Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gearation Refrigerator Magnets
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 28, 2006
My son enjoyed this toy since I got it for him at about 15 months old. He couldn't turn it on and off himself til maybe a couple months later, but he liked playing w/ the gears. Now when he plays w/ it once in a while, he usually leaves it running, but we haven't had to change the batteries very often. Not sure why it's rated for 3+, probably for the small size and stickers, but the smallest gear is about 1 1/2" in diameter and would be pretty tough to choke on. It's well made. The stickers haven't peeled off after a lot of handling and the magnets are firmly in place. The gears turn very smoothly. It works great on the fridge or on magnetic dry erase boards.
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2006
I bought my first Gearation for my refrigertor primarily for an 18 months old grandson. He loved it and still goes straight to my refrigerator when he comes in. ... BUT ... everyone else in my family plays with it .. ages from 3 years to 70. It is fascinating, very sturdy, strong magnets, and long lasting battery. I have not had to replace the battery for 6 months. I tell everyone that this is the best toy I have every purchased for the price.

Joan in Louisiana
on August 24, 2006
My son received this toy when he was 2 years old, he is now 7 years and my 2 year old daughter plays with it. It has held up very well, but they don't play roughly with their toys. They liked being able to reconfigure the gears and play with the large one separately. It has lasted a long time with gentle play.
on December 14, 2010
It is a fun little toy to go on the fridge. The kids like to turn it on and then walk off and leave it. One of the gears makes a clicking sound that can grate on your nerves after awhile, but it is good that it is there so I can hear it and turn it off when the kids walk away. I am a grown up and I want to add more pieces and stuff. I wouldn't say it is for hours of entertainment or anything, but still fun for brief bursts of time.
on February 6, 2009
Best Fridge Magnets ever.

This is one of the most fun products you can get for your 2 - 4 year old. it is really simple to use, and fairly resilient - kids still learning motor control skills can jam the gears together and they still work, which is great. Mine have been dropped lots of times to no ill-effect, and if you jam 3 gears in a triangle (lock the gears) you can just pull them apart and they start working again.

The product consists of magnetic gears - one drive gear at a set of freely rotating gears. The lumo-green switch can rotate the gears both ways. Nothing much to it really, but the entertainment value is well worth the money.

Note: If your fridge is not magnetic these won't work.

It will keep them out of your hair and in sight while you are in the kitchen. I wish they made more complicated gears that did fancier stuff. I have bought several sets for friends.

Highly recommended!
on January 10, 2008
I love this product so much I purchased 3 more for gifts. My son was 2 when he got it and 6 months later it still holds his attention. He easily manipulates the gears and loves experimenting with all the combinations. It feeds his inner engineer quite well. I can almost cook a meal without interruption thanks to these gems on the fridge.
on May 26, 2016
Well made product. The magnets are strong and the main motor gear works well. If your young one gets frustrated with the main gear slipping, teach them the not put the other gears too close together. It has a slip gear to prevent stripping and pinching of fingers. A number of gears have been dropped on the floor and it is still working fine. A great space saver toy.
on November 25, 2007
Received this as a gift for my 2-year-old and it was such a hit that I order 5 more for gifts. The kids love playing with this toy and it's educatiobnal insofar as it teaches them about movement and fitting pieces together. We have had 5 rambunctious 2-year-old boys over and they all end up congregating around the fridge and playing with the gear magnets. This is a MUST for anyone looking for a creative, entertaining, durable, inexpensive gift! You will NOT be disappointed!
on April 7, 2016
 Within two weeks of purchase this toy began stalling, and making a clicking noise like something is jamming the mechanism. Not sure if it has anything to do with a 2-year-old occasionally dropping some of the pieces on the floor but even if so, you'd think they'd be better made to withstand rough handling by toddlers. It's gotten worse over time. I'm considering replacing it with a different brand.
on March 25, 2008
I ordered 2 of these, one for my son and one to give away as a gift. My son is almost 2. He was very interested at first, and figured out how to use it quickly. Unfortunately the one I opened for him does not work in forward and reverse. It only worked in one direction out of the packaging, which was disappointing. I contacted the seller- no response. I contacated TOMY corp and they quickly replied to offer an exchange. At my expense I mailed it to them and I am waiting for the replacement. Meanwhile, I took the 2nd one out of the package - works both forward and reverse. But now my son is "over it". I would reccommend this for younger ages. Fun to watch and then as they get older they can figure it out.