5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent computer table for travelers
If you travel and you have a notebook computer, you need this table. It truly weighs only 3 pounds. I couldn't believe the small size of the package when it arrived. But don't let the size of the package fool you. The top expands to hold not only a notebook computer but also provides ample space for a mouse, if you use one.

The legs telescope down and fit...
Published on January 6, 2005 by J.Z.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but poor quality
Published on November 27, 2007 by James Gentry

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent computer table for travelers, January 6, 2005
This review is from: Tabletote - Portable Compact Lightweight Laptop Notebook Stand (Office Product)

The legs telescope down and fit into the underside of the table. When the legs are opened, they twist securely to whatever height you need. When traveling, that's important, since hotel chairs come in various heights. You'll be able to adjust this little table to whichever height is most comfortable for you to work.

There is also a document holder included. It's not fancy, but it does the job. The document holder comes apart and stores underneath the table, along with the legs. There's a spongy place there to store the document holder.

This table is so small when the legs are stored underneath, that you can easily store it in a briefcase or whatever case you use to carry your notebook computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but poor quality, November 27, 2007
I used this for the first time in the courtroom for a trial where I wanted to put both the laptop and LCD projector on the table. One of the legs broke when I pulled it out. After I managed to set it up, it was so, unstable I ended up using a table I found in the courtroom. The table is plastic and cheap. You get what you pay for. The only good thing I can say is that the design is good, if only they could make it a better quality, even though it might add some weight to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, with a few pros and cons, March 16, 2011
I wanted to buy this product since I do a lot of traveling.

I love practicality of any design / product, more than its looks for that matter.

Let me jump into the pros and cons that I noticed about this.

Pros: 1) Small and light. Fits into the laptop bag (Not all laptop bags since it is 1+ inches thick, like the old fat laptops of yesteryears)
2) Telescopic legs, easy mechanism to adjust the height (this is a drawback here too).
3) Quite sturdy to keep a laptop, a cup of coffee and hang a piece of paper for reference.

Cons: 1) The legs could have been telescopic yet foldable in a way that it is already attached at one end to the table. As of now, everyone around you will watch as you take out each of the legs, extend the length and fit it one by one.
2) The table top extender (which is also the slidable cover for the legs storage area, has two notches that can break due to frequent use (since the plastic is a bit brittle and hard) Gotta be careful when sliding them in.
3) There are binder clips and a note hanger that is hidden in the foam area in the legs storage space. These tend to fall off if you leave them there, being not in a mood to use them.
4) The table tote is not sturdy if the legs are extended all the way to its max length. It seems to wobble a little.
5) 40 dollars seems a bit pricey and it is in my opinion that more buyers would have sought this if it was between 20 and 30.

Note: It is better to balance the height of the legs first and then fit them in. I found this to be easier than fitting them one by one and adjusting the height.

Overall: This is a nice solution, great for travel, if you would want to avoid yourself from lapping a heated laptop and relax while this table tote does the trick for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop Travel Powerhouse!, December 18, 2005
This is an amazing laptop desk. I've used many laptop stands and tables, however I've never found one that does what this one does. The adjustable legs allow me not only to use my laptop on the road, but in bed as well. At the shortest setting the table becomes the perfect height for computing in bed. My laptop has found a life long mate. Kudos TableTote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite "Must Have" for Travelors with laptops!, February 4, 2004
D. Boid (Atlanta, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This product is a "must have" for people who travel and work on their laptops. Even if you have access to airline "Club" rooms at airports, most often, the cubes are all taken...TableTote to the rescue! I work a lot of trade shows, and it comes in very handy as an extra surface for handouts or as another display table. It has also been a blessing when arriving for a presentation and there is no convenient place for the projector. Works like a champ!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Customer Service and Quality, March 11, 2008
After reading all the good review about this product, I ordered it. Unfortunately it did not suite my needs and when I tried to set up, one of the leg got struck up. I wanted to return this product and whenever I called the customer service number provided in the Seller's web site, it always went to the message box. They never returned the call at all. I wasted my money and this product became useless. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this product to any one. Poor quality and Poor customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give no star I would., March 22, 2010
Wow, this company actually has the nerve to charge 40 dollars + for a piece of junk. And to make matters worse, one of the cheap aluminum legs came slightly bent. Also, some plastic part that's supposed to be attached to the leg came right off, making it impossible to tighten. How do people get away with selling junk like this? And why is everyone giving this a great review, I really wonder how that's possible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible! Barely stands up!, February 13, 2010
This is a horrible, unsturdy peice. Once assembled- it was so wobbly, I didn't even place a book on it! I thought I put it together wrong, but I didn't. I should've listened to the other reviews- but I thought "how bad could it be- everyone else was being dramatic"... It's horrible- don't buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, November 29, 2008
Sturdy enough for my projector. Compact enough for the road. Just don't bump it. I'll keep it short and sweet. This table will work in a pinch. Not the most sturdy table in the world, so if you can keep people away from the table and you keep your feet away from the legs, you'll be okay. Don't overtighten the leg extensions. It came with a mousepad which I'll never use. There is a "document holder" comprised of an antenna extension (like on a portable radio) which you attach a spring clip to which the document is held. Not meant for large docs. For what I was looking for, this table did what it was supposed to do. If you are looking for super sturdy, look elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Design, April 2, 2011
Pros: This is a nice, basic laptop table with no frills. The surface is smooth and accommodates my 15.4 laptop. With the legs inserted properly and tightened the table is sturdy enough.

CONS: This is not a table that lends itself to frequent set-up and take-down. I use my laptop for DJ type work and set up my equipment in a different location several nights a week. I need a laptop table that is quick, easy and sturdy. The Table Tote presents some problems for me. The cover/extension has to be fitted into slots to complete the working surface. There is a small plastic piece on each side that fits into slots running the length of the table.
They are easily mis-fitted and a second try is often times required. After getting the top properly notched into the long slots you have to put equal pressure on each side as you slide the top to a desired spot. It can jam quite easily. I can predict that the very small pieces that fit into the slots will break off at some point making the top/cover just about useless. It might be a minor thing, but the top of the table has no mouse pad. This table seems very basic for the price.

Rate and Discover Movies