Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PianoTeacher
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 11, 2013
This app is basicly flash cards, for memorization. It is not bad... but not for people who have just started playing piano either. It is not a game but getting this should not replace real lessons from a actual teacher either. :)
on May 25, 2014
I understand that some people don't like this app because it doesn't teach you where the notes are. You can adjust that in practice. This is a great app for me since I'm a beginning piano student. I know the notes so this helps me with sight reading although it's missing the bass clef. I was surprised at how well I knew major and minor chords. I've been getting perfect scores in those and I've already unlocked level 4 in one sitting.
on February 10, 2013
I don't like to give one star reviews because I really appreciate the FAOTD but I found my brief experience with this app so bizarre that I felt compelled to do this review. First of all, as soon as I opened the app--which was upside down on my Kindle Fire--the developer asked for a review. I was going to rate it then but their link took me to the web page for the free version. Since this is the paid version, I decided to try the app before reviewing it. That seems fairer anyway, even though having it upside down is a huge issue for me.

So I opened the upside down app and tried to use it. I saw a keyboard and it told me to play a D. Since I saw nothing on the keyboard to indicate the location of D, I failed that level. Then it asked me for a G and I failed that level. At that point I gave up and decided to write the review. If I have missed something on this app and given it an unfair review, I hope someone will set me straight.
on February 10, 2013
Once you download this and go to another app store(like Google Play) you will see that the free version is installed and the full app cost $1.99! I'm not sure who's to blame for this since there is a free version in Amazon as well as this so called paid one. So I have the feeling the developer is trying to cheat Amazon customers by charging for there free version to make a quick buck. I really feel Amazon should punish this developer for this unethical behavior.
on February 23, 2013
This game is okay. I've read both the good and the bad reviews. The reviews with 3 or more stars have helped me decide to get it or not. To me, I would like it to have songs to learn. But, instead, it only gives chords, notes, etc. Its an okay game, but if it had songs, it would be better and I would play it more. My daughter, though, loves it! She doesn't want to put it down. Instead of getting a piano teacher, she can learn the notes, chords, etc. All I have to do know is get a book of songs for her. But, to me, I wouldn't play it on a day to day bacis. So, my over all review is, if you want to learn chords and notes, get this game.
on March 26, 2013
I don't really know what to say, it wasn't very interesting, and I don't believe I learned a thing from it.
All of this of course being a personal opinion. Try it out, you might have a different experience.
on July 4, 2013
I haven't had this long but just recently decided to start playing the piano. This app is helping me a lot because it quizzes you on each chord. There is a time limit in the play mode which is really helping me with my chord recognition and transitions. I just upgraded to the full version and I think being able to practice the scales notes and chords when I am away from the piano is helping a lot
on July 23, 2014
"This game stinks" most people say ho rated this, I agree. But it could just need practice because it is a hard game but it is only an app not real life. In real life it might be harder for some people and maybe not.
on February 22, 2013
It leads you to believe it's for beginners but it actually requires you have more experience than most beginners. There aren't any instructions, they just expect you to jump in and know what the notations mean.
on February 10, 2013
Its not much of a teacher but more of a game with a little help. Biggest problem I had was even on my tablet that I know is capable of multi touch this app does not respond to it. It makes playing chords useless. I don't see any way this app could improve due to it being set as a game more than a tutor. Try again or rename it.