Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin (Mediterranean Brides Book 2)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 9, 2007
Lucy Monroe delivers another heartfelt and loving story in Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin.

Model Amber Taylor's career is finally shifting into high gear. On a photo shoot she meets businessman Miguel Mendez. Amber had lived a relatively low-key life and her meeting with Miguel changes everything. He makes her think and feel things that are new and exciting for her.

This American beauty intrigued Miguel Mendez. Her innocence attracts him like no other woman. Miguel proposes that they enjoy each other's company until Amber has to return home. When Amber asker for more Miguel cruelly turns her away. But he soon realizes he has lost a love of a lifetime.

Amber's life is in turmoil, what she believed all her life about her parents is a lie. She has a father and a twin sister she never knew about. When she has an accident she is devastated to find out she was pregnant and has lost the baby.

Miguel comes to America to beg for her forgiveness. Can Amber forgive Miguel, will she be able to let go of all the pain and take a 2nd chance?

Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin is another gem by Lucy Monroe. She really can weave a full-bodied tale in a short format. Each book she writes makes me want to read more and more.
VINE VOICEon November 30, 2008
Amber Taylor was on a modeling assignment in Barcelona, Spain. She was hawking cell phones with her barely clad, perfectly toned body and what a near naked woman has to do with selling cell phones, no one knows, but hey, it landed the attention of gazillionaire Miguel Menendez, so obviously it works. Business tycoon and jaded Romeo, Miguel knew there was something different about Amber. The modeling world should have turned her as jaded as him and even though he tries to tell himself differently, he can't help but respond to her glowing innocence. He sweeps her off her feet and the two engage in a sensuous love affair where he initiates Amber in the joys of lovemaking. They indulge in a two week affair but afterwards he decides he must do the right thing and cut her loose. Miguel doesn't believe their newfound love will be able to overcome their busy schedules so even though he knows he's breaking her heart, he walks away. Too late, he discovers that he can't live without her, but will he be able to convince Amber of his love and devotion?

This started out pretty good. It was a fun and certainly passionate beginning to Amber and Miguel's romance, but during the middle part of the book I was kind of making hurry up motions. It seemed to flounder in the middle and I was getting bored. Then Lucy Monroe kicked it into high gear and I could only read on with a kind of sick fascination as this emotional rollercoaster started doing loop de loops. Wow. I wasn't expecting any of this. But I should have. Within the first couple of pages Lucy Monroe is setting up Amber's personality and explaining what kind of woman she was. Plus, she was way over her head with Miguel so the aftermath was only to be expected.

Since Miguel is not present for all the turmoil in Amber's life after he dumped her via telephone, (what a spineless jerk) I did not like him. Ugh. He is not my idea of a knight in shining armor, as he hides out in Prague, presumably pining away for her. He needed to grovel A LOT more for me to have let him back into my life. Some women fall in love hard and fast and love only once and obviously Amber is one of them. This was an interesting read and certainly different, but a little too much like a sick soap opera for me to have enjoyed it.
on July 9, 2007
This book blew me away, it's that powerful. From the moment they met at Amber Taylor's photo shoot they are both captivated by each other. Miguel Mendez was so taken with Amber's beauty he knew he had to spend as much time as he could with her and Amber felt the same way. Miguel knows in a couple of weeks he needs to leave for Prague and wants to make the most of their time together so he asks Amber to stay in his home. This attraction between them is a highly "charged" but Amber is very willing to become involved with Miguel; however, she's hiding a secret......she's never been with a man!

Their love story was emotional and explosive and will have you turning the pages and weeping along the way. There are a few twists and turns and I promise you won't be sorry you've taken the journey with Amber and Miguel.
on November 5, 2012
***Spoilers****

I really had a problem with the middle part of this book where the H ditches the h over the phone. From there it all goes downhill and the h loses her baby, loses so much weight that she nearly dies and then finally the H comes around and declares his undying love. I honestly think it was way too late to redeem himself for all the damage he did. The h also wasn't that wonderful and this was definitely not one of this author's best books.
VINE VOICEon April 25, 2013
Normally I'm a fan of Lucy Moore and the story here was a fine if unexceptional Presents. The main characters maintained some level of realism and the story overlapped nicely with the first book in the duo. However, while the descriptions of Barcelona were lovely, the author kept referring to Prague a being in Russia. This happened several times and while a small detail, it was a fairly ridiculous mistake. As long a you don't mind the occasional geography lapse it wasn't bad.
on June 29, 2014
I liked it....eventually. I have read other books by this author and I couldn't figure out why this one was so different. It was almost like it was written by someone else, but it finally clicked. She was writing her heroine as an American and the speech pattern was technically right, mostly, but just not in the context that a native American would use. So, with that in mind, I read the book and liked it. It has flashes of humor and some real tear jerk moments. The main male and female characters have great chemistry and given the circumstance, good dialogue. The storyline is good too. My only real complaint is that you are thrown immediately into the story as if you have been introduced to the characters already This is the second in a series so they may have been introduced before. I'm reading the first book next, so we'll see. Anyway it's a keeper for me.
on March 27, 2013
I received Taken; The Spaniard's Virgin in a Giveaway.
I was really pleased to receive it as I do Enjoy Lucy Monroe as an Author. I find her Writing Style to be Quite Enjoyable. This one did not disappoint.
It is the second Book in a series and it did show. I felt like there were Parts that I missed by having not read the First Book. Having said that I will be trying to find the first Book to read it.
The book is about Amber a virgin Model and her fast moving affair with Miguel. When I say fast moving I mean in all ways. Fast into Bed, Fast into Love, Fast to End. After the Break up, done over the phone, she has several things occur that have her whole life thrown into upheaval. Great news is it is a happily ever after. With True love and Perseverance winning in the end.
I did like the way this one tugged at my Heartstrings and played a merry tune. However I also feel like the Story was a little choppy. Lovely nice intimate Scenes interspersed with some that while emotionally strong were also slightly hollow. I feel like this title would benefit by the Back story that I missed by not reading the first in the series (Bought: The Greek's Bride)
Looking forward to my next read By Lucy Monroe. I find she is one of my Go to Authors when I am looking for a quick enjoyable read.
on June 27, 2016
I loved this book , it is another perfect story by LM. I have read this series many times. the only comment i have is the author is not good with geography . Prague is the capital of the Czech republic and not in Russia .
on October 1, 2014
It didn't want to skip pages while reading it. So in general I liked the plot. However I wasn't to crazy about the heroine of the novel. She didn't appreciate the changes Jago had gone through and she seemed narrow minded most of the time. It had a decent ending, but an Epilogue would have been nice.
on September 14, 2009
Miguel is a jerk and no one's idea of a hero- least of all mine. The model got sick couldn't eat after he dumped her- she's a model they don't eat anyway!! The story was lame I was disappointed because I love Lucy Monroe books. This story was not for me. It had a good ending but I feel Miguel was a cold fish- not Latin like at all.