Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 16, 2013
This a great tablet for any who wants a great tablet that handles tasks like reading emails, surfing web, play games, and watch HD videos well. I think this is a great gift for anyone. I many use it for youtube.
on January 7, 2014
This is my first tablet for my 5 year old son and myself. It works just fine for what we want out of it. Internet connection via wifi, games, movies/tv shows via flash drives and expandable storage up to 32 gbs. I can see why those a bit more used to all the bells and whistles wouldn't love it. There is no usb port, just one micro usb port. You CAN use it just the same as you would a normal sized port, but you need an adapter. Very inexpensive fix. Also, there is no bluetooth. If you want a wireless keyboard, (w/o using the on-screen one), you're outta luck. Lastly, the battery life is quite low. This can be fixed by turning wifi off if you're not using the internet. Also, I highly recommend an external battery. Anker sells some on here for great prices! I just bought one for $30, and it'll more than triple the battery life. Which is great for longer car trips, where access to power is a no-go. So, no fancy frills on this tablet, but it definitely works for what I need it for. Also, last night, my tablet wouldn't turn on. I sent an email to the seller. They asked if it was charging. Well, the night prior, it wouldn't via usb, but I hadn't tried the wall mounted charger. It worked, and I sent an email back apologizing for user error. I recommend this tablet if you need a beginner tablet for a kid, OR yourself!!
on November 6, 2013
A good little tablet. I have the blue version of this one.

I use these for my accompaniment playback device when I play the theremin at gigs. I like the media player that comes with android because it actually stops after a given track has played, instead of blundering on to the next like in ios based tablets.

The cameras work ok, but are quite grainy. Good for Skype calls, and quick snaps though.

The tablet seems to work fine on games like Minecraft, and general browsing.

There is one inaccuracy regarding the battery life. On mine, and the others like it I have, I get about an hour, to an hour and a half.

I like that these tablets have USB ports, and micro SD card slots. Makes it easy for me to put all my accompaniment tracks on the tablet. I do recommend you put a bit of sticky tape over the SD card slot just in case you don't quite have the card inserted fully, or it gets ejected by mistake. Those cards are so small. :)

I also like that I can make the system NOT sleep when on the mains. in development options.

I'd get another in a heartbeat.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 7, 2014
Tagital 7 inch is an Allwinner A13 1.2GHz CPU and is a very good value in price per performance. It has 512 MB RAM and also has a GPU. The GPU is a Gaming GPU and helps in Android games. This runs Android 4.2.2 Android. I will go into the specifications and review based on my user experience. The dimensions are 7 x 4.75 x 0.30 in and weigh 9 oz.

Most of tablets have ARM based processors. This makes sure all of the Apps in Google Play ecosystem available. If you look at my video review, I have screenshots showing the CPU speed and other kernel details. The screen is 800 x 480 Pixels. This supports a wireless with Wi-Fi (802.11 BGN). Tablet has 2 cameras - front and back. This has 4 GB storage and you can use an extensible SD card slot (upto 32 GB) as well as cloud storage. Though not built in, the tablet supports external 3G/WCDMA dongle. Interestingly this tablet comes with an OTG cable and has support for USB Extendable (Flash Drives/HDD/External Keyboard/3G). Battery came for a good 6 hours with moderate usage. Battery usage really depends on how heavy you use the system. Overnight it drained very less. Mobile Networking was on by default. I switched off as I was using only Wi-Fi mode. I suggest you go to Settings and tweak things which are not required. Developer Mode was enabled by default. I turned it off. The capacitive touch screen was really good, some occasions I had to press little harder and at right locations, but pinch-zoom, highlight, Copy-Paste all worked very well.

It is great the tablet has micro USB Port, 3.5-mm stereo Headphone Jack, built-in speaker, microphone, micro SD card slot and a DC Input Jack. Note that for powering through wall adapter you need to use the provided DC input jack. Speaker was loud enough. In a room, once I keep the tablet in a stand it was good. Speaker is on the backside, so you don't want to lie this down on back as it will hamper the audio coming out. This is a design I hope changes in Android manufacturers in future.

Android tablets are really customizable to your heart's content. It is here where Tagital shines. Using a native Android 4.2.2, they have achieved something at a low cost. This can have a very wide reaching audience. In many countries, where affordability is key, having a tablet like this with Wi-Fi is a big boon. Imagine having entire Wikipedia at your fingertips for a child. I tried few educational applications on this. I consider this as a big hit with educators than gamers.

I tried Google Voice Search and asked "what is capital of United States". The voice recognition part was great and it was able to recognize and dictate the answer. I also tried Wolfram Alpha and asked bunch of questions. E.g., what is world population, what is population of China etc? The microphone picked up correctly and answered through Wolfram Alpha. Apps like Calculator, Gmail performed flawlessly.

I watched multiple video through few applications. Obvious first choice was YouTube. Was able to search and watch videos. I used TwIT.TV app and watched some segments of a podcast (video streaming through Wi-Fi). Again smooth playback. Handholding is really easy given the weight of it. It was a colorful blue; no heat observed handholding the tablet. It is plastic, and buttons are made of plastic. For a kid, this is perfect also though the feature set is equally appealing to an adult. I was so enamored with low cost computers in late 90s and it seems I am reliving them with tablet. If you want to listen to podcasts/watch video then this is perfect. Just keep it in a stand and connect to power. See my video review to get an idea of what I am referring to.

For a computer geek, it is a challenge to design something with minimal resources - screen resolution, RAM, storage, chipset. Tagital has designed a tablet with budget conscious customer in mind. Out of the box, it worked to my satisfaction given the specification and price. Once powered on, it directly came to a working condition. No need to setup account prior to using. I signed with Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi router was in one bedroom. I configured in another room separated by two rooms. There was no issue with Wi-Fi signal. Once connected, I created a Google account as well. I generated a Application Specific password as I had 2 factor authentication. Once signed on, I updated applications like YouTube, Google Keyboard etc. I also downloaded few applications like TwitT.TV, Tetris from EA, etc. I downloaded Chrome and browsed few websites. Listened to Audio / Watched Video. Out of the box battery needed a full charge. Initially without charge, I did a video stream and wanted to see how device shutdown. Sure enough it shut down as battery drained. Powered on after charging and everything was fine.

I have read from AllWinner's press release that A13 is based on the ARM Cortex-A8 architecture, better performance, lower power consumption. The A13 and Android are the perfect combination that makes multitasking smoother, faster application loads, more responsive touch. A13 (sun5i) is a lower power consumption and lower cost version of the A10 which is designed primarily for tablet computers. The A13 does not have HDMI or SATA connections.

I am impressed enough at the engineering for the price/value/budget it delivers. Cortex-A8 Processor is an ARM Cortex(tm)-A8 processor, based on the ARMv7 architecture, has the ability to scale in speed from 600MHz to greater than 1GHz. The Cortex-A8 processor can meet the requirements for power-optimized mobile devices needing operation in less than 300mW; and performance-optimized consumer applications requiring 2000 Dhrystone MIPS. This is from ARM specification. Tagital has pulled in many off the shelf components and assembled at a terrific value. I was particularly interested how it performs to streaming video. That is the golden test and it performed beautifully!

I was provided this product in exchange of a fair and honest review.
on March 17, 2014
Good tablet for kids or a first tablet. The camera didn't look very good. I used the back cam to take a picture and it was dark, fuzzy and hard to see, but it was cheap. I'm going to give it to my son to play games on. And add some learning apps. Perfect size and lightweight. Arrived early. I thought about returning it (changed my mind) and contacted seller and heard back quickly.
on February 20, 2014
Not what I expected, very poor quality and very slow. The battery lasts about 1 to 2 hours max. After charging the battery to 100%, it only lasted an hour or so. I personally do not recommend this item. Very poor quality and the top right screen cracked a little bit after my son dropped in in the master bedroom (on the carpet) and now the screen won't turn on. Not happy with this item.
on March 11, 2014
I got this after reading every ones reviews on over a 100 7in tablets under a 100 bucks, and this one I thought was the best. Got it for my wife for her anniversary present. Well the thing freezes and re starts all the time, says it doesn't have enough storage space when there ain't any thing on there. Its junk but I'm not going to send it back its the product not a defect. I was going to buy one for my oldist daughter too but now ill just spend the extra 60 bucks and get them both a chrome book for 120. Do Not Buy, spend the extra cash and get a Kindle. You can find them starting at 100 bucks, Spend the extra money to get a product that works right.
on June 11, 2014
This is my first tablet, so I really don't have anything to compare it to. I've only had it for one day, but so far I love it for what I plan to do with it, which is mostly play games. surf web and watch Netflix. The one thing I really don't like is the camera ... there is no flash and the picture is grainy. I think it is a good buy for less than $50 and to be my first one.

UPDATE: I don't really like putting up bad reviews, but this tablet sucks big time. It's always freezing, it doesn't have a lot of memory even with the SD card, the camera takes terrible pictures and the battery doesn't last long at all. I charged the battery to 100%, took out the charger to search something and in less than 5 mins. it was at 75%. I hadn't even done anything yet. I don't know if Amazon allows electronics to be returned, but if they do, this baby is going back.
on June 13, 2014
we are apple people
left iPhone and went to droid
never going back to iPhone
but we keep an apple macbook
but these little tablets are so easy to use, fast setup, got it onto the network zip zip fast
good sized screen, and we got the little keyboard people often buy with it
you would be amazed, it's like having a second computer
on June 21, 2014
I bought a pair of these for my 2 year old daughters. This tablet is a great introductory tablet. It isn't the most powerful processor in the world, but it definitely is capable of playing all the apps they like. Further, it has plenty of horsepower for their favorites on Netflix and YouTube. Finally, I added I added a micro SD card to hold all the pictures and videos they like to watch.
Further, I don't worry about them dropping the tablet. It has happened before, and I'd rather be out the $46 for the Tagital than $400 for an iPad.
In conclusion, the Tagital is a great tablet and a good price that is perfect for young kids.