5.0 out of 5 stars A good place to start
Tactics of Hope is a great book for those thinking, "... but what can I do" about the global problems going on. I enjoyed reading the stories of many different people on many different levels -- ordinary people doing extraordinary things in the world. This book is inspirational and helpful for anyone interested in making a change on ANY level. I really liked it.
Published on June 2, 2008 by A. McLane

1.0 out of 5 stars Tactics of Hope
The book never arrived, and I paid for it already. Did you get that...IT NEVER ARRIVED...NEVER ARRIVED.
Published on July 15, 2009 by Wayne Fung

5.0 out of 5 stars A good place to start, June 2, 2008
A. McLane (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tactics of Hope: How Social Entrepreneurs Are Changing Our World (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 2, 2008
Awesome book on social entrepreneurship with inspiring case studies and excellent perspectives for seasoned practitioners in the field of nonprofits/social change as well as those less experienced who are interested in making a difference in the world and looking for some guidance/advice/opportunities. I used selected parts of the book for a workshop I taught at Stanford University and highly recommend "Tactics of Hope".
Gordon Bloom

5.0 out of 5 stars Bill Drayton and Desmond Tutu celebrate The Tactics of Hope, September 17, 2008
"The Tactics of Hope is a practical avenue through which people can connect with people, institutions, and resources, as well as ideas. Wilford's book is a wonderful contribution to the field! It is clear that he knows in a deep way what social entrepreneurship is. "

-- Bill Drayton, Founder, Ashoka

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Desmond Tutu, Nobel Peace Prize laureate, writes of The Tactics of Hope:

"As I travel through my home country of South Africa and around the world, I am awed and humbled by the work that millions of individuals have undertaken to enable those less fortunate to build lives of dignity, security, and hope...the stories of some of these noble individuals and their initiatives are told in these pages...This book is inspiration and guide for those who want to be informed, want to take their first steps, and who truly want to realize the potential we all have to make a difference."

-Desmond Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

5.0 out of 5 stars Being part of the solution, November 17, 2008
I was raised in a family that believed that if we are not part of the solution then we are part of the problem. Yet figuring out how to participate in that solution can sometimes be challenging. Tactics of Hope provides us with these needed suggestions and guideposts as well as support in understanding our gift and then where and how we can bring that gift forward into the world, becoming part of the solution. Wilford Welch reassures us that we really do matter. That as we find our passion and bring it forward, we are in very good company. It is in this context that Welch speaks to the heart of evolving communities around the world. He features stories about others who brought their unique gifts forward in support of that evolution, on a local or global level. Welch's stories of individuals making a difference are uplifting and inspiring. Each story uniquely exemplifies a potential model for governments, corporations, non-profits or individuals in how to move into a dynamically changing world, all becoming parts of the solution. Highest recommendation for all generations as it brings forward the hope so beautifully captured in it's title.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent book!, February 10, 2010
T. Walker (Corvallis, OR) - See all my reviews
Great book with nice stories from social entrepreneurs! Starting to get a bit out of date on the statistics, but messages are all still excellent!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tactics of Hope, July 15, 2009

Tactics of Hope: How Social Entrepreneurs Are Changing Our World
Tactics of Hope: How Social Entrepreneurs Are Changing Our World by Wilford Welch (Hardcover - April 28, 2008)
$24.95 $22.23