5.0 out of 5 stars So many levels of fun!
Published on October 25, 2000 by Maia T.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured!
Published on April 29, 2011 by Angela J Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars So many levels of fun!, October 25, 2000
Maia T. (West Chester, PA) - See all my reviews
My daughter (now 22 months) has enjoyed these since she was a year old. This is one smart toy! The eggs come apart and inside is a colored egg that squeaks when you push it. That was the primary source of fun at first. As my daughter's coordination improved, she became interested in putting the "hats" back on top each egg. Now she likes to try and put each egg in its proper space - the bottom of each egg has a protrouding star, circle, etc. that fits in the matching star, circle, etc. in the bottom of the egg carton. As she gets even older, I'm sure she will enjoy matching the unique eyes/mouth on each colored with the coordinating top. I am so impressed with how this grows with her, but most importantly, every single kid who comes over to our house goes nuts about this toy. There is something wonderful about it, and for [the money], it can't be beat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of Fun and excitement for my 8 month old!, November 27, 1999
By A Customer
My son could not wait for me to get this out of the box. He LOVES dumping the eggs out and taking them with him when he walks or crawls. He smiles when they "peep" at him. He even looks worried if his father and I are playing with the eggs without him. Without a doubt one of the best toys we've ever bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars This toy is great bang for you buck. I would highly recommend this toy for any baby., December 3, 2013
This review is from: TOMY Little Chirpers Sorting Eggs Learning Toy (Toy)
This is one of my very favorite baby toys. I bought one for my oldest, 9 years ago when he was a baby, and we have lost one of the eggs in a vacuum so I just bought the same toy again for my youngest. All four of my kids have love it. The babies and kids (and adults) love to play with the eggs. My daughter is now 6 months old and she can hold onto the eggs well. They are just the right size that she can hold them but they are to big to cause me any kind of choking worry.

Things to know:
The egg carton is the size of a regular carton of eggs that holds 6 egg. It is made from sturdy plastic and is well made.
The eggs are each two pieces, a top and a bottom. The tops can fit on any of the eggs but the faces and colors match (the green face matches with the green egg). The eggs have funny faces on them.
The eggs make a squeaking noise when you push down on the colored "face". The squeak is fairly quiet and pleasant.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured!, April 29, 2011
Angela J Holmes (El Paso, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hide N Squeak Eggs (Toy)
I just received this to replace an earlier set I had. That set is also shown on Amazon, and is much duller in color and variety. However, this newer set I received is identical to that one. It has three colors for the six chicks, and the outside egg faces are all in brown. I wanted this set because it appears the company has improved on it with six different colors on the chicks and matching face colors on the egg toppers. My biggest frustration is receiving an item that is so different from the representation in the pictures. I suspect that this page shows the newer version, but the older version is being shipped out until it is gone.

Sept. 3, 2012 Update:
I think I've figured out the mystery! The other, more colorful, set is the version sold in the UK. Both a UK YouTube video and the UK's Toys R Us website show the set with six bright colors. Bummer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit for my 11 month old and 3.5 year old, August 25, 2013
This review is from: TOMY Little Chirpers Sorting Eggs Learning Toy (Toy)
This was a gift for my 11 month old. She loves to play with it and so does my 3.5 year old. Currently my 11 month old just likes to take the eggs out. The 3.5 year old likes to take the eggs apart, then match the colors, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great easter gift, August 30, 2001
This was given to my son for easter. The age says 12 months + but I think it is more for like 18 months. However this toy has many levels. First it has cute eggs which sort of squek. Not really though it is a [terrible] squeak. Then it has very shape sorting properties. Each egg has a different face on it which matches to a certain shell. Also the bottoms of the egss have shapes like stars and hearts which only fit into certain spot on the container. It is really cute and a great toy

4.0 out of 5 stars So surprised by what a hit this is!, August 17, 2008
Amy O "sista411" (Swampscott, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This was a gift to my 18 month old. She has loved it since we opened it. My 4yo really likes it too. There a a few levels of play with this. Little one likes to make them "peep peep". Big one likes to match the egg shells to the right face. I wouldn't have chosen this, but am so happy we have it. I'd give it as a gift for sure. Probably for kids 1-2, and it will stick with them for a while.
My only disappointment is how difficult it is to open the carton. Neither kids can do it, and I struggle with it too. It's awkward and hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good First Year Birthday Present, February 11, 2011
This review is from: Hide N Squeak Eggs (Toy)
Got this for my granddaughter's first birthday. She has lots of fun putting the eggs in and out of the egg carton; pushing them up and down so that they "peep" and taking the egg tops off and then putting them back on. Her little finger can push the eggs up and down without any problem to make the "peep". The tops of the eggs fit all eggs. As she gets older, she can advance to match the top of the egg face with the face on the chicken. Also, there are shapes on the bottom of the eggs that must be matched with the shape on the bottom of the carton. Good buy. A different toy for her, as she has other baby toys from her older two brothers.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOMY Little Chirpers, September 6, 2013
This review is from: TOMY Little Chirpers Sorting Eggs Learning Toy (Toy)
I ordered it for my 2 grand kids, ages 3 and 1. I thought they would share it. Boy was I wrong, they both fought over it. The kids loved it. I wish I ordered two sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hatchable Eggs, May 15, 2009
I bought this for my then 3 year old. He loves to crack eggs, so this was perfect for him. He was a little disappointed that the little "chicks" don't come out of their shells, but he still has had lots of fun playing with the eggs, matching up the shells with the chicks' expressions, and matching the shapes on the bottoms of the shells into the proper space in the carton. It kept his interest for a number of miles on a long car trip.

TOMY Little Chirpers Sorting Eggs Learning Toy