Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 10, 2014
Tiny router! Way smaller than it appears in pic. Seems to run cool and fast enough. I have one LAN port going to a Netgear wireless router. I have 2 computers, a voip phone, 3 blue-rays, and 2 cell phones running through it (not all at the same time.) Some are connected to the wifi, but it is still ultimately going through this router.
The CD is not necessary (it actually seems to be useless for this model). Just connect router to your computer via ethernet cable in the LAN ports, connect the incoming ethernet cable from your modem to the WAN port on the router, connect the power cord to the router, then power off your MODEM, wait a few seconds, and power it back on. Then it should be up and running in a minute or so.
Contrary to a prior review, I have 6 web pages open, streaming Dave Attel on Pandora, and using my voip phone... Maybe his computer just su#$s!
on August 15, 2015
I got this as the secondary router for the Verizon three router solution (described here: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16858). I wanted a cheap wired router with the necessary configuration options, and this fit the bill just fine. The whole setup seems to be working like a charm.
on February 26, 2014
I plugged it in, plugged in my cables, turned on the power, and everything worked, perfectly. The little guide book is fair, the micro CD, OK. Since my computers and other peripherals all were "seen," I did not have to configure anything at all. This was a five minute set up, for me. For about $25, in town, I can't complain. If it fails, I'll update, in here. My last router lasted fourteen years, and I paid about $50, for it, so I'll be happy with seven years, from this one, inflation not figured in. It's great that you can still buy wired routers, as wi-fi seems to be taking over the market.
on August 19, 2015
I run two computers off of a single cable modem and my last router bit the dust after about 8 years. I wanted something simple, and easy to set up and use without any need for on-line support or need for complicated configuring.

This item fit the bill right out of the box. It took maybe 3 minutes plug in the RJ-45 connections and the AC-to-DC power supply and I was up and running. The default factory configuration was perfect, at least for my setup.

Truly plug and play!
on February 7, 2016
Some may say "you get what you pay for" especially with this router. I bought this to use at my mother's house and was hoping for something simple. I originally was using my old linksys router there and it was working just fine for what I needed. I wanted to change out the Linksys for something else and put this inexpensive TP-Link TL-R402 in its place. All the TP-Link router had to do was take the internet from the cable modem and then go 10' to a PC computer and 10' to a Smart TV. I used the same settings as the Linksys with the TP-Link router. The TP-Link router would keep dropping the internet to just the Smart TV a few times a night making it very annoying watching TV.. The computer internet would be just fine. We would have to power down the router and TV to get this going again. I even tried calling the TP-Link customer service line for help and the Asian women was not that helpful. I finally put the Linksys router back in line and everything is working great, the Smart TV stays on the internet 24/7.. Conclusion, don't use this router for a Smart TV.
on October 27, 2012
Small, super responsive web ui, does its job flawlessly. Installation is easy. I would reccomend this product if you need a little bit of an advanced home office/small business network topology. In my case i use a separate wifi access point around the house and this router just routes and does dhcp and then goes to a 16 port tp-link switch.
on November 19, 2013
If all you want to do is surf the net, ok, this might cut it. But if you want to actually have many tabs open, transfer files around your network, or god forbid torrent some files- AVOID THIS ROUTER. Torrents will eat up the very very little amount of RAM this router has and then it'll crash and burn. You'll have to give it a hard reset to get it back online.
on July 12, 2013
It was cheaper than replacing the power supply that burned out on my old router. I don't need wireless or the security problems related to running wireless. I run 2 to 3 computers in a home environment on a cable modem.
on June 19, 2013
Pros: Works great for regular consumer use, plenty of options like the name brands, all at a fraction of the cost.

Cons: Not recommended for heavy use such as home web server or heavy file sharing use, will drop packets after pushing 40Mbits/sec consistently for 24+ hrs.
on October 25, 2013
My home network is much better now that I put in this router and added access points. Stop wasting money like I did buying amplifiers and extenders of a single wireless router will not cover your home.