Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TOMS Kid's Classic Slip-On Shoe (Little Kid/Big Kid)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2014
I bought a pair of Youth 3 for my daughter who is about 2.5 or 3 Youth size. But they turn out to be way too big. Just to give you an idea of how off the size is - I am an adult 5.5 and I fit into them perfectly. I also purchased a Youth 4 that slip off my heels every step I make. The normal Adult 5.5 should be equivalent to Youth 4, not 3, but even their 4 is too big. So, make sure you get a smaller size for what your girl normally wear. The quality is very good, the inside is comfortable, and has some arch support. So I'm keeping these for my girl until she grows into them.
on June 17, 2015
I felt compelled to review these shoes because of the large amount of time I spent reading other customers' reviews before ordering them. I was very concerned that the majority of the reviewers talked about the unusual sizing issues with this shoe. I ordered them for both of my boys and the other reviewers were absolutely correct in that the Youth shoes run huge. Absolutely HUGE. There is truly no way to accurately convey the extent of this until you order them. However, I will try. My 10 y.o. son normally wears the equivalent of a woman's size 6.5 (I buy him unisex looking Merrell sneakers because he has a narrow foot). Therefore, before reading all of the customer reviews, I had planned to get him a Tom's Youth 6. However, after reading the customer reviews, I ended up ordering him a Youth 4.5 even though it seemed totally silly. But, sure enough, the other reviewers were spot on--even the 4.5 is enormous! I wear a Women's size 8 in my own Toms shoes, and the Toms Youth 4.5 fit ME! I was laughing when I took the Youth 4.5 out of the box. I even took a photo of my red size 8 Women's Toms next to the black Toms Youth 4.5 and they are almost the same size--see attached photos (also, please note that is my women's size 7.5/8 foot next to the Tom's Youth 4.5!!!). So, I just ordered the Youth 4 instead and I am sure my son will still need to wear them with socks.

My 7 y.o. son normally wears a Youth 3.5 in other brands and his last pair of Tom's (this same style) that I bought a full year ago, were a size 2. Therefore, I went with a size 3 and when they came I saw that he will need to wear two pairs of socks with them. The difference even between half sizes is incredible!!! I should have gone with a 2.5, which would still have been a full size smaller than his shoe size in all other shoe brands.

Therefore, my sizing advice since these are such unusual shoes is to start by going down at least one full size, with the expectation that you will probably need to return them and go down another 1/2 to a full size on top of that. Strange but true. Please note that these shoes also run wide since they are not very structured and, being cloth, will stretch.

As for the other features of the Youth shoe, it is nice looking, supportive (more so than the women's version), and durable (this is our second pair by growth). My only other complaint besides the incorrect sizing is that the shoes pick up a lot of lint due to the material they are made of and have to be maintained regularly and not just tossed in a shoe basket. Therefore, we carefully save ours to use for "non-sneaker occasions" since they can totally pass with a pair of black dress pants and a nice tee in the summer months if your boys protest about wearing proper dress shoes, as mine do. Overall, the black ones make for a nice looking, dressy-casual, summer shoe.
review image review image review image
on February 16, 2013
I bought my daughter, 5 yrs old, a pair of glitter Toms, which was a waste of money. The toes wore out in one week of wear to school. These Toms are much better. They hold up great and the toes are lightly scuffed but not worn. They look and feel much sturdier than the glitter ones. The fit was perfect for her normal size 12.
on December 6, 2014
I am a size 6 in women's sizing and I usually get a size 4 in kids size. But In toms I fit better in the size 3.5. The 4 was roomy, although not too roomy, but I prefer my shoes to fit perfectly. So I went with the 3.5 which fits just right! The soles of these shoes are so much better than the women's shoes. I find that the women's shoes tend to be lopsided sometimes. These will definitely last longer than the women's shoes.
on January 17, 2014
We absolutely love toms but when I ordered by daughter her size in them they came way too big. Very strange since I wear my exact size in my Toms and both my older daughters do to. The youth ones seem a bit too big.
on August 10, 2015
A pair of good shoes, although the support on the kid versions of Toms are nothing compared to adult versions. Purchased because it was cheaper and fit the same as very small adult sizes. You get what you pay for because it had no support. I would not wear it more than 4-6 hours. If I had kids and they reached this foot size, I would probably start buying them adult versions because it was so uncomfortable. Nonetheless it did it's job on being on my feet and protecting me from dirt.
on February 4, 2015
I purchased Tom's canvas slip ons in a youth size because I have extremely small feet. I loved them at first - they were comfortable and cute. Within just a few weeks, however, I found that there were cracks in both soles around the balls of the feet and the splits rapidly worsened. I was very unhappy and took photos of the splits and sent the pictures to the company with an email even though I had purchased them at Nordstrom. The response I received from the company was a complete blow off - they didn't care, didn't want to know, and didn't intend to do anything about it. Poor quality and poor customer service!
on March 8, 2014
Too big, order a size down. Nice shoes, I'll be saving them for when they grow into them and ordering another pair for now.
on February 25, 2016
Love kids toms! Great sole- much thicker than adult toms, and easy to put on! Third pair we've gotten for our 5 year old. He has a very wide foot and toms stretch comfortably to fit. They would also fit on a narrow foot!
on April 2, 2016
I usually wear a 5 in women's and I have wide feet at the toes. I ordered a 3 in gray and it fits me with some conditions. The heel is slightly loose because it's a tad wide. It makes slipping in and out of the shoes easier. I will be adding those heel stickers to compensate for this. Not a big deal for me. The instep of the shoe is still stiff as its a new shoe. I can't be sure how quickly it will loosen up with wear. The toe box which is where I need the most width is expected with a kids size. It's slightly wider than women's but not as wide as a women's wide. So I can fit into it now and it will be more comfortable as the fabric stretches. The gray color is slightly different from the stock photos. It's a bit darker and more blue toned. Overall, I think it's a good shoe for the price. I love that it's slightly wider than the women's sizes because I can't fit into the women's styles. They are way too narrow for me.