5.0 out of 5 stars Takagi Tankless Water Heater is GREAT
I built my new home in 2000 and tankless were hard to find and most plumbers knew little if anything about them. Since I was the builder of my home I selected a Takagi the commercial model they had at the time MB-1. I sold the home in 2009 and while I lived there we had absolutely no problems with the water heater and loved having an endless supply.

I am...
Published on January 3, 2013 by Kyle R

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from Takagi !!!
Published on October 5, 2011 by NorCalDave

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from Takagi !!!, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Takagi T-M32 NG Commercial Tankless Water Heater, Natural Gas (Tools & Home Improvement)
DO NOT BUY A TAKAGI TANKLESS WATER HEATER. I gave 1 star only because I couldn't give a negative star. I have had 2 Takagi Tankless Water Heaters and they both failed prematurely. Takagi will not stand behind their product. In June of 2006 I had a Takagi T-M1 installed in my residence. The unit worked fine until November of 2010 when it broke down. The error code indicated a failed fan. With the advice of Technical Services, I replaced the fan motor and several other components. That did not correct the problem. After 3 days without hot water, I did not want to wait any longer. I replaced the T-M1 with a brand new Takagi T-M32 NG. The T-M32 worked fine for 9 months then stopped working. There was water leaking from inside the unit and an error code indicated a failure to ignite. After several phone calls and emails to customer service, I shipped the unit to Takagi for warranty repair (remember, it broke down after only 9 months). Takagi had my heater for 18 days before they sent me an email stating that their inspection revealed the the unit failed as a result of hard water and will not be repaired under warranty. Although I advised them that the previous Takagi unit was in service for over 4 years with the same municipal water supply. They still would NOT cover it under warranty. After several email exchanges they offered to repair it at a discounted rate of slightly over $600 plus shipping. No thanks! I will not allow another Takagi product under my roof.

I replaced the T-M32 with a Rinnai R98LSi Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater, 9.8 GPM
I've been extremely happy with the performance of the Rinnai unit. With both Takagi units I had to have the kitchen faucet turned on all the way to activate the unit. The Rinnai unit will fire up when the faucet is turned on less then halfway. The Rinnai R98LSi also comes with a built-in digital display and temperature controller. This will also display error codes for diagnostics. With the T-M32 you have to open the front cover to access some switches to adjust the temperature or buy a remote temperature controller Takagi TM-RE30 Temperature Remote Control if you want easy temperature control and error code display. I still believe in the "tankless" principal for heating water but have lost all faith in Takagi as a viable option for anyone looking to go tankless. My experience with their product is they are not reliable and the manufacturer's Customer Service and product support is very poor. If you are deciding Takagi vs Rinnai, without hesitation go Rinnai.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takagi Tankless Water Heater is GREAT, January 3, 2013

I am about to buy a home with 2 water heaters located in the attic and I plan to pull both of them out and replace with a Takagi.

They have been around longer and pioneered tankless water heating while US makers were still pushing there old tank water heaters.

I think they make a great product. As far as standing behind it, I can't say because we had no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE my 4 TAKAGI heaters, March 9, 2014
I have one T-MI in my home - worked flawlessly since 1996. Had 2 problems - needed to clean out the strainer. One phone call and tech helped me out. Now, after 18 yearsof service, I have a more serious problem and they are wonderful in how hard they are trying to help me. Before this, I had 2 Bradford $1500 heater which broke within 13 months, each. And they said "Oh Well". So I was out $3000. THe Mobius Takagi has been great for under $1200. I have 3 rental properties with smaller ones, the TK1Jr. No problems. Once, the strainer needed to be cleaned on one. Whopee- loosen a cap, remove 3/4 " strainer, remove the junk, flush it, replace it, and you are in business. Dollar per degree of hot water, TAKAGI is MY choice for every rental I have. Everyone loves it!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away!!, February 28, 2014
Our takagi was an outdoor water heater and four days after installing it it failed. Water got inside unit and takagi refused to stand behind their product! They said warranty does not include weather damage...really because I thought we purchased an outdoor unit!

1.0 out of 5 stars I had a new Takagi tankless water heater installed during ..., November 13, 2014
I had a new Takagi tankless water heater installed during our home renovation. The unit has never worked to our satisfaction due to the amount of time it takes to produce hot water. Our small bathroom is on the first floor in the opposite corner of the house from the water heater. When the hot water is turned on full, it takes about three to four minutes to produce any hot water. It is the same story for our kitchen sink. This is unbelievable! When taking a shower, sometimes the hot water will stop and it will become ice cold until the hot water makes its way to the faucet again. Now, we just had a flame sensor rod and gasket failure. It will cost me another $70 to fix this. And, the annual maintenance costs about $135 which was never mentioned when looking at this unit. Overall, I am very dissatisfied with this unit.

Takagi T-M32 NG Commercial Tankless Water Heater, Natural Gas
$2,256.00 $1,099.00
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.