5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS FOR ME AND I LOVE IT
Published on June 22, 2012 by lisa walters

1.0 out of 5 stars Wont buy again
I purchased this shampoo and the conditioner a few months back at a local store. I ended up returning them both. I don't have damaged or chemically treated hair but this made my hair feel like straw and no other product has ever made my hair feel so terrible. Happy to hear it works great for some people but it doesn't work for me.
Published 23 months ago by Vanessa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS FOR ME AND I LOVE IT, June 22, 2012
lisa walters (California City, Ca, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Shampoo, 25 Ounce (Misc.)
I for one am not a lover of chemicals or shampoos with sulfates (even though there are indeed sulfates in this shampoo despite what the bottle says) but I have tried every natural shampoo brand on the market for my hair and nothing has helped. I have psoriasis on my scalp and the natural shampoos I've tried have either left my scalp drier or my hair more brittle. There was never a good balance of moisture for me. SO I saw this tresemme naturals shampoo and decided to try it out. For one, I love avocado and it nourishes hair great. The aloe vera was also a nice plus. This shampoo made my hair not only soft and moisturized, it nourished and moisturized my scalp as well reducing my psoriasis and flakiness by 60% with just the first wash. I was shocked and amazed and decided this would be my new go to shampoo. The conditioner is just as great. Also for those who have hard water using distilled water as a final rinse will boost the effects of the shampoo and since i started using distilled water my psoriasis are pretty much gone. This product is fantastic. Give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars This curlyhead loves this shampoo!, May 8, 2013
Naturally curly hair tends towards dry and frizzy. This shampoo seems to be the perfect balance of moisturizing and cleaning, at least for me. With shampoos offering more moisture, my hair didn't feel clean enough, even the same brand. So I've stuck with this one for quite some time, and am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, April 25, 2013
Paraben free products are hard to find. Nice to see a mainstream known brand name product paying attention to consumers demands for healthy products. Very nice product. I'd highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wont buy again, August 5, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this even shampoo?, November 6, 2013
I have used this exact shampoo for years, and I ordered it off Amazon for the first time. It looks and smells like hand soap! I'm not sure if TRESemme has changed their product, but I am not convinced that I was sent shampoo by Amazon. Very unhappy and feeling ripped off.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hair feels like plastic while washing., September 21, 2013
When rinsing this shampoo out, my hair felt like plastic strings - after drying and styling, like a dried out mess. I used BioSilk before and loved it, but was trying to save a little money and went for this product. I won't buy again. The shampoo felt like it had wax in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars MY HAIR IS CLEAN, September 1, 2013
OK. This gets my hair squeaky clean. I am not sure if it MOISTURIZES it as well. I didn't use moisturizer with it the first time I used it, and my hair was very ELECTRIFIED! Yikes. Enough static electricity to power the space shuttle. I suspect that the name may be a hype, but the price was right, my hair is clean, and so far I like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, March 11, 2013
I am African-American with 4a/4b hair. I have used this shampoo a lot and I really liked it at first but after a while I noticed that my scalp would feel very dry afterwards. I hate I bought another bottle. I started using a mild kids shampoo instead and now my scalp feels much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SHAMPOO!, June 28, 2011
i have thick middle eastern hair, yes super curly and yes super frizzy. i highly recommend tresemme moisture shampoo and conditioner, it made my hair soft and healthy for the first time in years! i have chemically straightened my hair twice, flat iron it everyday, before the flat iron i used to do it with an iron and iron board haha, so trust me when i say i found an amazing shampoo and conditioner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shampoo at a bargain price!, September 17, 2011
My daughter and I typically use sulfate free shampoo's. We also do the Curly Girl co-wash with conditioner. However we were running into a problem because my daughter's hair is so dry (like the Sahara!) but her scalp is not! Some of those shampoo's worked wonders on her hair but not the scalp and vice versa. She also has very thich hair that is tough to shampoo -- you have to use a lot of product to get to the roots of her hair (waist length curly hair that is super thick and mixed fine and coarser strands)

This shampoo turns out to be a great compromise for her. It does not strip her hair (leaving it with no natural oil), cause it to feel like straw, and it doesn't contribute to her tangles. It's slightly thick which is easier for her to deal with than runny. It doesn't smell bad and it has a decent enough lather for what she needs.

I would not use this without a conditioner for her -- and we use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner, 13 Fluid Ounce because the Tresemme conditioner that goes with this just was not heavy duty enough for her thirsty locks. If you have medium to slightly dry hair then give the condish a try -- but for truly dry hair take a pass in our opinion.

The cost of this shampoo means I don't have to be concerned with how much she uses. It is the best value shampoo out there which takes into account those of us who want to limit sulfate use (or reduce it) but don't want to pay the big bucks to do so. In fact my daughter likes it so much that she would chose this over some of the other pricier brands!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›