Verified Purchase
If you are looking for a quality stationary trainer for your bike, there is simply no company that makes a better in-door machine that Tacx, particularly when you consider the price. The Tacx Sartori Trainer is fairly light weight; it's easy to assemble and gives a solid, stable and smooth mechanism to attach the rear wheel of your bike. The tension adjustment lever is also extremely easy to work with and provides excellent adjustment to modulate the intensity of your work out. As with all stationary trainers using the roll-bar, it is noisy, so do not expect that you will be able to workout in peace and quiet...or in the presence of sleeping children. But so long as you accept that limitation, the Tacx Sartori is simply and incredibly versatile and useful indoor alternative to biking outdoors in nasty or inclimate weather or when you need to do a good ride late at night.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 4, 2012
Robust yet portable & lightweight for racers on the move to warm up on...and for the rest of us amateurs a compact home setup. The more I use it the more I like it.

The Tacx Satori Trainer ticks all boxes for those seeking a quality set up without breaking the bank, esp now with the 40% off.

Easy to set up with the optional parts included for either road bike (27") or mountain bike (26") wheel size. Magnetic action is naturally not as smooth as the hydraulic resistance but personally, this is not an issue nor the fact that it isn't the quietest trainer on the block. However, I wouldn't set it up next to sleeping babies nor spouses.

There is a resistance control peg for mounting on your handle bar with a setting of 1-10. Resistance can be controlled using this peg as well as your gear shifts. Hence the range is ample.

Love that Tacx bundled mine (during a promotion in 2010) with a sample DVD of a European Race Training Route which allows you to cycle in front of the TV or computer for a de facto outdoor experience. There is a wide range of dvds with the different racing/training routes available from Tacx. This option is maxed if you have a Bushido or higher end set up where your bike and the resistance setting is hooked up to a computer which synchronizes your ride resistance with the terrain of the route where your video is playing - for a realistic training experience.

Facilitates your training needs 24/7 and 365 days/year unhampered by weather, rain or snow.

I understand that the Satori was previously a trainer of choice used by some teams on the Tour de France for warm ups. I however am not a professional and am just happy to have a go in front of the telly for short daily spurts.

Comes as a two (sorry, three!) piece set up, the heavy-duty back mount with flywheel, the resistance control switch-peg which comes attached to the flywheel and a lightweight front piece to hold your front wheel in place. Some would place these on a mat and you have the option of purchasing the Tacx mat which I feel is not necessary. One can easily place this on a carpet sample from your local carpet shop or as in my case, nothing at all.

Comes in sky blue as shown or a neutral mid-grey. Mine came bundled with the dvd and travel bag. Compact set up and does not take up a lot of space.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 5, 2012
Verified Purchase
This is my first trainer so I don't have anything to compare it to. That being said, I find the unit very smooth but noisier than I thought it should be with a trainer tire. So I just put my earbuds in and listen to music. The resistance levels will definitely get you sweating in short order. Overall, I happy with my purchase...it's doing what I bought it for.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations