Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: PoE|Style: Unmanaged|Change

on January 24, 2013
I got this to power (POE) four HD security cameras and it has worked perfectly for a year now. I am completely happy with it. It is pumping a ton of 720P video data 7 days a week 24 hours a day and has been very reliable. There are brief occasions when I lose signal from one or another of the cameras but I can't be sure whether to blame the camera or the switch. I'd think if it was the switch, it would affect all four cameras at once, and that's not what I'm seeing.

It was absolutely painless to hook up and there was nothing to configure and no software I needed to install.

A few times I've knocked loose the switch's power cord. For something you want "always on", perhaps the power connection could be a little more permanent.

Shortly after installing the cameras and before I had them fully weatherproofed, it rained and shorted out one camera. Taking it apart, I even saw an electrical burn where the POE power enters the camera. I thought "great, that's probably blown my switch too" but no, whether by design or by good luck, the switch withstood this event and when I connected another camera the port in question was still able to provide power.

The only thing I'd do different next time is shop around for a gigabit switch. If there wasn't much of a price difference, I'd get the faster switch just to accommodate future growth. Nevertheless this one is keeping up just fine with my present network load.
on August 30, 2010
- Use it with 3 Cisco 79x1G VOIP phones. Works as intended. The switch indicates that I consume more than 43W - less than 10W left for a potential 4th phone. It is a little higher than expected. Either the phones - 802.3af class 3 devices - consume more than advertised, or I should have taken into account cables dissipation.
- Very solid 100M switch. Replacing a sub-$20 switch, the latency observed between UPnP clients and servers are reduced.
on June 2, 2014
In reading the other reviews it was stated this was a fan less switch with PoE power. Wrong! It has a very loud variable speed fan that is very annoying in an open office environment. Would only recommend you get this - if you are going to place in a sound proof server rack, another room far away from your work area or in a special IT closet with sound proof walls.
The technology did work quite well - except for the nerve racking fan. The Product Page needs to state clearly - it has a fan.
on May 6, 2015
POE Power section failed with light use after 6 months. POE Max light is on blinking with no devices attached. TP Link customer service is also one star. First they asked for a video of the device malfunctioning which I provided a link to. Their response and I quote "no radio button cant find video" Then they asked for a screen shots of the device which I sent 4 different ways (Attachment, embedded, linked, hosted) each time wasting a day with them only to get back a broken English reply that the attachments didn't show up.

Apparently their customer support also cant access any of the free hosting sites where I also posted images too as well. This is clearly designed to drag the process out and get the customer to give up which I have now done. They wanted me to wait around for a customer rep to call some at some random time. My time wasted on this has now exceeded the cost of a new device several fold. I wont be purchasing any TP link products again . I suggest you consider carefully the same.

The Netgear ProSafe PoE products look to be a more reliable solution and one I'll be switching too.
review image
on July 29, 2012
I didn't want to spend a lot of money right now on a POE switch until I got a better feel for how things like voip phones and IP cameras would function on a POE switch. I read some of the reviews here so took a chance on this one given I had never heard of the manufacture before. I had been using it for 3 months just as a switch and it has been working flawlessly in that capacity. I just recently hooked up a POE IP camera (Agasio A512-POE Pan & Tilt IP Camera with Power Over Ethernet, 8 Meter Night Vision, Motion Detection Email & FTP Alarm, 3.6mm Lens (67° Viewing Angle) - White) that I also purchased here on Amazon and I'm happy to report it powered the camera without issue over a 50 foot CAT5e run. I have another POE IP camera coming but I don't expect any problems as based on the specs, I should easily be able to do 4 cameras if I wanted.

So if you're looking for a budget reliable POE capable switch right now and want to wait a bit for the gigabit versions to come down in price, look no further than this little beauty as it does the job it advertises.
on February 6, 2013
This item has been sitting in my garage just purring away provide Poe to some HD security cameras around my yard.
on July 16, 2014
I've owned this POE switch for nearly a month and it's been great so far. All ports are POE as pointed out in the product description. You can mount this switch to a rack. My only complaint is that it seems to overheat if placed in a closed environment with little airflow. I was planning to use this switch inside a locked cabinet along with my IP camera NVR. However, within minutes of closing the cabinet door you can hear the fan working loudly to cool off the unit. Maybe these switches are not designed to be locked up inside small cabinets, but I have a Cisco SG-200 50 port switch that does not heat up inside the same cabinet. I ended up using this switch elsewhere where it gets better air flow. Other than that, it does what it's supposed to and the price is just right.
on November 22, 2012
I purchased this in July 2012 and have been using it for several months. I'm using it for the POE features with two Logitech Alert 700e security cameras. So far it has worked flawlessly.
on June 3, 2015
Nice little switch for devices that utilize PoE. I use this to power 4 IP cameras for my surveillance setup for home and this provides plenty of power for all 4 cameras. Not rack mountable so you will have to find your own way of mounting if using in a rack environment. This is a "dumb" switch, meaning it is unmanaged, which makes setup and integration into my network easy.

For those considering purchasing, this only has 4 ports that are PoE, 4 are standard gigabit. I am not listing this as a con or taking away any stars as a result because I knew what I was getting. If you are someone who needs 8 PoE ports, get the TP-Link TL-SG1008PE or equivelant as it will have all 8 ports as PoE. Overall great for what I need, it just plugs in and works!
on October 31, 2015
We ended up buying two of these for installing a network of IP cameras throughout the property. One was placed in the loft above our barn. Although sheltered from the rain the location is subject to warmer temps in the summer and sub-zero in the winter. Over a year later is still operating perfectly well. Every few months it requires a quick reset, usually after a power outage. One of the POE ports powers a camera with no problem at the end of a 80ft run. For most applications I would not hesitate in recommending. TP-link offers the features of more expensive units at great value.