Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 14, 2012
I've never owned a Mad Catz product, I only know that i've never had a Turtle Beach product last me longer than 30 days. I was actually going to give in and get the Turtle Beach Wii U headset, despite being scared of how it looked, when this headset went on sale for the same price.
Anyways I got it in last night, unpackaged it, the only gripe I have is the packaging was interesting to get open. It looks snazzy, but it's not a practical package. Put it on my head and personally I don't know that i've had anything this comfortable before. I have a large head and after a few hours most headsets begin to hurt my ears and the side of my head because they are pressing inward to much. This is not the case with these.
They feel solid, they aren't too heavy, aren't too light, it seems like they could take a decent beating. They are snazzy, the in line mute control is a godsend after i've been stuck using my iphone headset and couldn't mute anything.
the sound coming from them is great, I feel like there are certain limitations because of the power of the wii u gamepad, possibly it could be louder/ just plugged them into my PC and played some stuff with heavy bass it definitely could be better, but with the power output of the wii u headset it's perfectly fine.

I am very pleased with these and i'm glad I snagged them when I did.
on April 4, 2013
I use this headphone for my Wii U online gaming and Cellphone as a wired headset.
It produces great sound quality as far as speakers, everything is a little flat, but for voice purpose it is perfect.
I never get complaints about not being able to be heard while playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U.
on July 15, 2013
I bought this mostly to have a headset for the Wii U despite not really needing it since the gamepad can pick up sound. The only problem with that, is the game bad doesn't seem to have very good noise canceling (you can hear people pushing buttons on their gamepad) and from what i've heard of people actually using it while playing online, the volume is very inconsistent due to how the person is holding the gamepad. The TRITTON Kunai was my solution to that problem, and its a good headset. I like the mic is detachable, and it mostly has a good feel. The top cushioning seems a bit awkward, but I get used to it, and while the sides also don't cover my ears completely, it isn't an issue. The two biggest things I look for in a headset are comfort and durability, this thing excels in the durability department (there is a lot of flexibility with the top) and is ok with comfort. It is not the most comfortable headset I have used (that honor goes to my Arena Soundblaster I still use on my PC) but they aren't the worst in that area as well. For the price, it is a good headset that I would recommend if you need a pair for the Wii U.
on December 28, 2012
We have tried to get many different headphones to work with our WII's. We purchased two New WII U's and these work great with them. The son also uses them on his phone and tablet. they have good fit and sound quality. My son also likes the microphone feature which he uses often during game play. So far these are well worth the money and I would recommend these when looking for headphones for the WII U. They do not work on the regular WII.
on March 16, 2013
Great Headset option for the U!

I've tried a few and this is the best by far. Very durable build. Crisp clear sound of both ingame sounds as well as other players. Easy to hear others walking near you even without awareness perk(on CoD:BO2 which is my main use for it atm). Others I game with don't have to suffer the background noise or echo of the TV they forgot to turn down(or being used for TV while playing on the pad) or rest of the room inherent with the inline mic feature of some other options. Only improvement could be is if they could somehow develop them to mute a certain decibel lvled voice to avoid the kiddos. Thankfully, all games I play anymore allow for muting individual players which has become necessary as the gaming community have devolved, on the whole, across the different platforms. As with the others I've seen, the cord is short, but my gamepad is always close as it is so it hasn't proven an issue to me.
on February 19, 2015
According to my son, who uses it with his Wii U: The sound quality is very clear and the fit is comfortable. His one complaint is the attachable microphone, which doesn't stay locked in place, nor does it trasmit. Luckily, the Wii U game pad has a built in microphone that works fine. Unfortunately for me, he did not tell me about the dysfunctioning microphone so that I could return it. Overall he is happy with it.
on January 24, 2014
FIRST, i just want to point out that no matter how long you wear headphones for it will eventually hurt your ears....It's pretty much common since since your ears are made of cartilage.

Sound Quality: 5/5
Comfort: 5/5
sturdiness: 5/5(note: the microphone DOES stay in place pretty perfectly)
Stylish: 5/5
Size: Comparable to DJ headphones

These are the #1 headphones to buy for Wii U. YES, it was worth every penny buying.
I also want to note that the headphones don't go all the way up to "make you go def" volume. They are maxed to a level to protect the future of your hearing. They block out background noise quite well too.
on February 4, 2013
I picked this headset up for myself originally but I liked it so much for Black Ops 2 on Wii U, I sent a gift card to my friend so he could buy it. The headset works really well and is comfortable for short to medium length play sessions (1-3 hours) but I do find myself sliding one side off to give my ear a break if I play longer than that. Not a deal breaker at all, just something I noticed. Also, they aren't noise canceling, but they fit so well that the noise is shut out fairly well. I have heard complaints about the volume being low, and mine are turned up all the way all the time, but it's an ok volume as long as it's not a really noisy room. The mic is great and I like that I can take it off if I just want headphones. The only Wii U specific that is slightly frustrating is the wire length. It's perfect for the system use, but if I use it with my cell phone for music or anything else, it's a touch short. Luckily, these get a ton of use on the Wii U so it's not a real concern.

For me, these are a perfect headset and I'm glad my friend and I have them.
VINE VOICEon November 16, 2013
work well with my devices, including my ipad and iphone. Comfortable to wear,, not too tight. Reasonable price. I really liked using these with my ipad to watch movies and not disturbing other folks on the plane.
on February 18, 2014
the 2 recent headsets i bought proved that great products don't need to be pricey.
i conducted conferences using the built-in (removable) mic & i was heard loud & clear. (better than my built in mic from my macbook, & even better than the ear buds/mic that came with my iphone)

sound is great & comfortable even for long use...it's just bulky to carry or store in my backpack...