Top positive review
160 people found this helpful
PLEASE Ignore the bad reviews
on February 10, 2013
Seriously.. I don't know what app some of these reviewers are rating.. but it isn't this one.
1) There IS information on how to use the app. All you do is touch the large exclamation point in the blue circle on the opening screen to find out how to use the app.
2) There are NO songs to play at all. The person who complained that all it does is highlight keys to play a song is mixing it up with another app. This has nothing like that kind of interaction available. This app teaches notes, chords and scales...NOT songs of any kind, at least in the beginning levels, which is all I have gotten through,..
3) There are two modes of interaction.. One is "PLAY" and one is "Practice". After reading the info, start with "Practice" until you LEARN something about reading musical notes, scales and chords. The PLAY mode is the same as the Practice mode but with a time limit and no "cheats".
4) Someone wrote that it doesn't recognize multiple touch to play a chord... it doesn't NEED to recognize multiple touch. When learning chords you are given the name of a chord and then you are asked to select the individual keys/notes that make up that chord. Each key stays highlighted until you have selected the number of keys that make up the chord, if you don't pick the right ones,you get a "try again" in practice mode or a buzzer in the PLAY mode.
I can play a tiny bit of piano, but have always played by ear and have never learned to read music very proficiently. I think this app may do the trick for helping me to finally improve my skills.
I do have a few cons which keeps me from giving it the full 5 stars.
1) It can't be installed on my SD card, this will more than likely cause me to have to uninstall sooner rather than later as space is at a premium.
2) I would like to be able to replay the sound of the note or chord... of course, this is probably because I am used to playing by ear, so maybe this isn't really a con for me, but will force me to learn the notes without the sound.
3) Unfortunately, I have had two FC in just a few times of playing it this morning. I have an older Galaxy Tab, so it may be causing the problem, but I hope that it doesn't continue to be a problem.