Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Top Chef Masters: Season 1
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on April 14, 2011
I really enjoy the Top Chef series for the ideas, techniques, and creativity. You add to your cullinary education and get some entertainment in one place. I love the Masters series even more, because there is more cooking, more skill, less drama. The regular Top Chef series, while enjoyable, has been going the way of the myriad of other "reality" shows--too much drama, too much fighting, and too much mugging for the cameras. The masters series has some extras, some fun, some crazy moments, but they add to the show and do not detract from the cooking--which is supposed to be the point of the show. They also picked some great chefs to compete, like Hubert Keller who is a cullinary Yoda with a french accent, and Jonathan Waxman who is like Jerry Garcia with a chef knife. Great show.
on June 10, 2011
First of all I am a 'foodie' this does not mean I am a great cook or chef. Enjoy watching Food Network and Bravo's Top Chef . The competition between the Top Chefs Masters is entirely different than that of the Top Chefs. It appears that the Masters - or professionals - hold each other in higher regard and would not be subversive to win the competition. I cannot wait until Season 2 is released on DVD. We are such fanatics - we have kept weekly scorecards with winners and those who have been eliminated and it is shared among our group.

Also, for Christmas gifts I have received the Quickfire Cookbook and a Top Chef coat.
on September 1, 2015
The only reason I have not rated this at 5 stars is that the host (I guess that's what she's called), Kelly Choi, is just decorative eye candy. She knows zilch about cooking, is not a chef, appears to me she is just reading through her lines but with no real understanding of the cooking issues. That said, the chefs on this series are truly inspiring to watch ... in particular the last episode before the final, when the chefs had to choose mystery baskets for another competing chef and all were very focused on picking ingredients they knew the other chef would do well. So much support for each other ... it was grand. Not sure if there is a Season 2, but if Kelly Choi is still in charge, will not purchase and watch it.
on February 19, 2015
I saw this season on Bravo, so I knew what I was getting.

Aside from the second season, this is my favorite Top Chef Masters season. (So really my second favorite.)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Curtis Stone is bad, but I thought Kelly Choi better as a host. She has charisma and intelligence, and there is no bias. She has a very disarming wonderful presence on screen.

I am disappointed with this season because Anita Lo had so much promise. She was so dominate in the first episode, then she floundered and let other chefs win. It sometimes happens.

But I am happy Richard Bayless won.
on June 2, 2013
Having been a fan of the series, Top Chef Masters was a brilliant addition!
I had watched the series on TV when it first aired and was elated to see it available on Amazon that I had to have it.
In addition to being geared for great charities and causes, I loved seeing how Master Chefs handled previous quick fire challenges and critiques.
This will always be one of my favorite shows.
on November 28, 2012
Are featured in this season: Chef Elizabeth Falkner & Chef Suzanne Tracht. Especially in episode 2 when they first see each other. I have to love the fact that Chef Tracht looked like she was totally checking out Chef Falkner. (I don't blame her...I'd be checking out Chef Falkner too if I was her.)
on February 10, 2014
First of all, I gotta admit: I AM A FOODIE. Give me the appropriate tools and I can follow any recipe and go anywhere.
I so admire the "Masters'" and their abilities to be put to the ultimate test against others of their level of excellence. And they pull it off time after time.

I SO enjoy watching the professionals going toe-to-toe and feeling what they feel as human beings, each with his/her own foibles and insecurities at the top level of their crafts.
on March 22, 2014
This show is fun to watch, know the Chefs from watching Top Chef. Fun to see them judged after they have guest judged on Top Chef. Like learning more about cooking. Challenges are pretty rough and like seeing how these Master Chefs pull off the tasks.
on January 8, 2013
This was just okay in comparison to Top Chef. I didn't like the format of the individual 4-chef challenges with the top chefs competing in the end. I would have preferred the same format as Top Chef, with all chefs competing in each challenge to the bitter end. I think that is more fair & entertaining. Overall, I did enjoy the series. I wish all Top Chef & Top Chef Masters series were available on DVD. I don't have a laptop, I-pad, or streaming capability & don't feel like watching episodes at my computer desk.
on March 8, 2013
yes it was a great dvd and I will conrinue to enjoy it thank you very much I would buy again