5.0 out of 5 stars Takagi TK-04-OS
This tankless heater came recommended to me by three other contractors I know.

They did not dissappoint me. the unit ,once installed is flawless and workd perfectly.

I have nothing bad to say of this unit at all !!

I will say that it would probably be best if this unit is installed by a professional.

First it doesn't void your...
Published 18 months ago by William W. Bush

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy!
We had our 2014 Takagi installed on a Friday and it lasted for four days. We had a heavy rain and water got into the unit and voila it stopped working. Takagi told us the warranty does not cover bad weather...really because I thought we purchased an outdoor unit! How can plumbers recommend this worthless excuse for a water heater!
Published 4 months ago by Chrislee

5.0 out of 5 stars Takagi TK-04-OS, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Tankless Water Heater, Natural Gas, Outdoor (Tools & Home Improvement)
This tankless heater came recommended to me by three other contractors I know.

I have nothing bad to say of this unit at all !!

First it doesn't void your warranty and second it is not just a plug and play item.

Once installed you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and service, February 8, 2014
I do not write many reviews but felt the need to praise this product and company. The 1st thing to understand is this technology is relatively new as opposed to a conventional tank water heater. With that said here is my experience. I had this models predecessor installed in 2008 a t-k3 along with the appropriate filters in front of it to protect it from hard water deposits a MUST ! Unit worked flawlessly for 5 years, I had the annual service performed, descalling and cleaning the heater core and filters . I began to have some trouble with the unit then not turning on once in a while, I called the Takagi help desk and they sent me the needed parts igniter and technical instructions at no charge. I performed the service replaced the gaskets and the unit worked well until 2014 before acting up again. When I pulled the cover I noticed that there was corrosion occurring as a result of tiny water leaks, I called the Takagi help desk and they totally supported the now 7-8 year old product and sent me all the new parts and technical instructions at no charge to repair the issue. I am technical and performed the service myself it took about 2 hours to swap the water exchanger and gas control module, but the unit is now fully operational. I am very pleased with Takagi support of the product, as it was clearly outside of the warranty period. I will defiantly buy another Takagi when this ones life is over!

5.0 out of 5 stars re modelers dream, November 3, 2013
top quality workmanship, instruction book was the best i have seen. get the suggested cabinet for it for outside install.

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems so far, September 27, 2013
We are a few weeks in. It was installed on our new home by a professional plumber and so far works perfectly. We have 1-1/2 baths and two adults so there's no real competition for hot water - at most it might be a dishwasher or load of laundry running while someone showers, but even that is rare.

I like it and expect to save significantly on our gas bill compared to a conventional water heater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compacted Product, March 3, 2014
Great compacted product.......takes up less space then a normal water heater plus the water heats up quickly and perfectly!
Tankless is the away to go!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy!, February 28, 2014