Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TP-LINK TL-ANT2408CL 2.4GHz 8dBi Indoor Omni-directional Antenna, 802.11n/b/g, RP-SMA Female connector
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Capacity: 8dbi|Model: Non-Desktop|Change

on March 15, 2012
My PC has a Netgear WG311T wireless card. My cheap Rosewill router is located one floor below, down a staircase through a thick concrete floor. I was getting 2 bars out of 5 (sometimes dropping altogether).

This TP-Link TL-ANT2408C attached perfectly to the external antenna connector on the Netgear WG311T.

After trying a couple of different locations, and pointing the antenna in all sorts of directions, I was able to tune in 4 bars out of 5. For the low price, and ease of installation, that's five stars in my book! Great buy!
review image
33 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2013
Installation was a breeze and now my wifi signal reaches the farthest reaches of my apartment, despite its Cold War era concrete walls. If you think you need a new router, consider buying an antenna like this one first.
on August 22, 2013
I decided to take a chance and use this a bit differently than designed.

I have a Foscam WiFi security camera in a steel pole barn. Even with a high gain antenna on the camera and a fiberglass door, my connection was pretty bad. Choppy video and lost connections were common. I needed to get the antenna outside.

Although this antenna isn't outdoor rated, it is pretty easy to make watertight. Some tape over the mounting screw holes on the back and a little self vulcanizing rubber electrical tape around the antenna joint and no water is going to get in. You could use something like RTV silicone too. Keep the moisture out and you now made it outdoor capable. It was pretty close the way it comes and I'm sure it would probably be fine for a long time, but sealing it completely is pretty easy. The magnet mount works great on the steel siding. The camera I have, like most, comes with a standard SMA connector vs.the SMA-RP (reversed pin), but you can get an adapter here on Amazon. SMA Male to SMA-RP Female Adapter

Added a 20 foot cable with standard SMA male and female connectors and now I have a great outdoor antenna for an indoor camera in a steel building that is great for blocking radio signals. It works very well and the results exceeded my expectations.

I've bought another antenna for the same setup on another camera. Although it isn't exactly what they intended it for, it works extremely well.
44 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2014
I purchased two of these to replace each rear-mounted standard antenna to extend the range of our Actiontec MI424WRGEN3I-I wireless router, included with our Verizon FIOS package. Extending these six feet higher than the router, I'm able to use all of our wireless devices 100 feet from the router, into the end of our back yard, with maximum or just-below-maximum signal strength. They did exactly what I wanted them to do.
on January 10, 2013
Who wouldn't like products like this one? It's simple, effective and cheap. I have recently built a desktop computer and installed on it an ordinary wifi pcie card TP-LINK TL-WN781ND Wireless N150 PCI Express Adapter,150Mbps, IEEE 802.1b/g/n, WEP, WPA/WPA2 It was impossible to connect to my home router from the second floor. While I researched for wifi antennas, I placed in between the PC and the router a wifi signal repeater (that I already had) as a temporal solution. The signal was ok (2 out of 5 bars) but, the internet connection was laggier when having the repeater as an intermediary compared to a direct connection to the router (any online gamer reading this?).

There are many different antenna models out there that probably would work just as well, but I decided for this one because it was the same brand as my wifi card (yeah I know, I'm a little bit piky). This has been one of my most intelligent purchases of all time. I now have direct access to my router and, best of all, the signal strenght up here in the second floor went to none (when having only the tiny, factory installed antenna) to 3 bars!

Please note that this product is designed as a receiver antenna, and does this job wonderfully. Anyone hoping for boosting the signal from the router is not looking in the right place. Some routers have configuration parameters that permit increasing signal strenght within the router itself (no extra antennas here), best to consult your internet provider for more info on this. If you really want a signal booster so that the signal from your router reaches farther, try a powered antenna; this one is a passive antenna (good luck with that as you might receive the signal farther away but you must still find a way for sending the signal back!). Also, be wary of your internet wifi router/card band. You must be connected in the 2.4 GHz region, otherwise this antenna might not help with signal gain.

This antenna has a sturdy base with magnets and I can't complaint of the length of the cable. A nice feature of the antenna is that it can be rotated anywhere between a half hemisphere (see the picture I've uploded). What can I say? I'm in love.
review image
on April 25, 2014
I wanted to increase the signal strength from our Verizon issued Actiontec MI424WRGEN3I-I wireless router, not the range exactly. See, our neighbors (attached homes) all have Verizon routers on their FiOS circuits and at one end of our house, my neighbor's signal sometimes over-powers our signal causing our wireless printer to drop off-line.

Running a WiFi Analyzer, I can see that the signal levels at the end of the house with issues, the signal was ranging from -60db to -70db when using the 2 original short Actiontec antennas. With these 8dBi replacement antennas, the signal levels at the same location is now between -50db and -60db. Not too shabby for a $15 investment (for 2 antennas).

My neighbor's signal is still between -40db and -60db, when tested at the same location; so it is still stronger, but our signal is now strong enough to compete and hopefully keep the wireless printer from dropping off-line. No, we are not on the same WiFI channel, but we are using channels that are "near" each other but not overlapping.
review image review image review image
on September 27, 2014
I bought this for my Clear 4G modem. I wasn't sure it would work on 2.5 GHz (WiMax is 2.5 GHz not 2.4 GHz like WiFi) but after about 24 hours it light up with a solid 4 bars! Until now I have been getting between 2 and 3 bars. 2 bars was insufficient for VoIP or HD so my calls would cut out and my movies kept reloading. Now I have clear calls and great streaming video! Don't be impatient with new equipment sometimes it takes a day for things to settle in especially when you are talking about low power communications over distance. WiMax is known as last mile broadband and it is transmitted at only 20W with most receivers topping at 200mW. This 8 dBi antenna is equivalent to about 5.85 dBd. 6 dBd of gain is the same as moving yourself halfway closer to the transmitter! This antenna works well for WiMax and I would recommend trying it!
on August 9, 2012
These Work Great, No Problems. I have better connections and better Range, No Performance drop I use these with a Computer,Xbox 360, and Smartphone and Kindle Fire all at the same time. NO Lag, No Performance Drop just Wish I had Faster internet. I have a 1500 Square Foot Apartment and Get a signal In every room through walls with No Problems.
on July 5, 2013
I was pretty close to buying a new wi-fi card or router for my home PC when I decided to give this a shot. I was only getting 2-15 Mbit/s when I was paying for 30-50 Mbit/s. Replaced the dinky antenna and placed this bad boy on my desk and BAM!--45 Mbit/s! Couldn't be happier.
on October 30, 2013
Make sure you read the dimensions as these are huge. If you don't care about these poles attached to your router then go for it. But they look a bit ridiculous on most routers. overall they work excellent as antenna's. Improved signal strength throughout house and receive strength is much better too.