Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Model: Fast-Ethernet Router|Change
Price:$21.64+ Free shipping

on April 23, 2014
I purchased this wireless router as part of a home upgrade to gigabit ethernet for a small rural house with two adults, numerous wired devices, but only a couple using wireless. Dual band wireless seems a waste in that scenario, so I shopped on price and user comments/reviews. I received it in a timely fashion, well packaged, a month ago, plugged it in, changed the wireless network name and password, disabled WPS, and haven't looked back since. I haven't had to reboot it once, and signal strength seems excellent.

Some detail:

Physically not much to say. Your basic black box with lights and receptacles. Suitable only for standing up on edge, and would be better with more weight (so the weight of cables doesn't tip it over or pull it off a shelf). Used to be you'd find pieces of scrap steel inside light devices, just for weight. Not these days. Provision for wall mounting would also be nice, but that's not so common these days either. Minor quibbles.

Configuration interface and features: The interface is ordinary, web based, and fairly complete for consumer gear. The only thing I felt was missing was a more granular QoS setup. This router has only WMM on/off. However when I stressed the router with VOIP (2 lines) and streaming video (2 x HD) I could still browse as if nothing else was sharing the network. A crude test but I'm satisfied.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this router to those with similar needs.
on January 30, 2014
I bought this one for the Gigabit ports. I'm running gigabit wired throughout my house, but I use the wireless for my laptop and phone. I haven't had any problems with it. No drop outs and range is excellent for internal antenna. I have it located in the center of my house, so I can pick it up full bars from anywhere.

One of the other reviewers that had trouble setting it up must have gotten a bad one because I was up and running within minutes.

Two things I really like are the guest SSID for company, and the IP reservation. It lets you assign IP addresses to each device on the network based on it's MAC address. It's like giving all your devices static IPs in the router and not having to go to each device to do it. I really prefer this because you can put a name with all the devices so you know what each device is instead of just a list of IPs and MACs. If you like assigning static IPs to your devices, you should consider this router.

It's been running great for a couple months and I would recommend it to anyone.
on January 23, 2014
Bought this during a Black Friday sale on the off chance it would help with my network. I was surprised; what a great buy!

I have an Asus AC router; as a newer technology than N, I spent a lot of money to make my network "future-proof." Over a year later, none of my multiple devices even use AC wireless technology yet. The only thing I did discover about my network is that there is a glaring dead spot on the third floor. First world problems, right? The router is in the elevator room on the bottom floor and the kitchen and top deck have no reception. I got tired of going out on the deck or trying to look up recipes in the kitchen and getting the "no connection" errors.

I followed the instructions to connect this little wi-fi extender to my existing network. It worked immediately. I chose a spot on the 3rd floor two rooms closer to the network. I then took my iPad 4 into the kitchen and the deck, and lo-and-behold, I now have FULL bars. The same is the case with my laptop and phones. All now work where there was previously a dead spot. Of course I would not be able to do this on the 5GHz band as this is only a 2.4GHz device, but that is fine with me. I only use the 5Ghz band when I'm streaming Netflix in my room, as other devices like the wireless printer force us on to the 2.4GHz band for everyday use.

I was concerned about adding an N300 device to an AC, dual-band network, that it would slow traffic. However, I have noticed no real drop in download rates.

The only drawback, and it's a funny one - this wi-fi extender "looks" kind of like a wall charger, so my parents kept unplugging it, asking me if I left my iPad charger out again. I finally just plugged it into an obscure outlet that nobody uses or even walks by, so they don't keep making that mistake. :)
on May 20, 2014
When it comes to upgrading technology, I like to pay a careful cost-benefit analysis and don't simply run after the shiniest new thing. That is why when it came time for me to upgrade my b/g router, I did not immediately go for the ac routers as good ones are really expensive these days and I don't see a reason to use that much bandwidth at my home (your case might be different). I finally settled on a b/g/n router and then started looking at prices. This router, even though it had some complaints, really had a great bargain price and I decided to give it a try. I have now used it for many months and I think this router gets the job done for my house. I do agree with some reviewers that the transmit power of this router is a little less than other routers, but at least in my home it is able to reach all the important places. If you own a really big place or if you have lots of devices and you need higher bandwidth then you might want to consider other (expensive) options. But if none of these things describe your situation then I would highly encourage you to give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised (given the price of this router)!
on January 16, 2015
I work mostly on professional grade equipment, things like Sonicwall, Samsung, Cisco type. I purchased this as an much older Trendnet that I had could not do "N" mode but was still working. I've been using it for over a month now, so I held off writing a review until I could put it through the paces.

What I do like about the N300, it's got plenty of configurations. If you know what your doing with a Wireless router, you can do lots of neat tricks. For example, I can have the primary SSID hidden with it's own security. You can also set the transmitter power output, for example 12.5% covered my entire house and part of the back yard. You can add a Guest SSID, and keep it separate from the main SSID network. This is great if you have kids and want to do things like set the Guest SSID to only work until bed time [Sorry kids, don't blame me, it's the routers fault :) . Now go to bed]. It also generates email reports, which can get a bit long and unless your a network professional, you won't use.

Another thing about it is you can turn off the old "B" format and run just "G and N mixed". This works well as I have a TV on the other side of the house that connects in G mode and I can watch Amazon Prime on it over the wireless. The router has WMM [wireless QOS] enabled so it can carve out bandwidth to allow us to watch streaming and still run other wireless devices in the house.

The router also allows for static DHCP, so you can lock down the IP address of all your regular wireless goodies. Great if you use the reports and want to see which devices keep having issues.

I was amazed that for the low price, you could manually set things like the Preamble size and Beacon periods. Great for getting more throughput or dealing with an older device [or setting the system to NOT bother with older devices like I did].

What I don't like or really, what I wish it had was the ability to daisy chain or group the schedules. You can set the schedule to say 7 AM to 7 PM for everyday. You can't set a schedule for 7 AM to 7 PM M-F with 7 AM to 11PM Sat-Sun. Yeah, it's minor, but it would be nice to have that ability.

Overall, for the money, it's a really good 2.4Ghz wireless router. I would say it's one of the better bang for the buck routers in the Wireless home and small business arena. I don't now how easy it would be for a non-computer person to set this up, but if your at the intermediate to expert level, you will have it running in no time flat.
on December 22, 2008
This adapter boosted the speed of transmission from 54 to 130 Mbps. Exceeded expectations. I wasn't sure I'd use it or need it, but it makes a huge difference!
on September 26, 2015
I bought this router to function at a wireless access point in my garage. I wanted to mount it on the ceiling so it would not be potentially damaged by something. Mounting and connecting was just as simple as it should be. The setup software was very easy to use, and is perfect for anyone that does not have the tech know-how that some others do. If you do have some tech know-how, the control panel of the router also has many advanced features such as QoS, port forwarding, virtual server, and many more. Connection speed is nice and snappy, even allowing me to stream 10gb Blu-ray movies from my home server to my laptop. 1000Mbps connection through LAN ports would have been nice, but at this price, this router is a no brainer.
on December 1, 2015
I've read a lot, and I mean a lot, of reviews on wifi extenders. At some point you just have to make a decision, and I made the right one. My smart TV had trouble connecting to the wireless router and some of the smart functions such as Amazon Prime Video, would not load or would drop off. The TEW-737HRE was the fix for me. I chose to log-in to the unit and do my setup via my laptop. It took less than ten minutes and I was up and running. Now the TV is at 100% signal and I've watched almost all of "The Man In The High Castle' without one bit trouble! All of my other devices, tablets, phones, and VOIP phone have benefitted from the increased signal strength.
on October 30, 2008
I have bought three (3) of these TEW-624UB and two of TEW-637AP because they have me very happy with these products I can"t rate them high enough. A five star rating is way to low for what these products have done for my wireless home network. I give these 10 stars. Thomas T. Perry
on April 27, 2014
I used this for my older computer that did not have wireless built in. It was working great connected to my TRENDnet router. When I switched over to a cable company router, this adapter worked with that router also. The brand is not on that router, just the cable company name, so I can't tell you the brand.