5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and well made... great boots!
Published on September 15, 2010 by Texas

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great
Published on February 10, 2012 by M. Butler

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great, February 10, 2012
I just got these boots and took them on a 6 mile /36 lb pack hike. The actual foot bed was quite comfortable and didn't exacerbate an existing blister. That's the good news. The bad part was the heel - there is a big seam right where your heel rests. I noticed it the first time I put them on but thought maybe it would go away. Not so. After 4.5 miles it was rubbing my heels raw and I have never had problems with heel blisters. I don't know why they would put a seam there but it's too late now, I'm not giving them another chance to destroy my heels.

2.0 out of 5 stars took these on a deployment, September 15, 2011
I give the comfort 5 stars, however the stitching on the boots starting falling apart the first week. about 2 months after wearing them, the leather ripped off the boots on the sides, front..every where..i looked like a hobo. if you're a grunt in the marines..don't buy this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and well made... great boots!, September 15, 2010
I haven't owned them for very long so can't say much about the extended life of these boots, however I can say that they are very well made boots and extremely comfortable. Have not had the chance to use them hiking, paintballing or camping yet but even just during normal wear they have never hurt my feet, nor started to cause blisters. Thats saying something considering they are not even broken in yet and about a half size to large for me. Wish I had got a half size smaller. Maybe there sizing is a little on the large side as most my shoes are size 8.5 to 9... these are 8.5 and feel a bit big.

Looking forward to getting some good use out of these boots. ; )

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't last, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Tactical Research TR303 Desert Tan Kiowa (Apparel)
These boots are comfortable enough, having worn them on multi-day military operations. However they simply don't last. The stitching started coming undone within weeks all over, both boots. A friend had the same boots, same problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tactical Research Desert Boot, June 20, 2011
I have been serving for 24 years, and these are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. My shoe size is 7.5W. I ordered a 7.5W and it fits perfect. I have ran a 5k run and completed multiple forced marches with 45lb rucksack. I have not been out on the Afghanistan terrain yet, so I can't say how they will handle it. I do plan on ordering another pair before they stop making them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good boot for the money, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Tactical Research TR303 Desert Tan Kiowa (Apparel)
I waited a solid 6 months after purchase prior to writing this review just so I could give an accurate account. This has been an all-around good, not great, boot. I purchased them in Afghanistan, wore them for 3 months while deployed and continued to wear them on a daily basis after returning to the states. They are lightweight, comfortable and after 6 months, they do not appear to be showing excessive wear. The stitching has not come undone as many "aftermarket" boots tend to do after a few months of wear.
They do get dirty quicker than the military issue boots and a small amount of water will cause them to change to a darker color... good luck getting them cleaned back to new. One of my only real issues with the wearing of these boots is putting them on. The design of the lace holes cause them to be harder than expected to tighten them up. I have tried several different styles of speed laces, but it continues to be a pain to get the initial tight lacing. After putting them on though, they do not loosen up as many boots do. That proves to be extremely valuable if you are doing any time of prolonged walking or ruck marching. They keep your feet warm, but not to the extent that they feel hot during the summer months.
As I stated, all in all, for the money I spent on them, they are a good pair of boots that will last me through my retirement ceremony (9 months from now) I wouldn't buy them again though, based solely on the lacing issue I mentioned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots! That don't last..., October 19, 2010
Great pair of boots! I only have 1 complaint... they laces are too short for the boot. I bought a longer pair and they're G2G!

March 29, 2011: Don't buy these boots!! I'm only 4 months into a deployment and I have went through 4 pairs of boot laces and are falling apart at the heels and toes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable walking around boot, August 17, 2014
Nice sturdy stylish walking around boot. Certianly not a boot to go mountain climbing with or to track through extra rough terrain. They have a wonderful snug comfortable fit. They are good for moderate cold weather and are pretty good at keeping one's foot dry in rain. Unlike many of the newer boots they are easy to lace-up and to un-lace without needing to undo the lace in the first few holes. The only point that is a bit odd, that might take getting use to is the arch is a bit higher than other shoes so it does give a bit of an unexpected bounce to your walk at first. In addition, while they are very comfortable they do seem to wear-out a bit fast and once they do in spite of the comfort I probally will not replace them with same boot while they are still in the $100 range. Perhaps if they got down to $60 or so they would be competitive to a good pair of track shoes for everyday walking around. Also another down point is they are not made in the USA, unlike other good boots.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible boot and even worse customer support from Belleville, November 4, 2014
This review is from: Tactical Research TR303 Desert Tan Kiowa (Apparel)
This is the absolute worst pair of boots I have ever worn while serving over 10+ years in the Army!!! I tried to live with these boots during two weeks of garrison use and they continue to chew up my feet creating hot spots and blisters. The only thing worse than wearing these boots is the horrible customer support from Belleville. Bellville will do nothing unless you pay to send them in for inspection and if they determine a manufacturer defect they'll send you a new pair. That would be fine except for the fact that these boots are poorly designed junk that I would I never want to put on my feet again. Defect or not, these boots are terrible. I'll never buy a pair of Belleville's again based on this and their poor customer service. If you’re in the Army and need quality pair of boots look elsewhere. Danner or Rocky boots have much better alternatives.

4.0 out of 5 stars not 670-1 compliant. dont buy if your going to use for wear in ACU'S, September 29, 2014
Boots are great, comfortable and they hold up, that being said, they are not DA PAM 670-1 in compliance.

Tactical Research TR303 Desert Tan Kiowa