Customer Discussions > Metal Gear Solid HD Collection forum

TRUE Gamers will buy this instead of....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2011 9:39:52 AM PST
Armypunk says:
Not being a troll here, but I think true gamers, i.e. people who love well created, inspiring, interesting games should buy this instead of MW3. Especially XBOX players. You get to experience THE best game series of all time for the first time (well, at least Snake Eater and Peace Walker). Call of Duty would be better in my opinion if it weren't an online game with a campaign tacked on. I can't belive how many people don't even play the campaign. Metal Gear>All other games.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 9:54:46 AM PST
AngelGel says:
If i get MGS HD and MW3 i'm a true gamer?

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 11:22:26 AM PST
tom says:
How does owning an Xbox equal not having any other system and never played MGS on any other system? I am getting this on 360 because I've been playing this series since the PS1 and now primarily play 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 1:24:18 PM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
?????

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 1:25:19 PM PST
Armypunk says:
What I said was that it is good that XBOX owners who haven't been able to experience this series now get to see how good it is. I never said owning an XBOX meant you didn't have any other system. I just meant that MGS 3 and Peace Walker were Sony exclusives until now. That being said, the perferred way (this has been said by Kojima himself) to play Metal Gear in on a Sony system. Plus, the collection is on one disc versus 3.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 4:21:30 PM PST
Gamemaster64 says:
I guess I am a true gamer since I am getting MGS and not MW3...what is MW3?

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 4:53:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2011 4:54:13 PM PST
Armypunk says:
Mw3? Most over hyped, overrated game ever. I'll play COD when they decide to have a real campaign.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 8:07:53 AM PST
JWK says:
!

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 9:37:40 AM PST
Eduardo Luna says:
I got both. There are no "true" gamers. There are gamers who prefer RPG's or maybe shooters. Platformers or hack-and-slash. Just pick your poison and go forth. I happen to think that Metal Gear is the best series I've ever played in my life, but I also happen to think that there is something to be said for the frenetic gunplay of Call of Duty. So, even though you are not trying to troll, you are deriding some gamers simply because they have different tastes than yours.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 12:18:59 PM PST
Colton Conn says:
yes i agree... im sick of everyone who comes to me and is like
friend: "wanna come over and play some video games!"
me: "YES SOUNDS FUN"
friend: "good cause i just got the new cod"
me: "WALKS AWAY SAD"
I mean seriously 5 games now still no changes in gameplay... virtually feels identical, graphics show minor improvements, and there really is no story... everyone i freaking talk to raves about how its so good, i beat mw2, and nothing happens... the story boils down to this boring characters, doing random things no one connects to... the only cool thing was when u see urself get gasoline thrown all over u and the one guy lights u on fire... anyways im done raging people will continue to be ignorant cod fanboys

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 1:32:44 PM PST
A. Miller says:
Lol...Who are YOU to decide what a "true gamer" is?? Topic is beyond silly.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 5:10:40 PM PST
So...if someone got MW3 today, they're not a "true" gamer?

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 5:38:02 PM PST
S. Rhodes says:
"True" gamers, in my mind, are the type that will play ANYTHING THEY CAN GET THEIR HANDS ON! To be a "true" gamer you don't just "like" video games you LOVE them. You're passionate about them. You play the good, the bad and the ugly. You play the overhyped and overrated. You play the underhyped and under appreciated. And most important, you value the games themselves, not the hardware they're played on. And you play what you want to play and don't worry about what people think makes you a "true" gamer.

Isn't it time to stop being twelve about this? If you don't like Modern Warfare 3 don't get it. It's that simple. That's why it's called a "product." You can choose to use it or you can choose not to use it. And someone can choose to use it or can choose not to as well. Being a "true" gamer is very likely not related too heavily to what you play. Because in order to be a "true" gamer you have to do so much more than just play video games. Remember a "film buff" doesn't just watch movies... he's studies them. The good, the bad and the ugly. He sees what makes a certain film work and what doesn't work. He observes and suffers through that which he knows he'll despise and that which he doesn't think he'll enjoy. Being passionate about video games requires so much more than just being entertained by the medium. How deeply will you dive? If you're not willing to dive into the good, the bad and the ugly; the overhyped and overrated, the under appreciated and under rated... then are you really a "true" gamer or are you just someone still trying to prove he is one?

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 6:47:47 AM PST
John Mann says:
I have every intention to get the Metal Gear Solid collection. But first.....SKYRIM!

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 6:51:03 AM PST
NameSource says:
"true gamers, i.e. people who love well created, inspiring, interesting games"

Some people find MW3 a well created, inspiring, interesting game. Others feel the same way about Mario Galaxy. And others feel the same way about Metal Gear.

So....based on the definition provided.....I'm curious to know what an "untrue" gamer is?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 6:51:49 AM PST
NameSource says:
@ S. Rhodes:

Word!

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 6:58:50 AM PST
NameSource says:
I've played games with deep and intricate storylines that were incredible......and I've played games with deep and intricate storylines that were boring.

I've played games with simple, linear, mindless gameplay that were incredible.......and I've played games with simple, linear, mindless gameplay that were boring.

If you don't like COD. Don't play it. If you don't like Metal Gear, don't play it. Last time I checked, this is the free world and not N*zi Germany. People can like........(rum roll please).......WHATEVER THEY LIKE! Some games are fun, others arent.

Am I the only one who finds this obvious?

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 9:03:32 AM PST
J. George says:
I've gotten both. I love both. Who has a problem, again?

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 2:30:50 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 11, 2011 2:31:42 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 8:53:21 AM PST
K. Tucker says:
I guess I'll be the old timer in the thread and say this: I can't consider someone a "true gamer", or a connoisseur of games as I would rather say, until they've worked through and/or still hold an admiration for all of the classic games that are the ultimate inspiration for modern games.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection by Konami (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (258)