Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

Model: Add-On ExtenderPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

on October 12, 2013
Works as advertised, although not at the speed advertised. Running one by the modem and two others through the house. Both have a rate of about 170mbps. Still more than enough to stream HD. Had them for about a month and neither has dropped the connection. Excellent buy for the price.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2014
I bought this after realizing the wifi signal in my room is not strong enough to reach upstairs for the other family members in the house. First I tried getting a wifi booster but that was confusing and didn't work. Then I turned to this and it worked like a charm. Second best choice next to a wired connection straight to the router. This worked for my Actiontec verizion router. I bought this along with the two pack so I could have 3.
on February 7, 2015
I purchased the kit and the additional unit. These work extremely well. It eliminated the 100' network cables running around my place. I have a switch connected to each one and connected to entertainment center components (TV, GoogleTV, Bluray, and Sony Surround systems all with ethernet). I stream from my Plex Media Server, Netflix and other services in the varied rooms and there is more than enough bandwidth. Say what people will about powerline networking, but these have been amazing and I cannot recommend the TP-Link systems enough.
on April 8, 2015
I installed 2 of these along with my starter kit to move my Foscam cameras off of the Wireless network and onto a more reliable wired connection. They work great and I would recommend them to anyone that wants to move to a superior wired-style network but does not want to pull a bunch of Ethernet Cable through the wall.

I purchased two of these adapters as well as the TL-PA4010KIT AV500 starter kit. As usual (when they don't use USPS), Amazon impressed and got them here in two days and very protective packaging.

The adapters and the kit are packaged in similar boxes and include the modules and a 10 6-foot white Ethernet cable for each. A manual and easy-to-understand quick start guide is also included.

These could not be much simpler to use. First you plug one of the modules into the wall and run an Ethernet cable from it to your network source (ISP router, switch, etc.) and connect the Ethernet cable to it. Lights on the module will confirm you are connected and receiving network traffic. For each additional module, simply connect the Ethernet cable to the device you want on the network and the other end into the module. Plug the module in. Press the small square button on the module then press the same button on the module connected to your network source. A light will flash on each while pairing. When the light goes out, you will see similar activity lights on the new module showing the are paired and the network works. Repeat this process for each additional module you want connected.

Performance is hard to test from a camera since they are not high bitrate devices, but I am able to sustain 1MByte streams from 4 devices simultaneously and reliably. That is what I bought them for an I could not be happier.

I also run a complicated Insteon Powerline automation network in my house and found these adapters do not cause a problem. Insteon commands are just as reliable as ever and do not seem to affect network performance. The same can be said for network utilization not impacting my Insteon devices.

If you want a quick, simple and reasonably priced method to create or expand your Wired network, look no further. These are great.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
A simple, effective way to extend your network, the TP-LINK TL-PA40140 Nano gives you a wired internet outlet by using your home's existing AC outlet. Definitely the easiest way to get a wired connection to those areas that aren't accesbible by WiFi or where wireless connections are not as stable as you would wish them to be.

Previously I've used one of these connected to a Sharp Aquos Q 60" HDTV that has WiFi connectivity issues - this solved the problem by giving me a wired connection.

I used this purchase in conjunction with a TP-LINK Archer C9 AC1900 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 600Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps, 1 USB 2.0 Port & 1 USB 3.0 Port, IPv6, Guest Network and the TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 500Mbps. Placing this adapter in an outlet in my home gym, I was able to establish a connection to the rest of my network in less than 3 minutes. I used the new wired Ethernet port on the Powerline Adapter to power my Apple TV so I could enjoy iTunes Radio and watch Netflix while I used my treadmill.

I highly recommend all the TP-LINK products mentioned here as they are easy to setup and use, and work well for their intended purpose.
on April 23, 2015
Once installed it's fantastic. It's definitely not as easy as 1-2-3. Best method is to purchase two. One will go directly in the wireless modem. The second should be plugged in a strategic location. Then, at the same time you will need a helper to hit the PAIR button at exact same time. The pair button should be hit for only one second. Once paired, the Internet will fly. It's reinvented NetFlix and YouTube.
on July 31, 2013
I love these things...
I have no idea how they work but the DO and so well.
I can reccomend highly.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2014
These work great when they work, but at least once per day, it will go into sleep mode (even while transferring data), and it needs to be reset to get any network connection again. It's really inconvenient to lose all network connectivity in the middle of transferring a file - so it's 1 star from me. I contacted their technical support and they seemed to be already aware of the problem.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2015
(Copy & Pasted from the Starter Kit Review)

Do not buy these, not worth it. I get constant connection drops whenever I try to use them which may have more to do with the outlet I plugged them into than the product itself, but it's the only choice of outlet I have so I can't afford to have such a picky connection. This does not usually matter with day to day internet use as the connection drop is so short that you won't notice it unless you're playing an online game or doing something where dropping a connection for a fraction of a second will actually kick you completely out of the game. I got these because the only other option I have is a really weak wireless signal so I was hoping that a wired connection would be more reliable.

To give an example, when I first got these I was mostly doing a new playthrough of Borderlands 2 with my brother over the internet. In an average day the connection would drop anywhere from 1-3 times each hour, sometimes 6+ times in less than an hour making the game mostly unplayable. At first I thought it was just the ISP because the plan that we have in unfortunately pretty low ball but after a while I began to experiment. I only got disconnected 1-2 times every few days or so with a wireless connection in comparison. It seemed to be much worse on my brother's computer so I permanently disconnected his while leaving mine on intermittently. Today when I was playing Hearthstone I got disconnected twice while playing in ranked mode using the powerline adapter, almost losing the rank I had entirely. That was the final straw and I will never be using these again.

TL:DR Do not buy these unless your internet connection is already so bad that it can't get much worse or in the case that you never do anything on the internet that you would mind getting constant mini disconnections (so small that your computer doesn't even recognize an issue). They're just too unreliable unless you get really lucky with the outlet you plug it into.
on August 24, 2014
Tried using these but unfortunately weren't so great. I wanted to use them for my Tivo Minis to reduce wiring but unfortunately kept dropping connections. I had to run direct Ethernet lines for my Tivo Minis to ensure my cable doesn't freeze, lose connection.