4.0 out of 5 stars Simply well done
Published on May 20, 2012 by tmm1926

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
I like movies that aren't something I've seen before. This fits that bill. However, I had trouble relating to either character who both seemed to have problems handling what appear to be pretty straight forward life choices.
Published 20 months ago by Jeremy

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply well done, May 20, 2012
This review is from: Take Me Home (DVD)
I don't wan't to spoil anythng by reveling the plot, but wanted to give my thoughts about this movie. I saw this movie while staying at a hotel. I truly enjoyed it. The actors had great chemistry & didn't overact the scenes. The movie moves smoothly (almost slow), but keeps you locked into the story. The scenery in the movie is beautiful. I would love to see these actors together in another movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kind of Movie!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Take Me Home (DVD)
What a great find and pleasant surprise this movie was for me. I found it to be intelligent yet whimsical, painful yet funny, and most of all, thoroughly entertaining. As I watched this movie, it became very apparent to me that it was truly a labor of love by those most involved in making it -- producers, writer, director, actors,etc. It also is a beautifully filmed movie that reminded me that we are blessed to live in a magnificent and diverse country. I will recommend this movie to friends and continue to look for other independent film projects involving the Jaegers in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie!, August 25, 2012
Tammy (MARS, PA USA) - See all my reviews
It was the best movie that we've seen in a long time. Highly recommend it as a romantic comedy with substance. I'm looking forward to this actor/director's next movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Movie I've Seen in a Long Time!!!*****, August 14, 2012
I can not express how thought-provoking this movie was, and it was done in such an artistic, delightful way. Each scene, though seemingly unimportant on the surface, was artfully crafted, taking on greater meaning and speaking volumes as the movie travels onward. Though the characters(who are opposites) appear to be running away from their lives, are really reconnecting with them: their pasts and their futures. All at the same time. Together. It was amazing. This movie is HUGE. I haven't seen anything like it in a very long time. It's the kind of movie you can't stop thinking about after viewing it. So, do not turn it off or you'll deprive yourselves of seeing each layer, more emotionally raw than the last one, peeled away. And you'll realize that no one, on the surface, is really what they seem. However, you'll feel satisfied by the end of it, because you'll know that each character will heal. It is a truly amazing story to watch. The acting was perfect! Thank you to those who put their hearts and souls into it! We marveled at it and enjoyed it immensely! We will be watching it again and recommending it to all our friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly good, July 15, 2012
Casey Lang (Destin, Florida) - See all my reviews
This is an incredible movie with a good plot, great acting, and realistic, well-written dialog. This film does not remind me of anything I've ever watched before, which makes it all that much more interesting. Although most women will love this movie, it is definitely not a chick-flick and guys will like it just as much. As others have written, there are no special effects, no car chases, and no big name stars. What is does have is a good story and some wonderful acting. The scenery is realistic because the movie was actually filmed on a road trip across the country. The two main stars (Sam and Amber Jaeger) are married in real life and Sam directed this gem. The heart of this movie is the interaction between the two as they face personal issues and physical hurdles together and learn more about each other as well as about themselves. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very satisfying movie that deserves to be seen by more people then it will. I really liked it and recommend it. I say B+, May 18, 2012
Tony Heck (Belgrade, MT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me Home (DVD)
"Just drive, that's what you said, just drive." Thom (Jaeger) is down on his luck. He can't get a job and just got kicked out of his apartment. In order to make money he decides to pretend he's a cab driver. After a few fares Claire (Jaeger) hails him down. She is also having a bad day and tells him to drive. So he does. I have gotten in the habit of not watching previews before watching a movie so I don't have any preconceived notions going in. I watched the preview for this one and really thought it would be a little boring. This was anything but boring. This movie takes two proved formulas and puts them together. A romantic comedy mixed with a road movie. The acting was OK and the budget for this was not the best but it was a great movie that is better then a lot of the high budget movies. This movie is pretty predictable but sometimes it works and this is an example of that. I tend to like the movies with an ending that isn't always happy but every once in a while a movie like this comes along and it just has a calming feeling when it works out the way it should. Overall, a very satisfying movie that deserves to be watched. I liked it a lot. I give it a B+.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a movie! Great dialogue., May 19, 2012
I really enjoyed this movie. It was very well acted and the storyline was interesting. There was a lot of depth to the characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Labor of Love, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Take Me Home (DVD)
I didn't like the movie at first...it seemed aimed at a 20-something audience. The soundtrack underlined that impression. Another road trip, I thought, with two characters with warring personalities who will encounter troubles and eventually fall in love. A tried and true formula.

But somehow I stuck with it, probably because the actors were very good. I really liked the angry young woman and then the shluppy cab driver warmed up to me. There were some good stops along the way. The guy's family in Boulder was perfect. I loved his uptight dad and his mom who kept saying "How Fun!" Then, the girl's sweet eccentric mom in Las Vegas....a heartwarmer. The scene at the memorial service was a little maudlin for me and the only scene that didn't ring true. The end was trite, too, but somehow, by that time I had forgiven them all.

After I saw the film I learned that the lead actor, Sam Jaeger,also wrote and directed the film and his leading woman is his real-life wife, Amber. It makes sense, as they had such perfect chemistry and the whole film had that warmth about it that comes from a labor of love. I'd like to seem them together again, maybe in something with a little more depth.

PS. A week later. I just saw another "romantic road trip" film that I think is worthy of comparison to this one. It's a French film, "As the Sea Rises" and in my opinion, is a much better film...much less formulaic and predictable...It has characters who don't look like movie stars and their lives are much more interesting and realistic. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story. Has potential, September 6, 2012
This was written, and directed by the male lead character. The romantic female lead is his wife, and it kind of feels like it. I kept thinking it was a great story but it could have really been better directed. The premise is good (I won't go through that here, you've probably already read it in the description if you are interested to read people's reviews), the acting is good, and--for a lower budget film--the production is quite good. It just seems to fall flat in areas you would expect to fall on the shoulders of the director. For example some scenes tend to slow the momentum and other scenes might as well have been shortened, or deleted altogether. Overall it wasn't a bad movie at all. I liked it, and thought it was better than a "just okay" three-star rating. If you like romantic comedy/dramas you probably won't be disappointed. They aren't my favorite. However, my wife--a big fan--did liked it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!, August 29, 2012
This is a classic comedy situation: two people with clashing personalities get stuck together on a cross-country journey with a variety of delays and setbacks. Why is this one so good?

The plot is not particularly original, and the scenes are not incredibly original, creative or surprising. There are some holes in the plot--but they can be ignored well enough. However, the acting is fantastic and the characters are appealing--both the lead actors have great comedic timing. The little surprises in plot and dialogue are cute and funny. The characters are realistic and you like them both equally. The filming, editing, and music are done very well.

We found ourselves chuckling out loud quite a bit during the movie, and when it ended, it left us feeling good and happy. We were quite surprised to see one of the scenes shot in a parking lot near our small town in SE Ohio. Small world! But we got a kick out of that!

Take Me Home
Take Me Home by Sam Jaeger (DVD - 2012)
$26.95 $24.99