5.0 out of 5 stars It took a little time...
I couldn't wait to get this book after hearing Mark on the radio (can't remember the interviewer's name).
Published on July 10, 2010 by Sharon Doler

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Pop Psychology
If you have personal issues that keep you from clearing your space, this is your book. If you just have average clutter and don't know how to manage it, don't look here.

I love Brunetz' work on Clean House. I certainly appreciate that many people have significant issues preventing them from moving on with their lives, which indeed can include incomprehensible...
Published on June 11, 2010 by Purple Jasmine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It took a little time..., July 10, 2010
Sharon Doler (FONTANA, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Amazon rushed the book to me...I immediately began reading. I was surprised it entailed "homework"...but I did everything Mark suggested. It's been a couple months now and I'm actually "seeing" the value in my treasures. Weekly, I am taking things to Goodwill, giving them to friends, and even filling my recycle bin each week.
Some things I just can't bear to give away yet - I'm ok with that. This is the first go-round. I'm sure that in a few months I'll be finished and will begin again with what I couldn't bear to let go the time around.
One of the most important lessons in the book was walking into my study, tagging 5 items with post-its, and then going back and writing on the post-its how much I would sell that item for.
WOW! To my surprise, I was holding on to 5 items that were only worth $6.25!
After that, I began looking at things differently.
We're moving next year and by then I hope to have everything packed that we truly need in our new, smaller home!
Thanks Mark (I watch you on Clean-House every single day!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Let go of things and find yourself, June 5, 2010
Yeah, if you can't stop buying stuff, hoarding stuff, finding free stuff and dragging it home, then you'll want to read this book. It is so true that the clutter is an outward expression of an inward problem. Wanna stop, but can't? Get the book.

Already I'm able to "let go" of more than just the clutter and I'm ..sigh...able to breathe again. For the first time in a long time, I have stopped running to the mall to do retail therapy to escape..and I no longer base my identity and sense of self-worth on "Things".

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected, May 23, 2011
This review is from: Take the U out of Clutter (Paperback)
I was disappointed when I realized that this wasn't a straight froward clutter book and confused when it became a therapy session. I didn't realize that was exactly what I needed. If you've never used a clutter book or any advice this may not be for you but I realized real quick that the average book wouldn't cut it for me because they're about organizing not whittling down. If your problem isn't organization, you'll probably get an answer in here.

**Be warned it is set up like a work book that you have to go through before you do anything so don't expect progress in a day or two. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever, June 6, 2010
This book is the best book I have have ever read. It's enjoyable and inspiration to move forward in life. I have recommended it to several people and I know for a fact that one of them is in desperate need for the help this book can provide and he seems to be very positive that it is working for him and soon will be free of clutter thanks to this wonderful book. I hope another one comes out to follow this great one.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK!!, July 26, 2010
I love the book. It really has you thinking about removing clutter from your house. You may not have as much as some of the people on clean house but everyone has clutter that is jut taking up space and collecting dust. If you haven't used it and its been in a box for years. You don't need it. Also if it is important to you. Take a picture of it and get rid of it. Then you will always have that memory just not the space it takes up in your house. Great book!! Worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Clean House and Mark!, July 12, 2010
Being a very neat, organized and almost clutter free person (I really am!) I bought this book just because I wanted to read more about Mark because I love what he does on Clean House. The book is very helpful, even to me, as far as organizing and analyzing why we keep "stuff!" He even gives us some insight into his "Ah Ha!" moment and how he started to be clutter free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clutter Bug, July 21, 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. This is more than a simple "how to" book. This book is designed to empower the clutter bug in a positive manner. It also encourages the homeowner to analyze inner feelings and past encounters as a means to let go of some of the internal baggage that is feeding the clutter bug. If you are a clutter bug and read this book, take the time to follow through with the journal sections. This is the part that if you will do them, it really will help you to realize that the objects you are clinging to for emotional reasons are really just objects and that by letting go of them, you can still keep or revise the memory to make it something to be embraced instead of something that might bring you pain or conflict. Even if you are not a clutter bug ... read this book just because the "Affirmations" will empower you to be a "better you" on many levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last of the Junk, February 8, 2011
NatNow (Elmhurst, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take the U out of Clutter (Paperback)
This really IS the last clutter book I will ever need. Not to say that I am completely relieved of my clutter 100%, but I have made incredible progress with understanding the emotional attachement to things. Now that I understand it, I am prepared to address it.

There is no "I'll need it someday" - now I am more apt to say "Just get rid of it." My husband is impressed with the progress.

With this book, I am DONE buying storage containers. There is no need for it. If I have the space for cherished things, they should be OUT in a prominent space. Otherwise, I am consolodating. This book is so empowering, I think I would be able to inspire other people. In fact I have. I bought a copy for a dear friend as a birthday present. That is how strongly I feel about the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whow!, March 5, 2011
What great insights to living without clutter in your world! What a great gift for anyone. Thanks Mark and Carmen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, cluttered or not., October 21, 2011
Mark has answers to what we all have been struggling with for years...letting go. Letting go of clutter that hold a precious memory, steps on how to seperate the memory from the items now cluttering up your home, to make room for what is the present and your future, and keeping the memory! While making room for who you are today in your home, " TAKE THE U OUT OF CLUTTER " can apply to all areas of your life too. This book allows you to think outside the box, clean out the clutter and feel really good at the same time. No more guilt of why to keep something around just for the emotional attachment, I now have an organized home and NO GUILT afterwards. I bought 6 more books for family and friends who wanted to read my copy and I didn't want to part with it ! Kudos to Mark & Carmen for an amazing read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Take the U out of Clutter
Take the U out of Clutter by Mark Brunetz (Paperback - May 4, 2010)
Used & New from: $1.55