Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tagital® 9" Android 4.2.2 A23 Dual Core Dual Camera Tablet PC Play Store Pre-installed (Enhanced Version of A13)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 6, 2014
Tagital 9 inch is an All Winner Dual Core A23, Cortex A8 at 1.5GHz and is a very good value in price per performance. It has 512 MB RAM and also has a GPU. This runs Android 4.2.2 Android. I will go into the specifications and review based on my user experience. The dimensions are 9.4"x 5.8" x 0.51" and weighs 17.36 oz.

Most of tablets have ARM based processors. This makes sure all of the Apps in Google Play ecosystem available. If you look at my video review, I have screenshots showing the CPU speed and other kernel details. The screen is 800 x 480 Pixels. This supports a wireless with Wi-Fi (802.11 BGN). Tablet has 2 cameras - front and back. This has 8 GB storage and you can use an extensible SD card slot as well as cloud storage. Though not built in, the tablet supports external 3G/WCDMA dongle. Battery came for a good 8 hours with moderate usage. Battery usage really depends on how heavy you use the system. Overnight it drained very less. Mobile Networking was on by default. I switched off as I was using only Wi-Fi mode. I suggest you go to Settings and tweak things which are not required. Developer Mode was enabled by default. I turned it off. The capacitive touch screen was really good, some occasions I had to press little harder and at right locations, but pinch-zoom, highlight, Copy-Paste all worked very well.

It is great the tablet has micro USB Port, 3.5-mm stereo Headphone Jack, built-in speaker, microphone, micro SD card slot and a DC Input Jack. Note that for powering through wall adapter you need to use the provided DC input jack. Speaker was loud enough. In a room, once I keep the tablet in a stand it was good. Speaker is on the backside, so you don't want to lie this down on back as it will hamper the audio coming out. This is a design I hope changes in Android manufacturers in future. Android tablets are really customizable to your heart's content. It is here where Tagital shines. Using a native Android 4.2.2, they have achieved something at a low cost. This can have a very wide reaching audience. In many countries, where affordability is key, having a tablet like this with Wi-Fi is a big boon. Imagine having entire Wikipedia at your fingertips for a child. I tried few educational applications on this. I consider this as a big hit with educators than gamers.

I tried Google Voice Search and asked "what is capital of United States". The voice recognition part was great and it was able to recognize and dictate the answer. I also tried Wolfram Alpha and asked bunch of questions. E.g., what is world population, what is population of China etc? The microphone picked up correctly and answered through Wolfram Alpha. Apps like Calculator, Gmail performed flawlessly. I watched multiple video through few applications. Obvious first choice was YouTube. Was able to search and watch videos. I used TwIT.TV app and watched some segments of a podcast (video streaming through Wi-Fi). Again smooth playback. Handholding is really easy given the weight of it. It was a colorful blue; no heat observed handholding the tablet. It is plastic, and buttons are made of plastic. For a kid, this is perfect also though the feature set is equally appealing to an adult. I was so enamored with low cost computers in late 90s and it seems I am reliving them with tablet. If you want to listen to podcasts/watch video then this is perfect. Just keep it in a stand and connect to power. See my video review to get an idea of what I am referring to.

The keyboard dock makes it very easy to type documents in Google Drive or other note taking apps like Evernote. The USB attached keyboard is rugged and keys are smooth to type. This is an excellent innovation and dual serves as a case + keyboard combo. It also serves as a stand for watching playback videos.

For a computer geek, it is a challenge to design something with minimal resources - screen resolution, RAM, storage, chipset. Tagital has designed a tablet with budget conscious customer in mind. Out of the box, it worked to my satisfaction given the specification and price. Once powered on, it directly came to a working condition. No need to setup account prior to using. I signed with Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi router was in one bedroom. I configured in another room separated by two rooms. There was no issue with Wi-Fi signal. Once connected, I created a Google account as well. I generated a Application Specific password as I had 2 factor authentication. Once signed on, I updated applications like YouTube, Google Keyboard etc. I also downloaded few applications like TwitT.TV, Tetris from EA, etc. I downloaded Chrome and browsed few websites. Listened to Audio / Watched Video. Out of the box battery needed a full charge. Initially without charge, I did a video stream and wanted to see how device shutdown. Sure enough it shut down as battery drained. Powered on after charging and everything was fine.

I have read from AllWinner's press release that A23 chip clocks in at 1.5GHz and delivers unparalleled low power consumption. Allwinner's newly designed ultra-standby mode enables over 60 days of device standby time and an advanced Talking Standby mode for low power voice talk. The A23's high level of integration also makes it an extremely compelling platform choice for OEMs and ODMs. With features like integrated MIPI DSI, the A23 platform requires a market leading less-than-260 components on board, reducing system cost and design complexity for manufacturers. I am impressed enough at the engineering for the price/value/budget it delivers. Cortex-A8 Processor is an ARM Cortex(tm)-A8 processor, based on the ARMv7 architecture, has the ability to scale in speed from 600MHz to greater than 1GHz. The Cortex-A8 processor can meet the requirements for power-optimized mobile devices needing operation in less than 300mW; and performance-optimized consumer applications requiring 2000 Dhrystone MIPS. This is from ARM specification. Tagital has pulled in many off the shelf components and assembled at a terrific value. I was particularly interested how it performs to streaming video. That is the golden test and it performed beautifully!

I was provided this product in exchange of a fair and honest review.
on March 23, 2014
I've been using this tablet for 24 hours and so far, it seems impressive for the price. I paid 79 dollars for this tablet new, so I'm not expecting the same materials or features I'd expect from an iPad, Dell, Samsung, etc. I had no issues connecting to my WPA2 protected wireless network and I got around seven or eight hours of battery life while using WiFi. The unit arrived with a nearly fully charged battery and I was installing apps from the Play Store not long after getting it out of the box. The YouTube app works nicely with good video quality. Google Earth seems to work pretty well, as do Firefox and other applications I normally use on my Android phone. Like the previous video reviewer, I also installed the Google app and it's been able to answer every question I've asked out loud, quickly (so far). The touch screen is responsive and I've had no issues pinching or rotating, etc.

CONS: Like one of the previous reviewers stated, the camera quality is pretty poor. There's also no Bluetooth or GPS. I know this seems minor, but I would have also liked some kind of cover over the Micro SD slot. "online update" does't seem to work, as it just says "checking, please wait".

Overall, if you're looking for a cheap tablet to use around the house, this one seems pretty ideal for the price (so far). I'll update this review in two months and let you know if I run into any issues.
on June 21, 2014
So far this is a nice tablet. I just got this tablet & just got the full charge in the battery. I read some of the other reviews & followed some of the ones that seemed to know what they were talking about & when you have been around computers like I have, you can tell people who know what they are talking about from the one who really just play games or surf the net.

That said, I did the few upgrades & downloads of virus protections. I then connected to my email & everything was working fine. I was really happy. I downloaded Netflix, which the Tablet took with no issues. We had an internet issue with the router and it took a while for the system to re-boot. Not sure if it was on Verizon's end or not, but the Tablet locked up for approx. 3hrs. It would not even shut off. I was finally able to get it to respond but only when the internet came back up. So, I am going to see if this happens again in the morning. I was attempting to see how Netflix worked on it.

I am hoping everything works out as it is a very nice tablet for the money other than that issue. I am not sure if I could have found another one at this size for this price. I seemed to handle everything I did up to attempting Netflix ( which I still thing was the internet freezing).

I will post more after I have a chance to test it more.

06/22/2014--This tablet is being returned due to constant freezing up problems. I will try to have a replacement sent as it may just be a bad unit. Things happen, this one seems to have good reviews.
on May 26, 2014
Arrived on time. I like the 9 inch screen. When it does work it at its best, I am satisfied. I do experience a lot of error messages of either must be connected to internet or no Wi-Fi available. Never had that many with 7 inch tablet. Photo quality is not the greatest. But for the price I would say it is adequate.
on June 1, 2014
I wanted a tablet I could practice on and without paying a hefty price. Bought a table for Mother-she rarely uses it. This was inexpensive..it fits all my needs do far. It's the perfect size screen. It took awhile to get my WiFi working and the rear camera is 2MP not 3MP but I'm not taking photos for National Geographic. I love that I am able to watch a movie - clearly as if watching my television in HD. So far I really like this tablet.
on June 15, 2014
Yes, you can download from the Playstore, that doesn't mean the apps will work. Some apps are gps and/or sensor depenant, of which this tablet doesn't have. It will work for a few things I suppose, but there's good reasons that it costs much less than "name brand" tablets… .just sayin'
on July 29, 2014
I bought this for my 3 year old daughter. The video quality isn't great, but for educational apps and little games, this thing is awesome. Great price, great value, charges fast, great battery life, and is keeping up with a 3 year old. I wouldn't use this for anything more than kids gaming.
on June 5, 2014
my tagital is the most dead tablet i ever bought let just say that its
not what you want cos nothing works on it the screen is so bad you cant typ
on it andthe vol button just keeps coming on buy itsself andwell i could go on but just
dont buy this tablet cos it is what it is junk. what a wast of money and i didnt think Amazon
would let this happen.oh and it freezes up and you got to shut it off to go and try agian.
on July 22, 2014
I am giving this tablet 3 stars because I like the size and overall appearance of the device.
I ended up returning the tablet because it was freezing up multiple times a day and had to be rebooted to remedy the problem. A few other small issues I noticed: 1. the ports were really tight, I felt like I was forcing the plugs in and I was worried about breaking something. 2. The headphones when pushed all the way in made the external speaker get louder than it was without them plugged in, but pulled back just a bit and the headphones worked fine.

The problems I encountered may be isolated and I would buy the tablet again if I knew that I wouldn't have to deal with the freezing, because it worked great as a reader, for audio books, and for game playing (minus the freezing).\
on May 22, 2014
For the money, this tablet is very worthwhile. There was no mention in the instructions about charging and when it was charged the first time, it went to 99% very fast and stayed there. My son started to use it and it dropped 10% very fast and then leveled off. Second charge did go to 100% and everything is fine now, No rapid drop on battery and last quite a while. Nice size screen but as others have mentioned, the quality of the pictures is a little off but this is the only thing I can see that dropped the rating to a 4. Wish they had 4.75 stars