5.0 out of 5 stars Love it
I recived this bag in pink for christmas.I really like this bag and use it 6x a week and have not experienced the ripping problem that some reviewer say they have been having.Nice bag at a nice price.
Published on January 13, 2012 by Cameryn Quinan

1.0 out of 5 stars Gear Bag Disappointment
Published on October 19, 2010 by britoodle

1.0 out of 5 stars Gear Bag Disappointment, October 19, 2010
I liked the size of the bag. Could get all of my swim gear in easily (no swim fins). The exterior pocket was nice feature. The color of the bag was nice also. Unfortunately after using it only 4 times the bag literally started falling apart at the seams. The edges are frayed so I can't even fix it myself. I was not rough with the bag. I was expecting a lot better quality. I would not recommend purchasing this gear bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, crappy material!, March 30, 2011
This review is from: TYR Big Mesh Mummy Gear Bag (Sports)
I requested and received this bag as a Christmas gift. I already have a mesh swim bag but wanted this bag because it had the pocket and the water bottle holder on the front. Similar to another reviewer, all was well for about 2 weeks and then the bag began to fray everywhere. I do take the bag to the pool daily but I'm not rough with it. I've now had the bag just a few days over 3 months and the pocket, which I really like, has frayed so badly that it has almost fallen off. The bottle holder seems to be holding on but it's fraying as well. It's such a shame. This is a great bag but it's made with such cheap material. Maybe Tyr should use rip-stop nylon instead. Other than the crappy material falling apart the bag has been great. It's spacious and holds everything I use at the pool. I gave this bag a rating of 2 stars because in my book, if a product can't last more than 6 months it doesn't deserve anything better.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but quality is in question, March 26, 2011
This review is from: TYR Big Mesh Mummy Gear Bag (Sports)
I bought this at a brick-and-mortar store, but it is the same bag all the same.

Worked great for a few weeks, then the stitching around the top where the straps all meet up, pulled apart of the seam. I would think this would happen, given the material, my school bags were all made of that low-grade nylon fabric, but was bummed that it happened, I really like the bag.

I am going to try a little duct tape on it, before I buy a new one. I think I will buy a new one, eventually, even though this one got messed up in only a few weeks of (daily) use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Material feels cheap, sending it back, April 17, 2013
I purchased this because of the size and the expandable bottom. My Speedo bag, although made extremely well, is too small for all of my gear.

I read the negative reviews, but wanted to see the quality for myself. I should have listened....I am sending it back to Amazon.

I ended up purchasing the netted Cressi Orca Bag on Amazon. It's a snorkel/dive bag, so it' s made with excellent materials. It looks like it will last a lifetime.

It is pretty LARGE, so if you are looking for something small, get the Speedo Deluxe Mesh Equipment Bag. At first, I was hesitant to take the large Cressi bag to my swim practice, but I realized that I can stop taking two bags.

I can get the following very easily in my bag.
Swim parka
Large beach towel
Change of clothes
Kickboard (Finish)
Two sets of fins (Zoomers and regular)
Swim snorkel
Pull buoy
Swim paddles

The front pocket is PERFECT for the small stuff:
2 pair of goggles
Swim caps
Waterproof IPod and headphones
Swim hair protector (spray bottle)
Nose plugs
Lap counter

As you can see, I carry a lot of gear!! So if you are like me and need a big bag to lug to your swim practice, the Cressi bag is a great solution!

But DON'T get this TYR BAG!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 13, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Swim bag that fits a lot of things and well made., June 20, 2012
Update June 21, 2013

We own a total of three TYRBig Mesh Bags have have had them for a while now, at least a couple of years. Still going strong. We carry them for swims, travel to beach, trekking up the hills, etc.

They are very durable and one of the bags is used by our little boy.

For the price I paid, I highly recommend it!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I read some reviews on Amazon about this bag prior to buying, mixture of good and bad, but we really need one that is simple and not too expensive. I gave it a try anyway.

Pleasantly surprise by the quality of this bag and how hand it is for swim practices, etc. I subsequently bought 2 more and another two for a friend.

Have been using this bag for more than 3 months now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag!!, December 15, 2012
This bag is large enough to hold my fins, snorkle, and pull buoy plus it has pockets for my keys. It dries easily and let air flow through it. Very pleased with this bag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small, October 16, 2013
We ended up returning this bag. I love TYR for swim equipment, however, this bag was not even large enough for my son's (narrow) kickboard, let alone the rest of his equipment. The bag itself was nice, just too darn small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep mold away from your swimming gear, July 21, 2013
Great bag for storing all your swimming gear. Kickboard, pull buoy, swim-cap, goggles, lock, and towel fit nicely in this bag. The main pocket is large and the mesh is great for allowing your gear to get the air needed to dry quickly. The small pockets are nice additions for your smaller articles.

Bag arrived in less than a week. Very pleased all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars met my needs, July 21, 2013
This bag was large enough for me to fit all my swim gear. The pocket in front is great for things I want to get to fast.

TYR Big Mesh Mummy Gear Bag