5.0 out of 5 stars Voice from Heaven
Let me start this review by saying..... I hate opera, I am a grandma ie..old lady and have always hated opera voices, no matter whose they were.

Published on March 6, 2012 by bas bleu

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Bad
What a shame! Eight of the fifteen songs are repeats of their Il Volo CD. I love these guys-extraordinary talent but why not new songs???
Published on November 23, 2012 by Lady Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Voice from Heaven, March 6, 2012

Well Il Volo has changed that, the first time I heard them open their mouths I knew I was hearing something special.Rich voices full of passion and a love for their art, emotion and an evidence of the enjoyment for the very words and music,a pride and devotion to their heritage all shines through and transaltes into a wonderful experience in a world that sees far too few young people embrace our best traditions. I have had this MP3 on my computer every day since I bought it. I am beginning to memorize the songs, and they are in Italian, I do not speak Italian.

Don't take my word for it, listen to the samples, and fall in love with some of the most beautiful, passionate voices you have heard in a long time. Not 5 stars, 10 stars!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than jones brothers, March 7, 2012
This review is from: Il Volo Takes Flight Live From the Detroit Opera House (Audio CD)
Handsome, good songs, opera, good voice........... You get all of them in one CD for just $9.99. I can not think of anything is better than this. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it, March 7, 2012
Jane (Flat Broke California) - See all my reviews
I am not a professional reviewer. I can't speak to production, timber, staging, etc.

I am a listener of music and am LOVING it.

4.0 out of 5 stars TRANSLATION OF ITALIAN SONG TITLES, March 8, 2012
Dear Music Appreciators,

IL VOLO...TAKES FLIGHT: LIVE FROM THE DETROIT OPERA HOUSE finds the three powerful young tenors launching their heavenly voices into the Motown stratosphere. Every song is as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Translation of Italian Song Titles Performed by Il Volo

1 - Il Mondo = The World
2 - Un Amore Cosi' Grande = A Love So Great
3 - Ti Voglio Tanto Bene = I Love You So Much
4 - Granada = Granada (Spanish city)
5 - E Piu' Ti Penso = And More Than You Think
11 - Music Proibita = Forbidden Music
12 - Mamma = Mother
13 - La Luna Hizo Esto = The Moon Did This
14 - Notte Stellata (The Swan) = Starry Night
15 - Funiculi' Funicula' = Funiculi Funicula - song written in 1880 for the opening of "the first funicular cable car on Mount Vesuvius" (Wikipedia).

Fun Facts:

- As indicated by the titles, just two of the album's fifteen tracks are performed completely in English, though track 13 does feature some English vocals.
- track 5 is a world famous Neapolitan song originally composed in 1898 and has since been performed by countless well-known musical artists. Elvis Presley commissioned new lyrics to be used with the melody, turning the 1898 song into his worldwide hit "It's Now Or Never."
- The lyrics on track 9 were written for music composed by Charlie Chaplin for his 1936 film MODERN TIMES. The song has been covered by a long list of luminaries, but was originally popularized by Nat King Cole. Brooke Shields reported that "Smile" was Michael Jackson's favorite song.
- Track 13 was written by legendary songwriter Diana Warren and features guest vocals by Pia Toscano (American Idol).

Happy Listening,

Constant Listener

5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volvo, April 1, 2012
I cannot believe how magnificent these young men's voices are. Only 18 years old, each of them. No doubt they have a gift from God to share with the entire world. Saw the "Il Volvo in Flight" on a PBS televesion performance and was astounded. Bought both of their CD's on Amazon.com and never grow tired of listening to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo DVD, May 17, 2012
I have purchased the cd, dvd, & the Deluxe set for a gift and the music is incredible. These guys bring so much emotion to their songs that I want to weep when I listen. I am lifted out of the doldrums of my work routine when I plug in my headphones.

The only criticism I have is that of the DVD. I saw the concert on PBS & expected the the DVD to be the same and IT IS NOT! It is missing a number of songs, one of which is my favorite, so in that respect the DVD was disappointing. I would still have bought it but would have paid MORE just to have the whole concert that I saw on PBS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo Takes Flight Live from the Detroit Opera House, March 22, 2012
These Italian teens are fantastic! They sing from the heart & soul!!
Don't miss a golden oportunity to experience their talents.
They not only sing some Italian favorites, they include some English tunes as well.
They show true emotions at all the right places! Their voices are so developed
and mature............Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo is Fabulous, September 7, 2012
I saw Il Volo first on PBS. This summer I saw them in person in St. Louis. They are wonderful. Their music brings joy to my heart. I listen to them every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars IL VOLO Takes Flight (CD), March 25, 2012
I was at their concert @ Foxwoods in Oct. It was wonderful. Wow, they sure have improved their concert since I saw them. What a wonderful gift from God these boys have. I loved seeing there interaction on stage. It just adds magic to the night. Hope to see them in Boston.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening Endlessly, April 12, 2012
I purchased this for my mother after she saw a special about these young guys. She listens to it constantly. When I call her on the phone it's all I hear in the background. She loves Pavarotti and Bocelli. Now, these young Italian teenagers have stolen her heart. They are remarkable. I am becoming a big fan myself. Every song is a winner.