- Brand Name: TP-Link
- Model Number: TL-WN951N
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Network Data Transfer Rate: 300 Megabits Per Second
- Item Display Weight: 0.247 Kilograms
TP-LINK TL-WN951N Wireless N300 Advanced PCI Adapter, 2.4GHz 300Mbps, Include Low-profile Bracket
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Provides two methods of operation: Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc Adopts MIMO technology for wireless rates of up to 300Mbps
- Standards: IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b, CSMA/CA with ACK Interface: 32-bit PCI Antenna: 3x 2dBi Detachable Omni Antenna
- Wireless Speed:802.11n: Up to 300Mbps 802.11g: Up to 54Mbps 802.11b: Up to 11Mbps
- Frequency Range: 2.4~2.4835GHz Wireless Transmit Power: 20dBm(Max EIRP) Modulation Technology: OFDM/CCK/16-QAM/64-QAM
- Receiver Sensitivity:270M: -68dBm@10% PER 130M: -68dBm@10% PER 108M: -68dBm@10% PER
- 54M: -68dBm@10% PER 11M: -85dBm@8% PER 6M: -88dBm@10% PER 1M: -90dBm@8% PER
- Wireless Security: Support 64/128/152 bit WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)
- Support Operating System: Windows 7(32/64bits), Windows Vista(32/64bits), Windows XP(32/64bits), Windows 2000 Certifications: CE, FCC
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
MIMO technology helps give you a stable 300 Mbps wireless connection. View larger.
The 300 Mbps Wireless-N PCI Adapter offers wireless transmission speeds of up to 300 Mbps and complies with the IEEE 802.11n standard. MIMO (Multi Input Multi Output) technology delivers improved wireless transmission rates and stability, while three detachable omnidirectional antennas are designed to provide optimal wireless performance, transmission rates, stability, and coverage.
SST technology promotes high wireless transmission performance in long-distance and high-interference environments.
Worry-Free Wireless Security
This product's QSS (Quick Secure Setup) function complies with the WPS standard to ensure the security of your wireless network. The Wireless-N PCI Adapter supports 64/128/152-bit WEP encryption, as well as WPA/WPA2 and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryption and mechanisms. These combined security measures are designed to deliver stronger, safer protection and guard against intruders.
Product and Warranty Information
The Wireless-N PCI Adapter measures 9/10 by 5-1/5 by 4-4/5 inches (H x W x D) and is supported by Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. It is compatible with 802.11b/g/n protocol wireless products as well as Intel Centrino technology.
The Wireless-N PCI Adapter is backed by a two-year warranty.
What's in the Box
Wireless-N PCI Adapter, three detachable antennas, quick setup guide, and resource CD.
|Find the Best TP-LINK PCI Wireless Adapter For You|
TL-WN951N Wireless-N PCI Adapter
TL-WN861N Wireless-N Mini PCI Adapter
TL-WN851N Wireless-N PCI Adapter
TL-WN781ND 150M Wireless-N PCIE Adapter
TL-WN751ND Wireless-N PCI Adapter
|SPEED||Up to 300Mbps|
|Up to 300Mbps|
|Up to 300Mbps|
|Up to 150Mbps|
|Up to 150Mbps|
|CONNECTION TYPE||32-Bit PCI||32-Bit Mini PCI||32-Bit PCI||PCI Express||32-Bit PCI|
|ANTENNAS||3 Detachable Omnidirectional||On-Board||2 Detachable Omnidirectional||Detachable Omnidirectional||Detachable Omnidirectional|
|QSS ONE TOUCH WIRELESS SECURITY|
|INTERNET PHONE CALLS||Best||Better||Better||Good||Better / Good|
|VIDEO STREAMING||Best||Better||Better||Good||Better / Good|
|ONLINE GAMING||Best||Better||Better||Good||Better / Good|
Top Customer Reviews
1. Excellent range, better than my older D-link and my laptops built in WIFI
2. Does not take up a ton of space on the motherboard
3. Clean solder, built solid
4. Great price
1. 3 antenna's (only con is space outside of PC)
2. antenna placement makes it hard to screw the antenna on depending on case design (too close together)
1) I have 2 bars of signal on my desktop, even though the router is 1 room away, less than 10 feet. On my laptop which is located right next to my desktop, I have maximum signal.
2) This card will "overload" and reset any network connection that you may have, so if you do a lot of streaming, Youtube, Hulu, online gaming (Starcraft 2, HON, Diablo 3, etc, you will get disconnected under heavy use
3) SLOWWWWWWWW connection speed. I have Verizon Fios 150mb down 50 mb up, and I feel like I am on DSL on my desktop, while the laptop that is located right next to my desktop is blazing through all the websites/streaming.
3a) I attempted to reinstall drivers, contact the manufacturer but to no avail, so it's not a driver issue. I also tried every single possible orientation for the antenna's but to no avail.
I spent three days trying to get this card to work well under Linux. The problem was that the card would cease wireless activity for two whole seconds every thirty seconds. The "lspci" command says that this card is an Atheros AR5416 [AR5008], and that the ath9k driver is loaded for it. According to bug reports, Users with this card experience the 2 seconds of inactivity every 30 seconds. The solution is to disable ANI, which stands for Adaptive Noise Immunity. The purpose of ANI is to improve performance when there is heavy wireless interference. Search the internet for "AR5416 disable ani" for more information on this issue.
Now, in order to disable ANI, you'll have to either recompile your kernel to allow debugging for the ath9k drivers (search the internet for "ath9k debug"), or obtain the latest compat-drivers and edit the config.mk file in the source before compilation. Add the lines, "export CONFIG_CFG80211_DEBUGFS=y", "export CONFIG_MAC80211_DEBUGFS=y", "export CONFIG_ATH_DEBUG=y", "export CONFIG_ATH9K_DEBUG=y", "export CONFIG_ATH9K_DEBUGFS=y" to config.mk.
Then, as root, "echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/disable_ani", and the problem disappears. To have this persistent between boots, create a boot script that contains this command.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this is an old product now, and i have since purchased a few other wireless cards. i had high hopes for this card, but i remember it dropping the connection all the time and... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Save your money and get something else. Does not work with Windows 7 or 10.Published 2 months ago by Jason P. Chester
Caused my system to freeze and stutter when a certain download rate was reached. Fixed the issue by simply removing this 1 item. Not worthwhile for my system.Published 3 months ago by Jason S.