5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful stylized version of the movie
This is a Step Into Reading Step 2 book (2 of 5 levels), which means it's for preschool to grade 1, and helps with vocabulary, reading, short sentences, and simple stories.

It has very simple sentences to go along with the beautiful and colorful drawings. Example:
Page One: Princess Elsa and Princess Anna are sisters.
Page Two: Elsa has a secret. She...
Published 7 months ago by Talvi

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is
If this is not your first reader, then you know it is the story abbreviated and made appropriate for your child's reading level. Yes, Frozen is hot right now so there is interest there. However, it is not written in such a way that I want to read it over and over. My child doesn't request it that much. After the first read or so the thrill was gone.
Published 5 months ago by Sophia Tesch

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful stylized version of the movie, December 31, 2013
This review is from: A Tale of Two Sisters (Disney Frozen) (Step into Reading) (Paperback)

Page One: Princess Elsa and Princess Anna are sisters.
Page Two: Elsa has a secret. She has magic powers. She can create ice.
This on a two-page spread that shows little Elsa with sparkly magic flying above her hands, little Anna sliding/jumping on the mounds of snow, and the snowman (Olaf) that Elsa created in the large ballroom.

It's a shorter version, so it skips things from the movie. For example, the parents don't take Anna to the trolls. The extent of Anna's lonely time in the great empty palace is shortened. Anna's meeting with Prince Hans is one page. But you don't mind - all of the main points of the story are there and the images are beautiful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Story, October 31, 2013
Beach Momma (Charleston, SC United States) - See all my reviews
I got this for my 2.5 year old and we both really like the story. I think it must leave out some key plot elements but overall I like that it shows that "true love" can be sisterly love. I am also a huge fan of the fact that it doesn't encourage girls to be dependent on a man to save them. Anna saves Elsa all on her own. I recommend the book and am using it to get my little girl excited for the movie so when it comes up we can attempt to go see it in theaters together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Like the Movie, December 19, 2013
OutlawPoet "OutlawPoet" (My Den of Iniquity - Vistors Welcome) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
A Tale of Two Sisters is a great version of the movie Frozen - perfect for beginning readers. It hits all the major plot points in simple language. The illustrations are lovely - very colorful - and all your favorite characters are featured. My daughter was delighted to see Marshmallow, the Ice Monster, as there is no Frozen merchandise that seems to feature him at all.

While the movie had a few points that scared my daughter a bit (some of the chase scenes!), the book leaves out the scary bits, while still telling a complete story.

After finishing this on the Kindle, my daughter told me she felt like she had seen the movie again and she wanted to read the book twice more that night.

A new favorite!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, January 30, 2014
She makes me read this every night before bed. She can't get enough of it...she even started reading some by memory!!

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read, January 2, 2014
My five yr old daughter has read this everyday since Christmas. She can read about half of it herself mostly from memory. Very cute, and I actually don't mind reading it over and over and over! unlike a few other learn to read books that have no plot and lose her (and mine) attention.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 22, 2014
My 5 year-old daughter and I saw the movie, which we both loved. This book was the perfect recap that she will enjoy for sometime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs a prince?, March 5, 2014
Absolutely LOVE that Disney has turned things around lately with strong female characters! Love that these two figured out that they didn't need a man to "rescue them". An act of true love can be friend, a sister, whoever. Let's turn out a generation of women who can love themselves, their friends, their family , and when their prince(ess) comes along, awesome. But she will already be a strong, bold individual on her own. She won't NEED him, she will WANT him. Yes, I know one story doesn't do all that, and yes, I love Disney. Props for taking it to a whole new level!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars totally recommend!, February 19, 2014
We bought this for our daughter, who loved the movie and has some difficulty with her reading. This book actually makes reading fun for her, and I was surprised when she read the entire book to us tonight. She needs help with a few words, but the large print and simple words are perfect for a beginning reader and "Frozen" lover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter loved it, February 4, 2014
My granddaughter loved the movie, and I am encouraging her to read by purchasing books for her Kindle. The Kindle also came from Amazon, and is an excellent encouragement to learn "how to" about reading and computers. Many games to choose from and very educational.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginning readers, March 2, 2014
Very good book for beginning readers. Big words. Simple sentence structure. It's very appropriate for young readers just learning how to sound out words.And my girl loves this story.

A Tale of Two Sisters (Disney Frozen) (Step into Reading)
A Tale of Two Sisters (Disney Frozen) (Step into Reading) by Melissa Lagonegro (Paperback - October 1, 2013)
$3.99 $2.67