Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 10, 2008 9:33:30 AM PDT
Lee DeWald says:
If there is going to be an audio book of "Tales of Beedle the Bard" released (and I'm hoping there will be), does anyone know if Jim Dale, the narrator behind all seven "Harry Potter" audio books, will be doing it? I can't imagine anyone else doing so; I'm so used to hearing his voice in the car now, that whenever I try to listen to another audio book by a different narrator, it sounds weird. It would be weird if Jim Dale didn't get to do the audio book version, if there is one.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2008 4:12:44 AM PDT
E. M. Bishop says:
I agree with you completely! I was looking for info about any audio version of this book when I happened upon your posting.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2008 4:16:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 12, 2008 4:17:02 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2008 6:06:41 PM PDT
Lee DeWald says:
I am currently listening to Book 5 for what seems, like, zillionth time, and I never get tired of listening to Jim Dale narrate. I have all seven books on CD, and I have been playing them constantly in my car's CD player for the better part of four years now. I listen to music CDs sometimes, but mostly, I just like to listen to Jim Dale narrate for the Harry Potter series.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2008 5:22:06 PM PDT
K. Hebert says:
You know that he has narrated other books. Not that I've listened to them, but I've been wanting to.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2008 9:31:41 AM PDT
Quaoce says:
I would rather hear Stephen Fry. He is much better at narrating than the other guy. Let's hope that they both come out with a version

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2008 7:15:33 AM PDT
N Fox says:
I really thought I was crazy for starting with audio book 1....listening through 7 and repeating...I'm hooked on Jim Dale!! As a matter of fact, I'm in the middle of book 4 for the ummm, (well my playlist says 12 times now--but i've read it a couple times.) zillionth time as well. Oh I hope Jim Dale reads Beedle the Bard too! It would only be fitting--as anyone else reading it would simply sound silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2008 8:01:37 PM PDT
W. Green says:
I agree. Jim Dale is no slouch, and does a great job, but I really preferred the Fry versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2008 8:50:54 AM PDT
Jim dale is very talented, and he narrates on of the best shows on TV right now, Pushing Daisies. However Stephen Fry is vastly better in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 4:27:49 AM PST
David Austin says:
Stephen Fry is by far the better narrator. I very much hope a Beedle the Bard version will be done by him (as for all the other 7 books). I really couldn't enjoy the Jim Dale versions after Fry - I did give them a go. Perhaps it is just what you get used to initially.
Its not looking good though, i got used to having to wait 3 months for the audio version to come out and was thrilled when the Deathly Hallows audio came out along with the book. No sign of that this time, I'm afraid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2008 9:28:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2008 9:29:37 AM PST
S. K. Davis says:
Perhaps it is what you are used to, but I have a copy of Fry's book two, and I do not prefer it. Jim Dale just adds a sense of magic to the narration itself, and he has a knack for creating truly unique sounding voices that Fry does not. Fry doesn't do the occasional odd reads that Dale does (emphasizing the wrong word, etc.), but can't match Dale for style and an absorbing read.

as to an audio book for Beedle, if they aren't releasing one now, I'll be surprised if they do one at all, I'm sorry to say.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2008 8:11:02 AM PST
JRP says:
I don't think there will be an audiobook. At 157 pages, it won't be worth studio or production time to distribute. So how do we cope: read Beedle numerous times (like that will be a problem). Then, read it into your computer or mp3 mic and save a digital copy. If you can do it with a British accent, you get bonus points!

PS: Jim Dale rules! I'm listening to "Half Blood Prince" for the xxth time and am still captivated by the story. It's hard to believe I can become so engrossed in Dumbledore and Harry's conversation of horcruxs, even though I know how the series ends. Kudos to you, J.K.; no matter how many times I return, I'm still in awe of what a great story and rich details you've created. Have you checked out the new trailer (released in Nov)? HBP should be pretty good...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 11:06:26 PM PST
Ya, I've bin using all of the metasurch ingens and going all over the web but no luck! I think it's just too early for an audio book. Though You might be able to get a Kirzwile software and just scan in the entire text book. Then This software would rreed it back to you in a different voices. Heck, you would actualy be able to tape it while it's doing that . Well that's the only alturnetive to an audiobook I could think.

Posted on May 10, 2011 8:30:28 AM PDT
suzee says:
I am disabled and have become an audio book junkie ... I have the book The Tales of Beetle the Bard but reading is easy for me ... so being able to find an audio version would be great for me. Is there an answer to my quest????

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2011 4:37:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2011 5:22:03 AM PDT
D. Oakes says:
It appears that there was an audio cd for The Tales of Beedle the Bard, unfortunately it seems to be out of print now. You can search for it here on Amazon and it definitely exists (or did).
I tried to find out who narrates this, but all I could find (on another site) was:
Authors and contributors: By (author) J. K. Rowling
so perhaps it is J.K. Rowling herself who lends her voice to this audiobook?
I can't be sure, but from researching on the internet it looks like this was only available in the U.K.
I will try to post a direct link to the Amazon reference in the next post....

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 4:49:26 PM PDT
D. Oakes says:
The Tales of Beedle the Bard [daisy]: Structured Audio CD
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Aug 10, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Standard Edition (Harry Potter)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Standard Edition (Harry Potter) by J. K. Rowling (Hardcover - December 4, 2008)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (1,021)