Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on March 22, 2011
When I bought this keyboard, I knew I was getting a generic Apple knock-off, that wasn't as high-quality as a genuine Apple product. It was also a lot cheaper.

And that's just what I needed. I specifically bought this keyboard so I could type on my iPhone while I'm in the car. I needed one that was just the bare basics -- as small as it could be while still standard-spaced keys. I also didn't want to pay too much, since I'd only use it every so often when we go on road-trips. I have a Rocketfish Bluetooth keyboard which I do most of my heavy-duty typing on, though it's a bit of a beast as far as size goes, so having something this portable is awesome.

Pros:

-- Slim, Sleek design -- exactly as pictured, nice and concise.
-- Quiet keys indeed -- almost exactly like my ASUS laptop keys. Quiet and smooth.
-- Long battery life -- haven't tested it yet, but the seller reports 3 months continuous use.
-- Relatively solid construction -- it doesn't feel flimsy, at all. Definitely not aluminum, but it's not like I'm going to be storing my jewelry in it or riding it down the street.
-- Price -- Half as much -shipped- as the Apple keyboard's -list price-.
-- Functional Hot Keys! -- They definitely work! Though, I can't quite figure out what the flower is supposed to do... So perhaps that one doesn't work -- it just makes the screen go black.

Cons:

-- All plastic -- Unlike the Apple keyboard, there's no anodized aluminum frame here.
-- Unfunctional Hot key? -- the aforementioned flower... maybe it's an iPad thing.
-- Connect button -- It's a bit hard to press, and if I didn't have long nails, I think I'd have to get something to push it with.
-- Bit slow -- There is a slight delay between 'waking' the keyboard and it typing again, and it seems to go to sleep after not too long. However, this may be an iPhone software sort of thing, rather than specific to the keyboard.

Overall:
It's always important to do your research. Are you getting an Apple-quality keyboard for $30? No. But, you are getting a tidy little keyboard, that looks very sleek, types very smooth, and didn't break the bank. As long as you don't go dropping it, the plastic construction isn't going to be a problem. And hey, if you do? You can probably get another one, and still come out cheaper than the Apple. X) We'll see how long the silver paint lasts, though...

On the flip side, if you're going for longevity, power use, dedicated desktop keyboard, etc... it's probably best to make the investment.

Hopefully, this helped you be a little more informed so, like me, you can find exactly what you were looking for. X) <3
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 26, 2012
I recently purchased this keyboard in hopes of using it with my first generation iPad. I didn't feel like spending $60 for another Bluetooth Keyboard (my girlfriend has the official Apple keyboard). This keyboard is a decent enough alternative to the high priced Apple keyboard but does have a few hickups.

Firstly the keyboard is not made out of the junk most reviewers would lead you to believe. Sure it's made out of plastic but it's just as sturdy as the original. It doesn't have a brushed metal top but is made from relatively sturdy plastics all the same. I had the mistaken impression that the keyboard would be filmsy: it's not. I have absolutely no qualms with the construction of the keyboard: you're actually getting a seemingly well made keyboard for $16.

Also other reviews point to buttons that don't work. This is misleading. The original Apple Bluetooth was designed for desktop Macs as well as iPads therefore some of those keyboard functions don't work: this keyboard's functions work well and solely for the iPad. The keyboard, while it does work for other Bluetooth devices, caters to iPads for all generations (I've tested this on my iPad and my girlfriend's brand new iPad).

Past reviewers state how the "connect" button in the back is hard to push in. It's not. It isn't really "depressed" which leaves it easy to tap. The "on/off" switch behind it is as easy to activate as turning the keyboad over and sliding it to the side. Also note that I'v never needed to actually hit the "connect" button. The keyboard's Bluetooth capabilities function well: pairing is always automatic in every device I've used with the keyboard.

My biggest complaint is that if you type fast - I type over 100 wpm - you'll notice a slight lag. This lag, although slight, is extremely annoying. You may find yourself hitting backspace a lot to go back and ensure an extra character is where you need it. This flaw may make you want to stay clear of the keyboard but other more forgiving reviewers may accept this as a neccessary evil ($16 compared to $60? I'm still debating whether it's worth it).

Look. You're paying for a knockoff. The "on/off" switch is in the back, white on white, there's a notable lag when typing fast and for those that like the cool feel of metal, there's none of that. But if you need a cheap Bluetooth keyboard that works and won't let you down, pick this up. 3/5 -- all lag, no complaints other than that -- if you're like me you'll probably keep it but rate it the same for the exact same reason.

Note: I'm not "vertified" as having purchased the product because I used my family account to do so.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,365 of 1,424 people found the following review helpful
on November 7, 2011
NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH ANY KINDLE PRODUCT AS FAR AS I KNOW - PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT KINDLES OR KINDLE FIRES AS I DO NOT OWN ONE. THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THIS KEYBOARD COVER WITH A COBY KYROS - I DO NOT OWN OTHER E-READERS AND CANNOT OFFER ADVICE ON THOSE PRODUCTS!

I bought this after reading many reviews on here and noting that many people said it worked with Coby Kyros. Shipping was FAST! I got it in 4 days with two of them being weekend days. The case is nice and sturdy, great hardcover protection. I was aware it came with the keyboard and plug, and that I would have to use my adapter that came with my Coby Kyros, but it was a pleasant surprise to find a stylus was also included and that there is a nice holder for that and for the cord that holds the plug for the keyboard.

Many people have mentioned this case does not fit their 7-inch tablets, but there is a VERY EASY fix. Before placing your tablet into the 3 prongs, first bend the prongs downward (toward the case backing) a little further than they are currently seated. I did this and my 7-inch Kyros (which originally just slipped right in) now fits snugly in the 3 holders. I even held it over my bed and vigorously shook the case up and down while it was open and my tablet never fell out or even slipped at all. It's much easier and less "messy" than one other reviewer's suggestion of using Velcro - and much easier to get the tablet in and out this way.

Finally, when I first connected my adapter that came with my tablet to the keyboard adapter I was very disappointed that nothing happened. I tried several different browser pages, mashed all the buttons on the keyboard, clicked on the Function key and snooze button twice in case it was in sleep mode, etc. but nothing happened. I finally kept reading reviews on here and noticed on about page 3 or 4 that someone mentioned they changed their USB settings and their keyboard finally started working. So, I immediately went to my Settings, Advanced Settings, and then USB BUS MODE and changed it from DEVICE mode to HOST mode and VOILA - the keyboard immediately started functioning. Not only that, but I can have it connected or not connected and both the external keyboard and my device keyboard still function normally. For anyone that hooks it up to their tablet and thinks it is not actually working - please try this and it might save you the time and hassle of sending it back to the manufacturer.

I have so far been able to browse faster, type more quickly and get through many more screens faster using this keyboard and cover than I was ever able to do with my fingers and stylus with the tablet and device keyboard in the past. I am going to LOVE this purchase!!
126126 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 18, 2011
I ordered this to use when doing email on my IPAD. I am not big on the touch screen keyboard for email. I selected this based on some other customer reviews after I had ordered and tried 2 different flexible keyboards I thought would be great that I was not satisfied with. This keyboard has all the apple function keys, and works flawlessly so far (2 months). It works every time you turn it back on- sync's automatically every time. I also just had chance to compare it to the actual Apple version, and this one looks almost exactly the same. The Apple keyboard has a real metal surface, and I cooler battery housing molded into the design, but it is also over 2 times the cost. The keys are exactly the same.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 21, 2012
For those who can't get their keyboard recognized by their tablet, this person's review also fixed my problem. Quoted below..... and the first thing you need is a usb to mini usb converter (check your connection type), which I ordered on Amazon for only $1.35.

"When I first connected my adapter that came with my tablet to the keyboard adapter I was very disappointed that nothing happened. I tried several different browser pages, but nothing happened. I read reviews on here and noticed on about that someone mentioned they changed their USB settings and their keyboard finally started working. So, I immediately went to my Settings, Advanced Settings, and then USB BUS MODE and changed it from DEVICE mode to HOST mode and VOILA - the keyboard immediately started functioning. Not only that, but I can have it connected or not connected and both the external keyboard and my device keyboard still function normally. For anyone that hooks it up to their tablet and thinks it is not actually working - please try this and it might save you the time and hassle of sending it back to the manufacturer."

1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 20, 2011
The keyboard is really good so I was HUGELY disappointed when I found out it is incompatible with my Kindle Fire! The keys are wide and I can use my big old gorilla knuckle-draggers on it with no problem. The stylus is garbage but the case looks good for a faux leather. Where am I going to find a compatible keyboard for the FIRE?..... I recommend this product for the tablets it is compatible with. For the price there is none better!
3737 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 1, 2012
Its really hard for me to rate this item but I will give the seller kudos for a quick delivery. I was really looking forward to recieving this. Once it arrived I immediatly found out that without a USB connecton kit this would not attatch to my 7" tablet. So had to order a USB connection kit. Once it arrived and I got it and the keyboard all hooked up to my tablet, it would not work. Nor would any setting options that came with my tablet ALLOW me to connect this keyboard. What the Product Description does not tell you is that this does not work with the Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet. It took my looking through several sellers' sites until I found one that states in the header: Tabletpc Epad Apad MID Laptop Notebook Usb2.0 Stylus Stand, to understand that it was not designed for ALL 7" TABLETS. Of course I did not find this info out until after I purchased mine. I have not tried to send it back due to the cost to return.. I look at it I am just out the money. Fortunatly I can still use the USB connecter so I am not out that money too.

Needless to say I had to give this a 1 star rating as it doesnt work with my tablet. Hope this helps any future 7" Galaxy owners the cost, time, and inconvienience.
9797 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 20, 2011
I'm sooo happy with this item no problems at all, my Android Tablet looks like a laptop, this is a very nice product I bought 2 of this one for my tablet and the other one for my wife's Pandigital both are working perfect and very convenience instead of carrying my 15" laptop everywhere with me. :)
2727 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 28, 2011
When I ordered this case, I expected the bare minimum. What I got was a very decent quality accessory for my tablet PC. The keyboard uses a USB port and worked well. I even plugged it into my laptop and desktop USB ports and it worked as an auxiliary keyboard on them too. When you prop it up with the little stand, it looks like a mini laptop pc. I think all tablet pcs should have one.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 14, 2011
This keyboard will do. It works, it's lightweight, it's easy to set up and it looks good. The downside of this keyboard is that it is really thin plastic which doesn't seem too sturdy. I love the fact that it has a rechargeable battery instead of replaceable AAA's. I realize that some of the blue "fn" buttons at the top do absolutely nothing and that half of the other ones do the function of the button next to them instead of the one they are supposed to. (The letters/ numbers and all the basic "normal" keys work just fine :) ) I find this humorous and it's fine for me since I won't be using them all that often anyways. The buttons work nicely and don't "stick" like some keys can. I would have given this product 5 stars if it was a little sturdier and if the buttons completed the action they are assigned to. Overall, worth getting this one istead of spending $70 on a genuine apple one.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...