5.0 out of 5 stars Great suit.
I understand why some may find this suit flimsy, but I have been wearing them for years. They are excellent for lap swimmers who want something light. They don't drag at all and have a bit of leg length for those who are beyond racing suits. They hold up well over time, but do fade from chlorine, but who cares?
Published on January 24, 2011 by HS

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible color, thin inner layer
I bought these to replace my excellent pair of aging Speedo swim shorts (which I cannot find for sale anywhere). I am disappointed with the TRY swim shorts. The inner layer is very thin (not the stronger mesh fabric used in the Speedos). The mild royal blue color on the website is VERY different from the actual color, they are almost fluorescent!!
Published on January 27, 2010 by AJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suit., January 24, 2011
This review is from: TYR Sport Men's Swim Short/Resistance Short Swim Suit (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars a little thin; yes!, June 27, 2011
D. Held (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
The following reviews are fairly well on target. These are made of rather light material; but not see-thru. If you have an extreme sense of modesty or wish not to be noticed, it would be a good idea to get a bulkier, larger bathing suit. That being said they are in no way immodest and I'd imagine look good on most bods. It would be hard to believe anyone less than say 140 pounds would need a medium, so think large. They also dry rather fast, a must at the beach or pool when you don't want a clammy suit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great swimsuit, August 13, 2012
Took swimsuit on trip to the beach, and it worked out good. A bit shorter than most others you'll see on the beach, but I expected that... not much different than wearing a pair of running shorts. Reading other reviews that advised to buy the next size up, I purchased a large, but would've preferred the medium (like the sizing chart suggested). I'm a 6'2" 185# runner with 33" waist... the large seemed a bit baggy when I was in the water.

4.0 out of 5 stars from a retired swimmer's perspective, April 13, 2014
Bottom line - Fits well and performs at expectations.

Use:
I competitively swam for 15 years - twice a day, indoor / outdoor, constant smell of chlorine, etc. I'm old now :) - I simply swim to stay somewhat active since running is just not an indigenous activity. Also, like any father, I've packed on a few pounds. I was sick of the dragsuits I was wearing, and saw these while shopping and gave them a try. If you are a lap swimmer with a competitive background and don't care to wear briefs, jammers, traditional dragsuits and the like anymore, I think these are a more modest and great alternative. In addition, they will still allow for a great workout, ie, you won't notice any difference when doing your intervals, IMs, turns, etc.

Feel:
The material is definitely light, it floats a bit. It is very similar to dragsuits in the 90's (before mesh) without the elastic band around the thigh. There is a liner, however, it will not do the trick if you're doing laps. So, if you're a swimmer you'll wear your brief underneath as you always have. For those of you who are not familiar with drag suits, buy a brief (3 or 4" inseam) to wear underneath this suit for some security. You will definitely feel naked if you don't wear something. There's a key pocket on the left side - similar to running shorts - that I don't have a need for But I didn't notice it while swimming. Finally, the elastic on the waste is similar to running shorts in contrast to a "speedo." There is a drawstring, so it is business as usual for lap swimming.

Material:
It's nylon, but again, it's light. I'm guessing it will have average durability. If it lasts the year I'll be happy at this price. With prime I bought significantly below the list price. If not, I'll buy another without much heartache.

Fit:
I'm 6'2", 190 lbs, 34" waist for pants/jeans. I bought a large (rated for 36-38" hip) and it's a great fit. Not too baggy. For other TYR suits, I typically get a 36".

If you're a veteren swimmer, master's swimmmer, or regular lap swimmer looking for alternatives to briefs/jammers/dragsuits, give these a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great swim shorts, August 9, 2012
I now have 2 pairs. These are great value. The color does fade after continuous usage but the shorts do not become see through.

I will be buying the same again in future as they a great alternative to the smaller skin tight speedo style trunks.

5.0 out of 5 stars My underwear in a wetsuit, March 3, 2012
These swim suits are perfect for tropical scuba diving where a lightweight wet suit is needed. The suit does not ball up under the wetsuit and is dry in several minutes after you remove the wetsuit at the end of the dive. I have never been able to find these suits without going on line and the order was filed promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Swim Shorts, April 20, 2012
These are excellent swim shorts. I swim everyday and these are awesome. Yes, they are thin however they are so comfortable. I bought three (red, heavy and light blue). They were delivered quickly to Singapore and the ordering process was very easy. I really like these shorts. they are lined which is really cool and they actually look awesome on me. I'm a competitive swimmer and these are great. Limited drag and great for laps. The navy and light blue ones tend to fade a little after a while, however, I think it makes them look more awesome. My friends comment on how cool they look on and where I got them from. I keep it a secret - ;-) Buy these shorts. you won't be disappointed. These shorts could be worn by all ages and body types. Me - I'm slim and swim everyday. well worth the money, comfort and awesomeness!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great suit, December 18, 2012
ajmart@mac.com (Wenham, MA United States) - See all my reviews
i use it for swimming laps each day. a great suit. I have owned 7-8 of them over the years

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, October 18, 2011
neonleon (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
I purchased these intending to use them as running shorts and swim trunks. They exceeded every expectation: quality, construction, material, fit, cut, style, color, multi-use. Planning to buy more of the same!

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible color, thin inner layer, January 27, 2010