Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on July 17, 2012
I took this tent camping and the size/weight appealed to me cause i had to hike a few miles to where i wanted to camp for the night...

But it rained all night, and when i woke up, there were puddles everywhere!!

But im fairly confident, now that ive sufficiently coated it with water sealant it won't happen again... I even sprayed it with the hose and the water just beaded up and rolled right off the nylon...

Ill update after my next trip... You should also buy some stronger tent stakes, these will bend on you...

** so i took it out again, and yes it did indeed rain, was out for 4 days and it probably rained 40% of the time.
Good news is it held up, I put 3 coats of the KIWI Camp Dry on it, the rain fly too. and it held up ok... The tent was on a downward slope so the water didn't settle underneath and flowed away from me which i assume helped.

Ive been using a hammock a lot lately, but next time i use the Tent again, ill let you know if its still waterproof after not being touched for awhile....
44 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2012
Yep, I had a good review for this until it rained on me last weekend. Wasn't even a downpour, just a steady light rain with some bigger drops falling from the trees. I was slightly downhill when I realized water was streaming by on the floor, started checking around and everything was wet, even had a couple puddles forming inside. SO, this tent is total JUNK! not 3 season, but NO season. I guess I'll never understand how companies can put out products like tents, or life rafts for that matter that constantly fail... I mean, Isn't the whole freakin point of your product to keep the weather OUT and the person inside SAFE??? One of these days someones kid is going to get hypothermia and die in one of these products, and the company at fault will have to pay up for their horrible manufacturing and false advertising. Luckily my situation wasn't life threatening.
on August 12, 2012
I camped for 3 nights in this tent without any problems. It is lightweight, easy to set up, durable, and effective. It rained heavily two of the three nights and I had no real issue with leaks. Water will come in through the seems on the bottom edges of the tent ONLY if the base is not staked down properly. The base needs to be very tight.

There is quite a bit of room and I fit well (6'0). I am able to set the tent up in under 5 minutes. The tent stays warm. I highly recommend it.
on April 18, 2014
I got the tent today and set it up... There was something familiar about it's construction... After pondering upon it for a moment, a possible connection was made. I ran to the shed and rooted through the attic until I found what I was looking for, my kids old 2 person, purple, yellow and red play tent!
With the old tent set up next to the new one, I was amazed. Whaddya know! They are the same freaking tent! The new one has more adult colors, but the material and construction are dead on the same.

It is light weight, but the packed length is about 24" long, too long to fit in my pack. The poles are total crap, worse even than the afore mentioned kids tent's poles.

2 people will fit, but their heads and their feet will be in contact with the tent walls.

Metal hardware has sharp edges that can cut you and the tent (found that out very quickly).

Overall, this one is a real stinker for the price. The seller has a 25% "restocking" fee on all returns, so that in addition to shipping means it's not even worth returning this tent.

And yes, I was trying to cheap out and I got burned. At least W-Mart has a decent return policy. But I'll just spend the money on a good name brand tent.
on April 19, 2013
I've used this tent 3 or 4 times and so far am very happy with it for two reasons: 1.) PRICE 2.) WEIGHT

If you are a gear snob, or a tall person, this is NOT the tent for you. I am a 5'2" female and I have plenty of room for me and my pack. Two people? Not so much, unless we were VERY friendly. (-; The ventilation is comfortable, the zippers work well. There's a little loop at the apex of the roof that is perfect to clip my LED light.

However, I must agree with the other reviewers on one issue: she ain't so watertight. But we aren't talking rivers, either. I camped in this tent in a HEAVY downpour (lasted 3+ hours) and many other tents were swamped.
(I chose a little hill so maybe I got lucky.) In any case, after the rain stopped, only 2 cups of water inside, which I was easily able to sop up with a tshirt. This is with no prior rain treatment, just "out of the box".
The water came in from one side seam at the BOTTOM, not through the roof of the tent, so I suspect some seam sealer and waterproof spray will solve this problem in future.

Otherwise I have been thrilled with this tent as far as durability, portability, etc. It is a very thin material, (which is why it is so light). I have not been particularly nice to it, but after a full fall/summer of camping last year - no issues. It has been dragged around the dirt, stuffed haphazardly into my not-so-organized pack, and even balled up fully loaded with gear and thrown into my hatchback for a quick getaway when it got too cold. So far, not one rip. For the price, I would highly recommend this tent.
on February 7, 2014
I went on a road trip/ camping by myself, not being and avid camper and it was really easy to set up and take down. It never did fit back in the bag for me though. I just rolled it up and tied it with a strip of fabric I found. It was dirty but hey, I was camping.
on April 18, 2013
I read the feedback of other and purchased it anyway. I also purchased Water repellent as others suggested. When I opened the box the tent was ripped at the bottom seam. Therefore this tent was Junk. I purchased some tent repair glues and tried a repair. Its not worth the $$$ or the time to look at, I posted this once before and they removed it. Now I am wondering if Amazon is scamming people.....
on July 1, 2012
My girlfriend and I spent the weekend camping in the Mt. Rainer National Forest. We had 1 nice night, and 1 brutally wet night.

PROs:
Very Light
Easy setup
Cheap
Decent quality for what you pay for.
High quality tarp floor - Doesn't puncture or tear easily.
Fits two average sized people in bags + clothing/gear easily (Our heights 5'10" and 5'8")

Cons:
If you're willing to spend a little more, you can get a much better tent.
LEAKS LIKE A SIEVE! Water was pouring in on us all night, and YES, we did have the "Rain fly" on. The seams of the tent ooze water nonstop - We spent a wet, miserable night. If we hadn't had sleeping pads, it would have been much worse, but they kept us off the floor pretty well.

Bottom Line: You get what you pay for. If you intend to do camping out of the back of your pickup, with a tarp to spread over you, or if you camp only in fair weather areas, you will love this tent.

If you actually need a tent that can handle some unexpected wet weather, pay a little more and get a higher quality weatherproof one.
on April 18, 2014
I purchased this tent for one reason: PRICE. The price was cheap so I thoroughly expected the tent to be cheap also. It shipped/arrived very quickly in less than a week. I was actually surprised by the quality of the tent but definitely would not try to use it in the rain. I personally think it is hilarious that people would buy such a cheap tent and than expect it to compete with similar tents that are more expensive. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. In all I would say this tent is definitely worth the money. It's not good for inclement weather but great for camping out otherwise. It's small and lightweight but roomy enough to sleep comfortably. Very easy and quick to setup with just one person and it's even better for indoor use hahaha, when I first received it I set it up in living room and let my nephew "camp" out. Did really well under indoor conditions.
on August 14, 2014
If I could give this tent zero stars, I would. When I first purchased the tent I set it up to make sure it worked and the door zipper was broken because of poor design. Fortunately, I took it to a sewing shop and it was an easy fix but it turned out to be the least of our problems! Our tent only lasted 2 days of backpacking before ripping in 2 spots due to the lack of durability. The material is so thin and cheap; the rain did not stay out either. We woke up the next morning soaking wet with a foot long hole underneath the door of our tent. I bought the tent based on the good reviews here and hoped that it would work for us (the one plus is that it is super lightweight) but it is NOT WORTH IT. Save yourself the hassle and spend a little extra on a decent tent to begin with because you will have to end up doing that anyway.