Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on January 21, 2015
2nd TP-LINK I have tried. This time I bought the warranty so I got to send it back after one month.

I am not a genius, but I can set up a home network.

We spent hours on the phone with some nice ladies from China, who I could not quite understand because of their soft spoken English. They tried to help, yet in the end I figured out that this router would not hook up to the Mac unless I got rid of the N setting, so B/G. Slower. All phones, both Apple and Android, and Apple TV and printers all worked with full speed wireless. Not a big deal.

But after a little over a month no speed at all, reboot. full speed for a few secs. then less than 28.8
0Comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2015
Terrible awful customer support.

The router works fine with my phones and computer but when trying to connect the router to other devices (sensei thermostat, chromecast V1, chromcast V2) the router would not connect. I followed the troubleshooting from those devices but was not able to fix the issue. I googled the issue and it seems to be a problem with the 3.15.9 firmware for the router. I called their tech support to see if they had a fix. The TP support was very poor. It took several minutes to get through the first que which put me in another que that took several more minutes, finally I was able to chat with customer support. Customer support was not useful and did not solve my problem. I've dealt with TP tech support for about an hour now and am no closer to finding the solution. Although with router is a good price I would stay away from it because of the very bad support.
11 comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Dear Paul T,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent experience with our product.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and certainly hope you do not experience any further issues with a more suitable replacement.

For future reference, you may contact our 24/7 technical support team at the email provided below and an available support agent will be happy to follow up with you for assistance.

We hope this experience will not discourage you from trying more of our great products in the future.

Best Regards!
on May 23, 2013
I worked trying to install this for 3 hours and never could get it to work with the computer and modem. The CD install was unsuccessful. A second set of instructions were included in the event that it wouldn't install with the CD. I then followed those instructions, and the IP address provided was not even correct. It should have said 192.168.0.1, rather than 192.168.1.1 (it does make a difference!) I figured it out by looking at the instructions that were provided in Spanish! Then, it indicated that it was installed successfully...WRONG! I tried rebooting the computer, modem, and router multiple times, and the wireless devices, two iPads and a computer would not work with this router. The box says TP-Link offers 24/7 telephone tech support...WRONG! I called 3 times during the 3 hour period and each time received a message that "no technicians are available, please call back later". (I think you would call that false advertising.) There was not even an opportunity to leave a voice mail. I tried their web site, and it is no help for tech support.

DO NOT BUY THIS ROUTER. NO TECH SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE. I am an electronic technician and if I can't get it to work, I think it would be difficult for most people. I have returned it to Amazon (Amazon's customer service is amazing!)
on August 31, 2014
For those that have wireless network connection issues:

I just received this router as a replacement for my Airport Extreme (range was horrible). I also had issues with my phone and devices loosing connection and then failing to reconnect. The problem is with the wireless Channel Width. Set it to 20Mhz. This should alleviate any problems.

I'm not the average user. I went through the setup via wireless admin. I found the admin to be very well laid out and easy to navigate. Since using this router, I find that the range is greatly improved. It has about a 1.5x better reach than an internal antenna router (or at least compared to the older generation Airport Extreme).

Cons: Might take a little extra tweaking to get certain devices to work seamlessly with it. Nothing beyond the realm for a power user.
Pros: Very good range. Easy setup options, and lots of them.
on November 4, 2015
Was shocked by the results I received. Simple set up. I have a home office, and I get paid to do virtual conferences. It's nice to be able to stream videos to a group of forty people watching, and having a live webchat, and all the things that are necessary for me to do my job while my fiance sits in the other room and watches Netflix, or VOD, or Hulu, or YouTube, or anything else.

A lot of this isn't just because of the router. I pay my ISP quite a bit of money for the data that I receive but up until I got this router, I couldn't make use of it. It was frustrating watching the buffering, losing my connections, being unable to download apps on phones over wifi. I switched my modem into bridge mode, hooked this baby up and my speed skyrocketed.

Now to be honest, I'm still at about half capacity. I should be getting at most double the speed I'm getting, but I'm just happy getting half. I'm looking at other routers, but if you don't have the strict technical demands that I do, this router more than does the trick. I have five computers on it, a tv, three phones, and a PS3. I think a few tablets too. Ten plus items on my internet, and each runs smoothly and efficiently.

It's definitely the best router I've ever bought with that amount of money.
on April 5, 2016
It is not just this router that is misleading about its speed capabilities it is most of them out there. Unless the WAN port is a 10/100/1000 then you can not route any faster then 100Mbps period. These companies claim speeds of 450Mbps etc and it is a bunch of bull(wireless only). If you connect 2 devices to the LAN ports you are capped at 100Mbps but if you have 2 devices(not modem) on the same network wireless they can talk to each other at up to 450Mbps. That means your computer can talk to your printer super fast wirelessly yet your 300bps internet will come in at best 100Mbps. None of these routers even put these WAN/LAN port specs anywhere on the box so how is the consumer supposed to know they are being fooled.
Dear nolan campbell,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

With more and more devices now utilizing WiFi connectivity, our TL-WR940N is a great solution for the average home network. With WiFi bandwidth of up to 450Mbps, the TL-WR940N will allow many wireless devices to connect simultaneously without running into WiFi bandwidth degradation, while also optimizing bandwidth priority.

Equipped with a Fast Ethernet (industry standard terminology for 10/100Mbps) WAN port, and 4 Fast Ethernet LAN Ports, the TL-WR940N is a very suitable solution for many home networks and Internet service plans.

If your Internet Service Provider supplies an Internet speed to your home that is greater than 100Mbps, or if your network topology requires Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, we recommend taking a look at another of our many great products, the TL-WR1043ND:

[[ASIN:B002YLAUU8 TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V3 Wireless N450 Gigabit Router, 450Mbps, USB port for Sharing and Storage, 3 Detachable Antennas, WPS Button]]

Our TL-WR1043ND has many of the same fantastic features and much more, including the addition of Gigabit Ethernet.

Not all homes require Gigabit Ethernet, so we offer both of these great products in order to provide solutions for the various levels of home networking needs in our ever more connected world.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to e-mail us at the address provided below, and we will be happy to follow up with you.

Best Regards,
on July 23, 2013
Was so easy to set up, took only a matter of minutes!

Have 2 Xboxs, 2 PS3, 3 Laptops, a wifi enabled tv, and 5 phones that use wi-fi, and not one had a problem hooking up to this router.

Haven't had any issues with online gaming (router on 1st floor on other side of house - gaming systems upstairs). We have at least 2 if not 3 gaming systems on (both for games and movies) no problems yet.
on November 3, 2015
The power supply gives off a high pitched whining constantly. I was getting headaches every time I was in the room. Googled a way to fix the issue and read that I could open the power supply and add a little glue around the parts to help dampen the whining. I opened the power supply plug and found that some one else had already put glue all over the parts inside (see pictures). I did not add any glue, everything in the picture is as it was when sold. It looks like I was told this item was "new" but it turns out that TP-Link lied and is selling refurbished garbage.
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Dear Zac,

We sincerely apologize regarding your recent experience with our product.

TP-Link would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding the details of your case.

Please send us an email including your contact details along with a copy and paste of your review to the
address provided below so we may have one of our support agents follow up with you directly.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best Regards!
on January 17, 2016
I would consider myself a techie, so setting this up was child's play for me. I brought this router to replace to my Netgear N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (WNDR3400) which i had for about 7 years until it finally started to drop signal often and go on me. I was looking for something that could support multiple devices (I currently have 9 devices connected to it), good range, and a fast speedy connection for data hungry tasks such as video chatting, online gaming, and Netflix. I was a bit hesitant about purchasing this product as it is a lower priced model however this fit the bill nicely. I may even like it better than my Netgear router that I had. The pros to this router are i'm getting at least one third more range than i got with my Netgear router, I'm getting at least 2 more megabytes of download and upload, i have not had one drop as far as internet connectivity goes. The only con I can give this router is that it IS NOT A DUAL BAND ROUTER, which i knew prior to purchasing this product. Overall I have had a pleasant experience with this product so far, I will update my review if I happen to come across any problems.
on February 25, 2015
I'm very happy with this buy, finally the items arrived to my hands here in Venezuela. Items were well packaged, they arrived without problem. Works very good, I have connected my smartphone, laptop, and desktop pc, my brother his smartphone too and my cousin his iphone, and ipod.
review image review image