Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Table for Two
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 29, 2012
Bella Violi is an overworked restaurant owner and chef who clashes with a belligerent customer, who just happens to be a famous rock star. Parker Davidson reaches the end of his rope when his blind date causes a disturbance and he makes it worse when the owner Bella asks him to leave. When they unknowingly (drunkenly) end up together it has a way of coming back to haunt them tragically. Can they get past their first meeting and lean on each other?

I honestly wasn't expecting that much from this, as I'm a little wary of the rock-star story-lines. However, this was actually a really good read. I thought it had moments that felt really authentic and genuine. I loved Bella, I thought she was a very well rounded and engaging character. Parker was a little inconsistent for me, and I had to fight against my first impression of him because who he is in the beginning doesn't always match up to who is for the rest of the book. I understand that he's an evolving character, but it didn't always feel completely natural. Still, it's a minor complaint and it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the book.

The author did a great job with this; it's paced well and takes place over what feels like several months. Even still, I did feel that the ending was rushed. However, I did like that this skips over a lot of other romance banalities like misunderstandings and jealous shrew exes, as it didn't need any of that. This is a great story and I'd happily recommend it for a quick, simple, little read.
on October 17, 2012
May Contain Spoilers

I tried two times to like this book and it just did not happen. It was as if I were reading a really bad Harlequin crammed with every single romance cliche known to man. I kept turning the page, not because it was an enthralling read, but to see what else the author tried to fit in the book.

I read to location 1377 (or 58%) on my Kindle, and in that time our rock star hero and our chef threw a "Do you know who I am tantrum", had a bad meeting with our chef heroine, threw another tantrum (same as before), got drunk, had sex with a nameless girl (who turns out to be our chef heroine who never goes out but the gay best friend convinced her to live it up a little bit which was seconded by the male best friend who wants to be more than friends), gets her (our now named girl/heroine chef) pregnant, denies the paternity, changes his mind, they get along, and then she loses said baby.

Think I'm exhausted typing all that, imagine how I felt reading it. By this point, I can't stand it anymore and toss my Kindle aside in disgust (I own a cheap Kindle instead of a PW for this reason). I like romance tropes, I really do. They're tropes for the very fact they are a successful standard. I don't like, however, when too many are used in one book. It devalues the piece and make it seem like the author is trying to write what they think we want to read in romance instead of writing a good story.
on October 16, 2012
I read a lot of books each month as there is nothing more relaxing than an excellent story that pulls you in and leads you on a merry chase of emotions. This book is not that. I hesitate to leave one star reviews, but since there are very few books that I can't finish, when I come across one that I couldn't bring myself to pick back up, I know it is bad as I will read most anything.

The writing is subpar, and the story just doesn't flow at all. The transitions are so ambiguous that you don't know what location they are at, which day it is, what is happening. For example, they are busy hating each other in one sentence but in the next you realize they are dancing together. What?!! How did we get from here to there was a question I was asking myself way to frequently, so finally I stopped trying to figure it out and just deleted the book.
on October 2, 2012
This was a nice book to read when there was nothing to do. Two people who are total opposite meet up in a one night stand that has some consequences and than something tragic. These two people who hate each other in the beginning found that leaning on each other as friends developed more into love and neither was looking for love. There was sexual tension, the behind the scenes of both a high class restaurant and the life of a rock and roll star all which catch my interest. I would highly recommend if you are looking for a good love story where the couple certainly doesn't love each other in the beginning.
on December 30, 2012
First book I have read by this author and it won't be my last. I opened the book just to read the first page to see if it held my interest, and couldn't put the book down. It's a story about Issabella, who owns a popular new restaurant and Parker a famous rock star. They meet when Parker comes into the restaurant for dinner and explodes in anger when he asked to move to another table.
on November 4, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but I was pleasantly surprised with the story line. I was satisfied with how the relationship between Bella and Parker developed and was glad that there wasn't a ton of angst between them. The ending wrapped everything up nicely as well.
on January 1, 2013
I got this because it sounded like it would be a fun read. I almost quit reading halfway through but pushed on to the end hoping it would get better or that there would be some interesting twist, drama, anything to give the characters and story some life. I should not have continued. I thought Sasha and Bunny were more interesting than Bella and Parker.
on October 13, 2012
Isabella was the owner of TigerLily, a growing restaurant. Parker was a rock star. It was an easy read. Fast pace. Got all the elements it needed for romance. Nothing too deep or too conflicted.
I just hope someone could have prove read it again though.
on October 23, 2012
Great read with a good love story with a strong female lead and a hunky rocker. Story could be continued but it leaves you not having to read an additional story if there is one. I liked the book and would recommend it to fellow readers.
on November 14, 2012
The premise of the story sounds promising, but lacks drama.

Spoilers:

Bella is a by-the-book, predicable, chef. A couple friends invite her to a club after she has an intense scene with a customer in her restaurant. She dances with a guy and eventually he goes home with her. In the morning they realize who each other is (she, the chef who kicks out and humiliates a customer, Parker). A month later she gets realizes she's pregnant and confronts Parker who demands a paternity test.

She goes to work and a calamity happens that shakes them both up. He invites her to go on tour with him for a week or two, which she agrees to. And that pretty much sums up the book.

For 85% of the book, they are going back and forth on whether they love each other. They spend all this time together, no arguments, no misunderstandings, just "Do I love him/her?" It's really boring because it is just page after page of them defining their feelings for each other. There was hardly a climax and the falling action lasted forever and was boring. I usually finish a book quickly, but it was so frustrating that I had to take a few breaks. I just wanted to scream, "Tell her you love her and end this already!"

I would only recommend this because it was free.