The "Talent Roundup Song" from Mickey Mouse Club shows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2006 9:54:31 AM PST
Hi! The first song I ever sang to my grandson was the 'Giddyup Horsey here we go - down to the talent rodeo etc." from the Mickey Mouse Club series. He loves it and is always begging me to sing it to him and he dances like crazy to it. Does anyone know how I can obtain a CD or tape or anything on this song? I have searched on-line but never come up with anything close to it. Thanks. Judy

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2007 8:59:58 PM PDT
Judith Molly says:
The only thing that I know to do is to purchase "The Walt Disney Treasures The Mickey Mouse Club" which was released a few years ago. It is, to my knowledge, still available on http://amazon.com. This DVD is is marvelous. It contains the entire first week of all of the one hour shows from Monday, October 3, 1955 through Friday, October 7, 1955 ("Talent Round-up Day"). Jimmy and the mouseketeers sing the song. Some of the mousekeers during the first year are "rideing their "ponies". I believe that it's Don (first year only), Doreen (all three years), Sharon (all three years) and Bobby (all three years) do a special dance number to the tune. Mark (first year only) along with Jimmie and Darleen (all three years) sing a part of the song together. There's a LOT of dancing and, of course, the famouse "Mouseketeer Rol Call" in their western outfits and "riding their ponies". There's a LOT of singing and dancing during this introduction to "Talent Round-Up Day". Plus you get the entirety of that show and all of the other four days with their introductions and mouseketeer fun, cartoons, etc. You get the entire show for each day of that week! Look for it! It's worth the price! It's out of production, but, I believe, that it's still available through http://amazon.com. These are the actual shows from the very frst week of the program. They seem to be entirely uncut except for the commercials.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2006
Latest post:  Sep 16, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Best of the Original Mickey Mouse Club
The Best of the Original Mickey Mouse Club by Jimmie Dodd (DVD - 2005)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (80)