4.0 out of 5 stars The Will to Chill, June 15, 2000
JBW (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Serve Chilled 2 (Audio CD)
Press play, lay back and close your eyes. Float away in the warm summer breeze, and lose yourself in the vast landscape of your mind. And every now and then use the skip button on your remote.
Though there are some absolute pearls here, there are also one or two marbles. The album suffers from a couple of tracks that seem to have been misplaced, and might sit better on a jazz/hip hop outing. Maybe I'm a little harsh but I like my chill to be fully chilled. However one should not be discouraged as there are some truly beautiful tunes.
Disc 1 is definately my pick of the two disks. Recommended listenings include : The Space Bros' "Your Place in the World", Mandalay's aptly titled "Beautiful" and the ulta cool "A Man and a Woman" from 45 Dip. Kinobe's "Slip into Something" on disc 2 is chillingly catchy.
Definately worth buying, if not just for the cool cover and "do not eat" warnings. Gotta get back to work *sigh*

5.0 out of 5 stars Sit back and close your eyes, September 30, 2000
Christopher Laas (Stellenbosch, Western Cape South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Serve Chilled 2 (Audio CD)
What can I say, Hed Kandi have done it again ! I got home from work, poured myself a whiskey, put Serve Chilled into my player and pressed play. I woke up the next morning in the same couch I had been relaxing in the night before!
Disc 1 has to be my favourite, with tracks that smack of Cafe Del Mar and Mono. CD 2 is even more chilled and of course my all time favourite Morcheeba kicks the CD off with a good swing.
A must for all Hed Kandi Fans !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic collection of late night mellow grooves., March 11, 2001
Nigel Funge (Redwood City, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Serve Chilled 2 (Audio CD)
Hed Kandi has compiled a second two-disc edition of the Serve Chilled series that does justice to the first. It continues the tradition of mellow grooves that are great for setting the atmosphere. Of particular note are Mandalay's "Beautiful", Morcheeba's "The Sea", and Lux's "Northern Lights". Definitely a companion to the first `Serve Chilled'. Similar offerings are the `Winter Chill' series also by Hed Kandi, the Cafe Del Mar series, and the Om Lounge albums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sophomore Slump? Nah..., March 16, 2004
This review is from: Serve Chilled 2 (Audio CD)
Admittedly it was only a little over a year ago that I managed to pick this one up. I was a big fan of the Hedkandi chillout series and even remember where I was when I picked up Serve Chilled One (before catching a bus to the airport in Vegas) and Serve Chilled 3 (in "B" Bookstore on Picaddilly or Oxford on Sept. 12th 2001). Suffice to say that this series has a very special place in my heart - the first was from a great great time I had while the last one through a very difficult time being away from home, with no way of getting home. Both the first and third have terrific cuts on them, and you can tell by the tracks and musicians that the series has changed through the years.
First the positives. The second one is a terrific release too, although the track selections just aren't as strong as the other two IMO. You still have the trademark HedKandi mentality of introducing some artists that may not be so popular "yet", and featuring full uncut versions of the tracks. You have very talented artists like Nitin Sawnhey along with Hedkandi regulars 45 Dip and Afterlife included. You also have some dramatic big tunes by Mr. Hermano and Kinobe (oh, you have to hear this full version of the song - such an underrated artist!) while Ziriguiboom's Suba, Zuco 103 add some Brazilian flair, respectively. With Blue States included along with a whole slew of other great acts like Solar Sides, King Kooba and Morcheeba, its safe to say this is a strong chillout line-up.
The bad? Well, there is still the usual filler tunes that bring down the general quality of some of Hedkandi's releases. And admittedly I found CD 2 to be stronger than CD 1 (as was the case with the other two Serve Chilled Releases). All in all, this one just wasn't as strong as the other two. The first had a terrific mellow vibe with some great acts and CD 3 was all about the nu-brazil tracks with some nice latin beats. If you like this, definitely check out The Chillout Room vol 2. It's pricey (just like this! Wow! I didn't pay half of this for any of them) but with a track selection stronger than this one and it's from the time frame between Serve Chilled vol 1 and this one. It's a double disc set like these are too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotically exciting, February 12, 2005
This review is from: Take Me Away (Audio CD)
Wow...such a great track. Instrumental makes it a great club beat, and Therese has a very powerful and sexy voice. Amazing track. If you're a house djay like me and lookin for some good underground, this is it... well, pretty much anything by Stonebridge is haha.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best collections of chilled-out tracks yet!, April 1, 2004
This review is from: Serve Chilled 2 (Audio CD)
I am a collector of Hed Kandi compilations, and I have to state that this one in particular is definitly one of my favorites. Almost every single track is worthy of a 5 star mention. There were a few tunes included in this compilation that I've heard elsewhere but was not able to find out who the artist was.I would definitly recommend this CD to any true chill-out fan who is in the mood to be blown away my a great mix of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great CD!, November 10, 2013
Eddie (Cypress, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Serve Chilled 2 (Audio CD)
Hed Kandi Does it again. Dance music that keeps you moving for hours only to replay the CD's and get the party started again. One of the better albums in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you move?, December 11, 2005
Laz "Laz" (Miami, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me Away (Audio CD)
if you like to move, you'll love this and if you own and iPod you'll appreciate the video,

Take Me Away
Take Me Away by Nu Cool (Series) (Audio CD - 2005)