- Explore more great deals on 1000's of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Virtually every stadium that has ever hosted a professional game is here and brought to life through detailed retelling of its history and construction, stories of the famous players who called it home, and accounts of the incredible events that have taken place on the field. Discussions of the peculiar variations among each ballpark's playing field - a trait unique to baseball among professional sports - examine what makes each park different and demonstrate how sometimes even the slightest variation can have a monumental effect on a game's outcome.
- Every stadium is displayed in huge full-color photographs and illustrations - over 250 in all - including every current Major League stadium, important minor league parks, famous negro league fields and notable stadiums from baseball's past.
- Each feature is crammed with the statistics baseball fans love - who got the park's first hit, total cost of construction, what date saw the biggest crowd, numbers of balls that have make it over the fences, and much more.
- Legends of all the famous athletes and their spectacular achievements, along with fun stories of unusual incidents and incredible occurrences, uncover the singular "personality" that makes each park unique.
- Special sections explore all the things that make a trip to the ballpark a one-of-a-kind experience, from hot dogs to Cracker Jacks, announcers to organists, scoreboards to mascots.
Covers every current major league park, including:
Shea Stadium - Fenway Park - Wrigley Field - Dodger Stadium - Oriole Park at Camden Yards - Yankee Stadium - Coors Field - The Skydome - The Ballpark in Arlington - Busch Stadium - Jacobs Field - and many more!
Historical features on bygone classics from baseball's past:
Ebbets Field - The Polo Grounds - Tiger Stadium - Comisky Park - The Astrodome - Forbes Field - League Parks, food at the park, the evolution of night baseball, and much, much more!
Plus region-by-region examinations of minor league parks and fields from the negro leagues, and fun features on the history of ballparks, food at the park, the evolution of night baseball, and much, much more!
Got this for a coffee table book. I like to look at the details about the parks.Published 2 months ago by K
Very informative: a wonderful tour of all the ball parks, past and present, and enjoyable with the great photographs and side stories. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Joseph H. Race
Love it! Can't wait to share it with my child (when she is old enough not to eat the pages :)Published 11 months ago by Shaun Sego
I gave this book to my son in law. He enjoys baseball and this was nicely written with pictures of ball parks. JJPublished 11 months ago by J. J.
I bought this book as a holiday gift for the son of my friend who was playing high school baseball. I can only assume he liked it. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Cindy Gillespie
It came in a very thinly padded envelope and it was bent. I put some heavy books on it to flatten it out and now it is much better but not perfect as I would like tit to be,... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Larry Sampel
My husband had this book for years but it was damaged when some water found its way into our basement. He was really disappointed...he thought it would be impossible to get. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Movie Viewer 27
START YOUR BUCKET LIST TODAY AND GO SEE EVERY MLB BALLPARK. I DID. THIS IS THE BOOK THAT STARTED IT. Read morePublished on April 4, 2012 by TEXASJESTER
If you want a book on our Baseball Fields it is an outstanding purchase that you will not regret. By the same token, it makes a great coffee table item or a good book for a... Read morePublished on March 22, 2012 by Gerald Smith