Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Color: Black(1PCS)|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping

on August 4, 2011
In the product picture, this hanger looks strong enough to manage a couple of grocery bags or a purse. Unfortunately, I found that even the weight of a light purse would cause the plastic seat hook to bend and slip off the head rest. Even trying to balance both sides of the hanger with two equally weighted bags, I found that the hook would bend until it slipped off the seat. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2008
This is a great little item for when a purse hook isn't already integrated into your vehicle. I have a 2008 Scion xB, and I was having a lot of issues with where to put my purse. If I sat it on the seat, it'd roll off onto the floorboard. If I put it on the passenger or back floorboard, it would roll around the floor wells and it was a huge effort to find the purse if I or my passenger needed something out of it. When I put it on the center consol, it scratched the finish (EKKKK!!). It was a distraction to my driving to say the least to constantly worry about flying items all over the car if I forgot to zip my purse. Other Toyota vehicles often have a purse hook integrated into the passenger side, so I started looking around for something to add to the car, either modding or just accessorizing. Toyota Japan had a super cool suit hanger/purse hook you could attach to the backside of the pass. headrest, but it was $60-80, hard to order and almost a little large for what I was looking for. I found a few other purse/car hanger hooks on the internet, but it seemed like they were too small and wimpy. I needed something a little more heavy duty to put up with my abuse. This particular item fulfills my needs: large hooks for easy on/off of several bags/purses at once, it seems hardy, it's easy to turn to the backside of the headrest if a passenger climbs in the front seat, and no installation. Just hook and go. Since I bought it, I've had no problems with rolling/flying purses and bags, and it's easy to grab anything out of my purse I need. I've gotten compliments on it from several of my friends who love its utility. I'd recommend this for little cars where organizational space is at premium, and I'd recommend it for big trucks and SUVs, where too much interior space is a drawback when reaching for your bag.

The black color is a little stark and boring and cheap looking, so I think I'm going to spray paint it. It'd be great if these were made in different colors normally, either to match upholstery or as something bright in the car.
on October 8, 2012
I was so excited for this product, I bought two. The first one broke immediately as soon as I tried to connect it to my headrest. When I looked at the second one, I notice the problem was the plastic area was way too small to accommodate the metal rod in my headrest. So I bought an S shaped hook, hooked that on my headrest, then attached this item to it. It kept slipping off the S hook. So now I just use the dang S hook for my handbag. Works just as well as this item. I might invest in the metal ones I see on Amazon. I wouldn't recommend this item as the plastic hook is very flimsy, it broke without any pressure when I tried to put it on my headrest.
on August 18, 2008
The downside to plastic grocery bags is that whether you put them on the car seat or on the floor of the car, the groceries have a way of sliding out whenever you step on the brake or make a sharp turn. This handy little gadget solves this problem. It's well worth the $5 (or even the $10 or $11 if you include the shipping charge). I plan to buy a couple more of these to give as little stocking stuffer gifts at Christmas.
on March 27, 2015
doing the job well so far. time will tell if the hot arizona sun will warp the plastic hook. if so i will have to check out competetors who make a metal hook

UPDATE: I have had these hooks for over a year now and am really happy with them! I have recommended them to so many friends! I was skeptical about so much of the product being plastic, but it has held up very well in the Arizona heat. Great product!
review image
on July 6, 2014
Does not fit like picture shown. Great idea that needs a bit of tweaking. I hooked it into the headrest in my car but the strap that allows the hooks to hang down are too short. It won't protrude far enough out to clear the headrest. Just be advised it doesn't work for all cars. It is well made and the hooks are very sturdy. Hopefully I can figure out a way to adapt it so it will work on my Buick Encore.
on March 24, 2009
This product works well for groceries - I purchased two and keep them on two different seats so as to allow more room for the bags. Since there are two hooks on the one piece, if only put one bag on the product, it slants/leans, so i usually put the one bag on both hooks. They're priced well but I do have to say if you could buy 2 for the price I would have rated them 4 stars.
on August 21, 2014
I was all ready to do some serious adaptations to the hook system to get it to work in my car. I liked the way it looked and this was the one I wanted.

It arrived within two days on Amazon Prime. I went straight to my SUV, raised the headrest on the passenger seat, hooked the hanger on, and pushed the headrest all the way down again. I will say the plastic hook is a nice heavy plastic and the hook shape is very tight, not the gap displayed in the image. I also think that pushing the headrest all the way back down helps the hook from bending open.

The hook itself is very sturdy and has not bent open, even with a heavy gym bag with 2 7-pound dumbbells in it being accidentally hung on them.

Keeps my purses off the floor which I am very happy about especially with winter and dirty snow coming up.
on January 19, 2015
These are amazing! I use them in my F-150 behind driver side seat. I've loaded them-up with so much weight I thought, "certainly the plastic will whiten under stress or will break from all this weight." However, it never has. Very high quality material. My wife is so impressed she asked me to get some for her SUV. They're great for grocery bags or shopping bags full of cans or small items you don't want spilling around in your vehicle. They're designed so you can have two of them behind a single car seat. So you could - and I'd recommend this - have 4 hooks behind a seat for extra holding capacity.
on December 1, 2014
May work better for other vehicles but was a bust in mine. The product seems okay, a bit on the cheap side but functional. My car didn't come with any hooks to hang clothes on, so I bought this. Hung it on my head rest and realized that it hung so low the shirts were half on the floor of my car. Perhaps I just have dress clothes that are too long but his seems more suited for shopping bags or small people.