on July 19, 2013
If you are like me, you may be looking for the little condensate drain tablets that will fit into the automatic dispenser on your condensate drain pump on your air conditioner line. After having my condenser unit replaced a couple of years ago, I was given a bag of little tabs to place into the removable pump treatment tray. I think my pump is a Diversitech, or similar, and it has no instructions for the consumer to locate these tablets for treatment nor any specifications. A call to my A/C folks didn't do any good. They said something about using pool chlorine tabs, which might work, but they are far too large to fit the pump tray.

In searching I found that no one describes these tablets well, and they simply say to place them into the condensate pan of the A/C unit. I needed them for my pump tray. Well, I ordered these (Pro-Treat 161 tablets) and they are the correct fit for the condensate pump tray. If that is what you are searching for, you have found them! I have just started using them so I do not know how well these work, but my previous tabs (I am sure they were a different brand) went in two at a time about once a week with heavy use, one once a week or so in lighter conditions. I sometimes went perhaps two weeks in the winter (no A/C usage). Our house has a very long drain line since the condenser is in a downstairs closet in the center of the house. I have not had an overflow since getting the pump and using these type tablets.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on January 26, 2010
Verified Purchase
Found out the hard way what happens when you don't keep the drain clean on the evaporator pan. Since it is in the ceiling over my bed, it was an awakening experience. These little pills used twice a year have made all the difference. I just take the side off the box, throw in a half dozen, and thats it. Good stuff, but it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again