Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 11, 2013
After deciding to relocate the Internet modem to the den to hardwire the Roku box to the router for better HD streaming, we found the wi-fi signal was very weak on the other side of the house. I already had a TRENDnet router, so I decided on the TRENDnet extender (price had a lot to do with it). It is installed in the kitchen, boosting the wi-fi signal to the bedrooms.

I initially used the WPS button to link the two routers, however the connection wasn't stable. In the end, I set up the connection manually using a laptop, hardwired to the extender. I also assigned a static IP to the extender. Since then, the connection has been stable and strong. I'm writing this on my laptop in the room furthest from the den, where the cable modem and base router live.
on December 16, 2012
Don't expect any helpful documentation with this device, but once you get it connected, the setup is straight forward. It has been very stable now for over 6 months and, since it is sitting on a windowsill (which means serious temperature changes) to accomplish the extension we need, I can recommend it.
on May 21, 2014
I knew the instructions weren't great after reading all the reviews, but even after following the instructions from the Trendnet website, the unit wouldn't connect. I called technical support and they spent about 20 minutes with me, getting the unit to connect to my router. At first it seemed to work OK, but then kept dropping out. Even when my Smartphone or my Tablet would connect, I would get Network errors. I tried the unit in 5 different locations. It almost seems like you can't use this unit if there is any signal at all from your wireless router to your phone or tablet. Apparently the two signals prevent the phone or tablet from connecting to the network. If I place the Trendnet unit to where my device would get 2 bars, and then use my phone or tablet from a distance where it doesn't get any signal from my wireless router at all, it sometimes connects to the extender and works. I was hoping I could use my phone or tablet anywhere within the range of my wireless router or Trendnet extender but it apparently doesn't work that way. If my tablet or phone picks up both signals, I just get network errors. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me. I think I'll just buy a new wireless router with a stronger signal.
on January 27, 2013
I needed to get internet from one building to another that wireless wont work. So this picks up my sprint hotspot, converts it to wired and then back to a router (wired) that does wired and wireless in the other building. The only other choice I had was the cradlepoint MBR95, which was over twice the money. Yes great customer support before and after i purchased it.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 13, 2013
The trendnet website says that this is a discontinued item. Amazon did not let me know this. It does not work. The setup program locks up. I have wasted several hours trying to get this to work.. unsuccessfully. Very disappointed.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Billy,

We apologize deeply for this not working for you. Please email me at adrian@trendnet.com with "Amazon TEW-736RE Review" in the subject line and I will be able to assist you immediately. Thank for taking the time to review our product and we hope to hear from you soon to regain your trust in TRENDnet.

Warm Regards,
Adrian
on March 3, 2013
I've only had the range extender a short time but it appears to work as advertised. If was a challenge to set up. I have an apple router which could not be set up easily. I ended up calling for assistance. This worked very well.
on April 10, 2013
Plugged in the power. Logged into my wireless router upstairs. Launched WPS on the router. Pressed the WPS on the range extender. One minute later I was getting full strength signal from the my router. Worth every penny!
on April 28, 2013
yes, it was easy to set up and once yo and running, it works flawlessly. set it and forget about it.
on June 26, 2013
Short and sweet. Worked smoothly right out of the box. Took about 5 minutes from tearing off the shrink wrap to fully programmed and network extended. My desk now gets 5 bars instead of two or three.

I use it both as a wireless repeater and as a wireless to wired bridge for my shop. And it is flawless. Well, almost. So very close...

It does not have any obvious mounting brackets or screw holes to mount on the wall or networking board. That was worth a star to me. Others of you might have given it 5 stars and I would have done...
33 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2013
WPS didn't really work out, so instead I had to call them. They thoroughly explained how to set it up with a computer and ethernet cable (included) instead of the WPS button. It turned out great, and he was very patient since this took quite a while. I can now do everything in the internet that I couldn't have done in the past. Great product at an excellent price, and EXTRAORDINARY customer service!