5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mothers Day gift for moms, friends, teens..., April 24, 2013
A. Bernard (Framingham, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
In this busy world we think, as moms, we are doing all the right things. But I read parts of this book and thought, "am I spending as much time on helping my daughters stop, relax, think, reflect, and dream as I am on getting them to soccer, plays, practices, and lessons?" This insightful book, an easy read, makes you stop and think but in an uplifting way. It seems perfect for a mom/daughter book club and can provoke great conversations across the dinner table (or the book club couch).

5.0 out of 5 stars A new approach and breath of fresh air for young women and teens; a must read., April 29, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
What a great book! It's practical and fun, yet thought provoking and deep. True to the authors' claims, they don't talk down to the reader. To understand current young women and teens, they've been interviewing them and it's evident in this book.

Their approach of 5 minutes a day, keeping it simple and entertaining makes the process fun and very practical. The authors take the reader step by step through the various phases to successfully understand and grasp their dreams.

Difficult steps including taking action, and stepping out of one's comport zone are covered using examples, quotes, advice, and resources young woman and teens can relate to; which I believe, will make this book a great success.
So many books addressing this topic espouse time consuming and often complicated steps which can make it difficult for readers to keep engaged. The authors make this book very accessible and practical. I think many will look back on this book as a key resource on their quest toward a happy and satisfying life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for your favorite girl, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
Beautifully written and gorgeously illustrated, this lovely book makes it easy and inviting for girls to invest just a few minutes a day to build a blueprint for the lives they want to lead. This one-of-a-kind book makes a perfect gift for adolescents and teens who deserve their own special place where they can imagine and act on their dreams, both large and small. Both of the authors know a thing or two about raising confident and powerful girls. As parents of young teenage girls, Paula Grieco and Liz McHutcheon are the founders of WhatsYourBrave.com, a website and blog devoted to helping girls (and their parents) empower themselves to live their dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Messages!, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
What a beautiful way to present inspirational quotes and words of wisdom for teen girls and young adults. I especially like the way the related short tasks and activities are integrated throughout the book.

I definitely would recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Guide for Girls, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
"Take 5 for Your Dreams" is an important book for young girls everywhere. Full of fitting quotes and inspiring photography, this little "guidebook to life" should be on every young girl's shelf. This great guide encourages girls to be brave and ambitious, and it tells them that they can be and do more than they or anyone else has ever imagined. The "Take 5" daily actions are creative and fun, and they're a great way to get girls to really spend a small amount of time each day to focus on themselves and their dreams. I highly recommend this to all young girls and their parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alines, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
I loved this book. first of 5mins is not alot to take care of ones self. the information and the way the book is formatted is useful for teens and moms of teens and young adults. I wish I would of read this or had this amazing resource when I was a teen. I think we can all reach our dreams, we just have to keep on going!! Thanks for writtting this beauty.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Way to Take a Step Back, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
I have an infant daughter, and worry on a daily basis about what the world will look like when she's older. I know she'll face so many challenges I've never even thought about and that didn't exist when I was growing up, and I am already thinking about ways that I can make sure she grows up with the tools she needs to be a confident, capable adult when it seems like that's often at odds with the world around her!

That's why I really love the concept of this book. Parents and kids are stretched for time, so the idea of doing something for five minutes a day--the same way we take 45 minutes a day to work out or 10 minutes a day to shower--is accessible and approachable. I like that the book has both concrete and specific tasks as well as those that are a little bit more creative. It really speaks to different personality types. And it provides enough exercises that it allows you to get into a habit of reflection, discussion, etc. on a regular basis.

Whether you follow the book step by step or simply read through it to get ideas and discussion points, it's a great tool for working with your daughter or the teen/tween girl you love and helping her to think about how she can put herself on a path to accomplish and achieve her dreams in the future. It's so easy for us to get caught up in the day-to-day and it's great to take five minutes out to plan our path forward.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
When I was a teenager, I had tons of insecurities, and in still being a teenager, this book would have helped me out in so many ways. I love how this book is not about preaching what's right for you, but it is more about guiding you to being a stronger and better person. The activities are very interactive and I love how the reader only needs to take 5 minutes out of the day to enjoy the book. Definitely a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream and Believe, April 21, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
Purchased this book for my niece...

I liked the format - Daily guide is informative, motivational, and inspirational...

Great book for teenage girls and young women. They deserve to take time for their dreams...

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to learn or remind yourself of some important truths., April 21, 2013
This review is from: Take 5 for Your Dreams (Paperback)
This is a lovely and aesthetically pleasing book that makes it easy to spend a little more of your time on reflection. It doesn't matter how busy you are -- the quick and simple format means that you definitely will have time to fit this into your day. It is full of simple and intuitive wisdoms that can change your life if you truly take them to heart. A great way to teach younger girls to value the things that are really important, embrace themselves for just who they are, and reach their full potential in life. Or, if you're older, this is an uplifting reminder of all the things you know to be true but sometimes forget to allow guide your actions in life. Definitely will get you thinking and feeling happier and more motivated, and the quote selection is lovely. Recommend! :)

Take 5 for Your Dreams
Take 5 for Your Dreams by Paula Grieco (Paperback - April 10, 2013)
$19.99 $17.99