- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Take a Look in the Mirror Explicit Lyrics
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
Take A Look In The Mirror [Explicit]
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
There are the blistering, angry, intense songs which are reminiscent of earlier KoRn albums, such as "Right Now," "Break Some Off," "When Will This End," and "Let's Do This Now," and there are the melodic but still heavy songs which remind one of Issues and Untouchables (even Follow The Leader to a cetain extent) such as "I'm Done," "Everything I've Known," and "Did My Time." They even remade their old song "Alive" which until this album hit stores in November of 2003, only the hardcore Korn fans were familiar with. It originally appeared on their demo album way back in 1993. It was a real treat for the true fans. Although, thematically and musically, this album takes a trip down memory lane, it nevertheless, explores new territory and has a very fresh feel about it. One thing's for sure. Korn are an extremely diverse band-musically and lyrically, and they are definitely innovators. While many of the terrible and cheap imitations of them continue to fall off the radar, KoRn remain at the top because they dare to experiment, develop, grow, and mature. They continually evolve. Their sights are on the music and their fans, and it most definitely shows. I couldn't be more happy with Take A Look In The Mirror. In my personal opinion, although this is arguable, it is very possible that Take A Look In The Mirror is KoRn's heaviest record to date. I highly recommend this album.Read more ›
1. Right Now (3:10)--- 10/10
2. Break Some Off (2:35)--- 10/10
3. Counting On Me (4:43)--- 10/10
4. Here it Comes Again (3:34)--- 8/10
5. Deep Inside (2:46)--- 10/10
6. Did My Time (4:04)--- 6.5/10
7. Every Thing I've Known (3:35)--- 11/10
8. Play Me -featuring nas- (3:26)--- 8/10
9. Alive (4:30)--- 10/10
10. Lets Do This Now (3:13)--- 10/10
11. Im Done (3:29)--- 10/10
12. Y'all Want a single (3:19)--- 10/10
13. When Will This End (3:33)--- 10/10
The Bonus Track I was not a big fan of..
Bonus Track. One --- 7/10
To wrap it up this is a must buy for any music fan... This has really made me look at Korn as a band that will be staying on top...
Right Now 7/5 High energy son, very catchy, awesome vocals!
Everything I've known 7/5 "THEN WE FIGHT" line sounds unbelievable.
Did my time 7/5 Awesome song.
Let's do it now 7/5 One of the best Korn songs, "Break you down
Mercy, I cannot allow" sound great!
Ya'll Want A Single 6/5
When Will This End 6/5
Deep Inside 5/5
Counting On Me 4.5/5
Here It Comes Again 4/5
Break Some Off 4/5
Absolutely stupid songs
I'm Done 0/5
Play Me (featuring Nas) 0/5
And , yes, the bonus track "One". I'm speechless, I'm a very big fan of Metallica and Korn outdid Metallica here, WOW
So don't listen to people who don't like the album. It's an absolute must for a metal fan.
Forget about a couple idiotic songs like "I'm done" and you'll get yourself a CD that is worth your every penny.
Bravissimo, Korn! 4.8/5
Korn have made a hard, fast album.
The quality of music and of propduction is superb.
Fieldy plays his best bass lines on this.
Some elements of the songs, though brilliant, are underdeveloped or should have been repeated more.
No real standouts here, except Alive which is an old song, and not an adventurous album.
Jonathan's voice and lyrics (not as cathartic as on 'Korn' and as interesting as on 'Follow The Learder') deserve to be wishing more.
Now to the song review:
1. Right Now - 4/5. At first I couldn't understand why it was their choice for a single and still don't get why the better song 'Did My Time' wasn't the first track, but now I do agree that it's a good song. It's fast and heavy, with lots of screaming.
2. Break Some Off - 4/5. Also heavy and fast, love the verse and the chorus, the bridge where Jon reminds me of Slipknot's singer isn't that good.
3. Counting On Me - 4/5. Good mellower song, with terrific and varied guitar riffs. However, the chorus part is similar to some songs from their previous two albums, Untouchables and Issues.
4. Here It Comes Again - 4/5. Ok song with great verse ang pre-chorus, the chorus is somehow flat. Some nice voice effects here.
5. Deep Inside - 3/5. This song, except for the bridge, seems underwritten.
6. Did My Time - 5/5. This is the album defining song, with great instruments and emotions from Jon. I enjoy how the bridge flows into the heavy grind of the final chorus.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this album, very hard like their first album, great album!Published 9 days ago by Brodie Stewart Hurst
Outstanding service and quality product. Everything as advertised and promised.Published 12 months ago by David J.
I love Korn, and had been listening to them since I was a teenager and they've remained one of my favorite bands. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Amazon Customer