Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on May 19, 2012
Show is completely amazing. Honestly the best thing on tv today. Phil and Cameron are my favorites, but that is not saying the rest of the cast isn't brilliant because they most definitely are. Very very well written show. Not one episode is a disappointment. Hope there are many more seasons to come.
i first learned about this series when it won the emmy for best sitcom in its first season. it has been a big emmy winner ever since. if you are new to this show, it involves an extended family living in LA and their adventures in coping with modern life. it is laugh out loud funny. the escapades they get into on a weekly basis are something that are so everyday but played for maximum hilarity. a big winner often cannot keep up quality from season to season but this show is the exception. the third season is every bit as good as the first. when i first started out watching, the gay couple made up my favorite characters. although i still like them a lot, that has now been eclipsed by the very solid performance by ty burrell as phil the realtor married to claire. he won the emmy for his performance last year and fully deserved it. in the season closer to season three we got to see phil react to his daughter's announcement to she was going to live with her boyfriend in an apartment. utter mayhem ensued! i can't recommend this show highly enough and i am sorry i cannot watch it again until fall.

Visit my blog with link given on my profile page here or use this phonetically given URL (livingasseniors dot blogspot dot com). Friday's entry will always be weekend entertainment recs from my 5 star Amazon reviews in film, tv, books and music. These are very heavy on buried treasures and hidden gems. My blogspot is published on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
on November 19, 2011
This show is hilariously funny. We couldn't stop watching. We missed the first two seasons and caught up by buying the DVDs. Our kids suggested the show to us. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a sitcom. The family is just dysfunctional enough to funny, but not so much as to be condescending and they, in a comical way, broach a lot of controversial subjects. We're going to watch them all again and we hardly ever watch reruns of TV shows until about 10 years time has gone by.
on July 28, 2012
I have been a HUGE Modern Family fan since its beginning in 2009. It never fails to deliver gut-aching laughs on a weekly basis. All of the characters are relatable and are extremely well acted by a SUPERB cast. I have introduced dozens of people to this show and it is now many of my friends favorite. When introducing the show, I usually start off by saying a standout on the show is Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphey but then I also add that Eric Stonestreet is amazing as Cam. Then I must add that, oh, Julie Bowen plays a perfect crazy mom, Claire Dunphy and Sofia Vergara plays an amazingly extravagant and always hilarious Gloria. My friends usually end up saying "So basically what you're saying is that the whole cast is amazing?" And my answer is always yes. And that's what makes this show so perfect. I totally believe every single actor is the character they are portraying.

The other thing that makes this show the best show on television is the writing. The writing is what wins this show its Outstanding Comedy Emmy every year. The writing is smart, witty, outrageous and perfect. It enters about 10 episodes a year to the Emmy's for consideration in the Writing for a Comedy Series category and won its first two years. This year, the third year, it was snubbed in the category, most likely because there were split votes between separate MF episodes.

I can't explain how much this show means to me. Whenever I need to have my spirits lifted, I simply put in my Disc Two of Season Two and watch "Caught in the Act", my favorite episode and the episode that won Steve Levitan his second Emmy for Writing of a Comedy Series.

I believe EVERYONE should watch and enjoy this show as much as I do. Season 3 is exceptional and sure to take home the big Emmy once again. I can't wait for September because with it comes my birthday, the season 4 premiere of MF and the release of the Season 3 DVD! All always highlights in my September!
on September 24, 2012
I love the Dunphy/Pritchett family. Where else could you find a non-traditional, blended family that is filled with such joy and laughter? Mind you, this extended family has its issues but they stand as one united family when times are tough. MODERN FAMILY is one of the best, if not the best, comedy on TV. Season 3 did not disappoint. Jay is the patriach of the family and is remarried to a much younger sexy, saucy Colombian wife Gloria are raising her son Manny. Gloria is actually slightly younger than Jay's daughter Claire. Claire and Phil are a married couple with the "traditional" family - two daughters and a son. Claire's brother Mitchell lives with his gay partner Cam and their adopted Vietnamese daughter Lilly. Hence, we have the modern family - a blended mix of cultures and non-traditional families together as one big, loving family.
The show is incredibly well-written and the cast is a pure delight. They all live near to each other so the lives of parents and children and cousins constantly merge. Gloria with her feisty Latina temper and heavy accent brings a special love and joy to the family. Goofy Phil Dunphy is the kind of silly but loving father that we all wish we had had. Gloria's son Manny is the glue that binds everyone together. This 13 year old is wiser and more mature than any of the adults. The show does play on stereotypes at times--the fiery latina and the effeminate gay men, yet somehow it is all done in good fun and respectable good taste. There is no meanness to the humor. Just sit back and roar with the laughter. There is a particularly finally episode of the family spending the day at the Disneyland Resort. Don't miss this season!
on January 17, 2015
Usually, my reviews tend to be more verbose than others here on Amazon. I really like to explain why I liked or disliked a certain product or service. In the case of Season Three of "Modern Family", however, I am going to keep it short and sweet.

In a nutshell, I loved this season because it is still hilariously funny. While shot in a formula akin to "The Office" (looks to the camera, individual interviews, etc.), Modern Family doesn't even have the character development of those early "Office" seasons to bolster itself. Instead, it does it on straight comedy. The characters do basically the same things that they have been doing the past two seasons, but they are still just as funny as ever!

Obviously, there is some character development that keeps the show from being completely stagnant, but it really is very little. The show is still centered on the three main families and their crazy antics.

Thus, because dissecting comedy is the simplest and surest way to ruin it, that's about all I have to say about the third season of Modern Family. It's still funny...and that is the highest compliment I can give it. I can't wait for the next season to arrive in my mailbox!
on February 24, 2012
This is by far the absolute best tv series you can watch. The writers really work at their craft. Instead of "in your face" vulgarity and gutter talk, they put thought into the script resulting in a very engaging dialogue. Great comedic actors and great script. a win-win comedy!
on May 5, 2014
Modern Family: Season 3 [Blu-ray] (2011). Great show, great season. Although there may be a dud episode (rare) or two weaker ones, I am still very much enjoying this show into the third season. This is a good investment because I know my family will re-watch the discs and make it worth the money to have it in-house. But the Blu-ray formatting and menu Drive Me Crazy--just like with previous seson! I don't know about the DVD, but the Blu-ray takes Forever (relatively) to load, even when its already in the player. I can usually just hit Play and my Blu-ray player will just power on start up where it left off, but with Modern Family, I can't tell for a couple of minutes if anything is happening, then I have to go back through the menu and maybe the FBI stuff again and...Arrrgh! We may end up watching it a lot less because of these delays when we are just trying to get in a quick 22 minute show.
on August 29, 2012
This show is the most hilarious sitcom I have ever seen. My husband and I laugh so hard everytime we watch an episode. When I have a bad day at work - I, like others, watch an episode of this so I can laugh. Always works. I love Cam and Mitchell and really all the cast are Super Duper Funny! I can't wait to buy Season 3 and watch Season 4.
on January 20, 2013
I never watched this program until the end of season 3. Everyone seemed to be talking about it, but I just never made the time to view it. I picked up the first 2 seasons for a great price so sat down one lazy weekend and was hooked from the first episode! I actually finished both seasons over the weekend (I did mention it was a "lazy" weekend) and couldn't wait to add season 3 to my collection. I wasn't sorry...this series has great writing and acting talent, and I am so happy they do not add that annoying laugh track. You won't want to have simply one season, you will wan them all!