Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2007 10:24:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2007 10:25:30 PM PDT
Randy Hauck says:
Add this address to the list of scams.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2007 4:58:49 PM PDT
brady says:
Thank you. You just cost them a customer and saved me some money!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 7:13:38 PM PDT
Material on DVDs I ordered obviously pirated and some DVDs are blank. Took them months to finally send order. Requests for refund have gone unanswered. Save your money. DMSJr

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2007 3:33:16 PM PST
roxy says:
lost my money also. ordered 2 dvd box sets a few weeks ago. my c/c was charged but the merchandise never came. tried to reach the company by phone, e-mail and online chat but did not get anywhere. it's now being researched by my bank and will probably take forever to get my money back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2007 10:21:35 AM PST
J. Kaestner says:
Wish I had trusted amazon.com a lot more and shopped around a lot less! My husband LOVED the TV series "Coach" --- amazon.com has seasons 1 and 2 and season 3 on pre-sale for February release. I went price shopping and came up with all nine seasons from UltimateDVDShop.com (aka DVDAvenue.TV aka DVDPlanet.TV aka TVAddicts.com). When I couldn't get email confirmation of my purchase, I FINALLY started checking these #@$%*#s out --- luckily I caught on in time to REFUSE the shipment of whatever junk they finally boxed up for me AND set my credit card's fraud investigation team on them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2007 11:52:28 AM PST
Scarlet says:
yes: tvaddicts is a total scam.

i did get a refund, then i got a email saying they are shipping my item! i alerted my credit card that they might try to charge my card again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2007 12:04:01 AM PST
corriem says:
Does anyone have any sort of a mailing address for this mob or for DVDdonkey? My bank will only refund my card if I can prove that I have sent back the unplayable DVDs that I spent $120 on - none of their sites has any proper contact details and there was no return address (of course) on the packaging.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2007 4:26:53 AM PST
J. Kaestner says:
My shipment had this return address: 1920 Broad Rd #13547 --- Regina, Saskatchewan, S4P 3V2. Hope that helps you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2008 1:53:15 PM PST
Just got off line with Linda(if there really is such a person) and drilled her for info at dvd donkey. i had her stumbling all over about who owns these companies and got a run around. she claims that she is in Miami, but it seems to me that this possible scam is coming from canada and of course,when i asked the silly question "are these bootlegged copies" since no one else is selling theses complete tv shows, first i got no answer and then after asking again and again, she assured me that they werent bootlegged--HA HA HA. So, who knows who owns these con corporations and where are they located is a big mystery. I sort of thought since these complete tv shows were available no where else on the internet, that they must be bootlegged. Where do we go from here with these con artists??? The internet police????

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2008 1:27:33 PM PST
J. Kaestner says:
Woo-hoo! I got a FULL REFUND from UltimateDVDShop.com --- the particular alias with which I (foolishly) did business! Of course, I had to tell them that I was reporting them to the FBI, but, hey, it worked! I don't know if the FBI will follow up on my complaint now that I can't say I've been "defrauded" --- but I want to put what I learned out there for the rest of you who've been burned!
1) See my previous post for a shipping address in Canada.
2) I received a call from 305-420-6220 in Miami. Thanks to Caller ID, I was able to call them back --- again and again! :-)
3) The FBI takes complaints on Internet fraud at www.ic3.gov. Use the phrases "bootleg" and "piracy" --- there are international laws against these practices. Maybe enough complaints against ALL the websites and company names
these people use will BUST THEM!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 8:41:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2008 10:12:00 AM PST
I stupidly ordered an entire collection of a TV series from TVaddicts and recieved obviously pirated (I have since discovered that the collection has not yet been released!) as well as defective DVDs (the images stall and break up). They appear to have been copied directly from TV and even contain episodes of unrelated shows! The Miami phone number is always busy. I will report them to the FBI. Thank you for the information. This is the first time I have been stung.

This is an"edit" to this post:

I finally reached "Lana" at the # in Miami and she said my card will be credited fot the full amount and she is sending me a postage paid envelope to return the DVDs. I did, however, report the scam to the FBI (at www.ic3.gov.) with plenty of details. I might retain the DVDs as evidence as they suggest.

I hope I get my $ back, but mostly I hope they get shut down. (I do suppose they just keep starting up again under new names.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2008 9:57:46 AM PST
captain rick says:
captrick
I AGREE
BEWARE OF THIS SITE
Two months still have not received item ordered. I keep getting emails that item is back ordered but when you go to the web site it says the item is available. They won't answer phones under any of their 4 or more names. They won't return messages left on their automated system. Instructs in back order emails to click the link if you want to cancel or receive a refund but the link does not work!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2008 3:29:47 PM PST
Big Red says:
I just called my credit card company to dispute my charge for the Fresh Prince of BelAir DVD set from TVaddict.tv. I too have numerous emails stating my item is backordered. Also, my credit card was charged for more than my receipt shows. I've called, emailed, tried live chat, and get not response. My credit card company said this would be an international dispute and it could take 120 days to resolve. She gave me another number to call that she had, but when I called, it's the same woman's voice giving the same information. I will be going to the FBI website also and posting a complaint. Thanks for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2008 11:44:04 AM PST
M. Weis says:
I also have been trying to get response to my Nov. order for set of Chris Isaak show DVDs - with no results. They sent msg end of Dec. that it was charged, but I could not get them to respond about when it was shipped - so today I sent e-mail requesting refund on the charge and to cancel the order, with no response. Does anyone have more information or experience on how to get refund to charge card or where to report them besides www.ic3.gov?
deedledd@aol.com

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2008 7:24:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2008 7:28:32 AM PST
Nicole L says:
I have to thank you all for writing all these things. I just made a purchase from tvaddicts.tv yesterday afternoon and then that night I wanted to check something on the website and did a google search to find the site again... that's when I came across this site telling me about all the fraud this company has been doing. I simply can't thank you enough. I immediately sent the company an email canceling my order and BIG SURPRISE, the email came right back to me. This morning I was able to call my bank and cancel the transaction before they ever took the money from my account. You guys are a HUGE life-saver (or money-saver)!!! These people are scum and should be taken down immediately.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2008 1:20:40 PM PST
I too want to thank you for this blog, I too was scammed by DVD Donkey. Fortunately my bank will go after them, if possible and I sent a complaint to the FBI. I have learned that I need to research better. These posts made me better informed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2008 2:28:33 PM PST
TVAddicts website is listed on ComplaintsBoard.com, as well as other dvd sellers. Many people are peeved with them. Most of these dvd sellers are taking advantage of the public, offering bootleg tv series on disc with the worst quality, stuff they recorded off regular tv.

A friend of mine ordered a tv series from one of these sites and the seller put five hours of content onto each disc! Horrible quality, of course. A dvd can hold up to three hours with decent picture and sound, anything more than that will be awful quality.

Proceed with caution when buying non-commercial dvd's. It's easy to get ripped off. Make sure that the seller only records two or three hours max on each disc. The less content, the better it'll look.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2008 2:44:08 PM PST
i to ordered the dvd set of the "johnny cash tv show" never got anything.my card was asscessed within hours of my order.i have tried to talk with someone countless times,but all i get is a recording and form e-mails.my addvise do not order from any of the companys.after reading the complaints about them,i am sure i would have been diapointed anyway.=========patricia anderson babydoll61649@aol.com

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2008 4:05:46 PM PST
yeah. i ordered the cagney and lacey complete set and it never came. they told me that they wld not charge my card until it came and then proceeded to do just that...i am still waiting for my stuff and I just recently found the complaints...what a bummer....
this folks are a pure scam and bogus....
thanxs for alerting me to the donkey.com one ...i almost got taken into that one...(groan)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2008 6:39:01 AM PST
Kathy Upton says:
One month ago I ordered Dark Skies from tvaddicts.com and got several emails that the series was backordered. I just picked up the set from the post office and haven't been home to check the disks out....but having stopped at the local library and reading that this site is a scam I can hardly wait to get home to see what I have. When I opened the package I knew something was wrong....three disks in a package that was obviously meant for six disks. I also just found out the series isn't even available yet. Are you going to contact FBI or anyone????? I used a debit card to pay for mine and now I'm concerned about future unauthorized uses.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2008 5:07:38 AM PDT
Thanks. I was on the fence about using these people. Considering how they have "complete" series of shows that don't even have real releases, I figured they were pirated. I did some digging and sure enough they are cheap TV broad cast versinos of the shows. Saved me a bundle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2008 7:16:12 PM PDT
KEITH MORRIS says:
I ordered rescue 8 for a family member. When it arrived I immediately noticed it was a pos( hope you understand) bootleg. Extremely poor quality. It looks like someone sat in front of the tv and taped the show.I will be reporting this to the f.b.i. Avoid these idiots at all cost.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2008 7:05:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2008 7:06:45 PM PDT
J. Sutton says:
Well I only found these reviews after already placing an order with tvaddicts and looking for information hours later when I discovered their email link didn't work and couldn't find any contact information. It's not been 24 hours since i placed the order with my debit card, is there anything I can do.....?
Thanks for any advice

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2008 9:52:24 AM PDT
Nadia Lahham says:
I order DVDs from TVAddicts.com a MONTH ago and finally received my package yesterday; their website clearly states that it would take 12-15 days to deliver. I tried tracking my package online, it said that the package was refused and being sent back to sender. I called their "representatives" and requested TWO different times that they send me an email stating that they would resend my package in the next week, so that i could have it in writing. I paid almost 80 dollars for a complete season, and received one season; my package was ripped open, my DVD box was broken in half, the CDs were flapping around and looked like someone burned them on their computer and slapped a sticker on them. I called my bank and they are reversing the fee and investigating the charge. Isn't there a way to report them to the better business bureau?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2008 2:38:36 PM PDT
A. Hart says:
do you have a number that you called to get that refund? i've been waiting for a month for my replacement shipping of dvds and it hasn't come and so i'm going to try and get them to refund it instead of send it but there is no phone number on the tvaddicts website! thanks!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  38
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2007
Latest post:  May 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Tick Vs. Season One
The Tick Vs. Season One by Townsend Coleman (DVD - 2006)
4.5 out of 5 stars (111)