he'd consider taking a pay cut to lower the price)

I thought I would only wear these after hiking, but now I find myself wearing them often. I reach for them whenever I want a pair of shoes that's comfortable and easy on and off. It's like going around in your slippers.

I'd definitely recommend them, but try and find somewhere that sells them before you go through the shipping shenanigans that I did.
on January 8, 2014
PROS:

Love the look of this shoe. The image does not do the woven fabric its justice. Fits perfectly.

CONS:

There was a large streak of resin (presumably used to hold the seams together) that ran down the side of the shoe and dried in the crevices of the woven fabric. The glossy color of the resin definitely sticks out from the black fabric, and I was not able to remove it (I tried with a knife). Not that big of a deal since but definitely annoying and disappointing. Definitely not worth it to return and have to wait for another copy, but worth taking off a star on the rating. I've had issues with the excess resin on TOMS before, but it was on a canvas fabric and it was easily picked off. However, this one should not have passed quality control.

MISC:

The inside lining on the shoe is completely black (which I actually prefer). The image provided by Amazon shows some kind of red stripe as the lining. The same shoe on the TOMS website shows an all black lining, so this must be an outdated picture.
on October 21, 2015
I am so in love with these shoes. Unfortunately I am a woman that wears size 12 in women's and I hard the hardest time trying to find these shoes in my size for Ladies, let alone any shoes period. It never crossed my mind to try to get them ib Men's and I'm glad I did. Usually I wear a 10 1/2 in men's but I decided to go up one more size and get a 11. I'm glad I did because these slip on shoes fit so great and they're super comfy. I try not to wear them everyday because I do want them to last but its really hard because they're so comfortable. I've been having these shoes for almost a month and they're still like brand new. Very impressed! I'll definitely be ordering another pair real soon!
on December 29, 2010
Shoes are very comfortable and light weight. They are constructed very well and aren't falling apart like others similar to them. Not hard on your feet and are great for walking around. Will be purchasing more in the near future
on July 24, 2014
These are amazing...comfortable, durable and they breath very well for wearing without socks in Florida

Edited 5 months later to add that the durable part needs to be stricken from this review. These shoes, while comfortable, absolutely disintegrated after 5 months of wear 2-3 days per work week. I work in an office/warehouse environment, so there is a decent amount of walking, but I'm not climbing mountains or digging ditches. The heels separated first, but not cleanly like adhesive gave way, the burlap itself just came apart. I let that go because they were a hair too small and I thought it might have been a foot sizing issue, but now the toes, on top, have completely worn through. This isn't even an area where I'm rubbing it against very much. I'd have figured burlap to be sturdy, burly even. Avoid these for anything other than casual dress, they certainly won't stand up to the rigors of moderate use. And for the record, they were pretty stinky by the time they hit the trash can today, despite being burlap and hopefully breathing. I still have a pair a half size larger, that I wear far less often, that are holding up ok, but they get worn less than 1/week.

I won't be buying these again, it's far too much money to spend on disposable shoes.
on March 6, 2014
I was having issues with keeping the carpets in my apartment clean.

I took a tip from the Asians and stopped wearing my shoes in the apartment.

This lead to my stubbing my toes, cut and bruised feet. Then I got some Toms shoes to wear just in the apartment and they solved all my issues. They are just enough protection to keep my feet from being injured. The soles do not pick up dirt and spread it around. So my carpet stays clean too.

The lining in them is enough to allow me to not wear socks if I choose not to. The first pair I got lasted me two years before I wore a hole in the toe.
on February 10, 2016
Great shoes. Normally where an 8 1/2 to 9 with medium thickness sock. These shoes, an 8 fits perfect without socks. Initial order them in a bigger size because of the socks but found they were most comfortable without socks. They wick moisture and stay fairly dry throughout the day. So please I Picked up a second pair 2 weeks later:) In addition, the label/tags come of easy with a seam ripper, tweezers and scissors. The back left a stick mark that went away after week or so. Pretty sure the bottom of the pants rubbed it off.
review image
on November 12, 2009
I get compliments on these shoes all the time. They look like slippers but they have a 1/2 inch leather/rubber sole to support your feet. These shoes are just for walking and not for playing sports. The material is pretty much canvas and will tear if you drag them while playing sports. Every pair of Toms purchased gets a pair to a child in need in other countries. Buy half size bigger than your shoe size.
on February 20, 2016
I bought these for my husband, and it is the second pair that he has had, he loves TOMS, but they really offer no arch support.
What we both liked about it is that we just toss them in the washer when they get too dirty, and they can be used in a number of settings, he wore them as house shoe's, as casual shoes and he even managed to pull of a smart casual look in these with some chinos and a button up shirt.
on August 14, 2014
This is my third pair of TOMS! Originally I wore green, and then blue striped, but decided on something a little more neutral for my third pair. Right off the bat, the burlap is a little scratchy right around the hole, but I trimmed down some of the loose strings and it was infinitely more comfortable. Of course, a common problem I have with TOMS is that they don't exactly look good with socks, so they can get a little stinky as I sweat in them through the day. But foot powder fixes the problem right away, and if they're still gross, they are easily thrown into the washing machine, and they do very well in mine. I dress very casually, but they don't look bad with a day dress either!