Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 6, 2011
Love Tales From the Darkside! I used to watch this when I was younger and loved the creepy opening theme song and commentary, listening to that again made me smile. :) These episodes are cheesy but awesome, I love shows like this. :)
I honestly don't know what people are talking about when they say the music is totally different and that it ruins the dvd's- unless you're completely obsessed with the show you would never notice, I couldn't tell. If you watched these shows when you were young and loved them and want to buy them to watch them again, you'll never notice any difference in the music?? I think only people who watch the show religiously would notice a difference. The opening theme song is the same so that's all that mattered to me.
The only negative (and it's really not a big deal) is that the sound is a little dull so you have to turn your tv up louder than usual and a tiny bit distorted but it's really no big deal to press up on the remote control.

I highly recommend all the seasons of Tales From the Darkside, if you loved the show when you were growing up, you'll love these dvd's!
on July 7, 2010
This was a great series on a low budget but some of the stories were really great and scary. The one area that was not great was the video quality? Yeah from the 80's but still should have been way better. Extremely soft and have to watch on computer because the big screen really looks fuzzy with these episodes.
Agagin their great stories and would still purchase it. I recorded a bunch off tv and they even seem better so not sure how CBS did these.

Enjoy....
on August 18, 2013
This set of DVD's was supposedly new.or in like new condition. The inside case was broken. No main menu on each disc appeared until the first episode was viewed. Unless a person had the time to view all the episodes at one time, they had to view the first episode again to get to the main menu and choose another episode. In other words, it was a real pain.
on February 27, 2014
I loved watching Tales From the Darkside when I was little. Hearing the intro used to creep me out. Some of the episodes seem a little bit dated, but that's the way things were back in the 1980's. The only thing that would have made the DVD collection even better would have been to add some special features on the episodes. It would have been great if they added commentary from the guest stars or directors. They should have added the bumpers that they used to play (just before & after commercials). All-in-all, not a bad collection. If you like horror anthology TV series like Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, or Tales From the Crypt, then Tales From the Darkside is for you.
on July 4, 2010
I occasionally got to see episodes of Tales From the Darkside while I was growing up. As a kid, the show was unusually creepy. As an adult, it's not scary at all, but it's charming. For a TV anthology show, it's pretty good. Sure, there's nearly no gore, the cast and sets are limited, and there are a few dull episodes. But the show holds interest pretty well. The scripts are campy. There are occasional twists that either obvious, or they're nonsensical.

This season has some really nice episodes in it- I enjoyed I Can't Help Saying Goodbye, and The Milkman Cometh (which plays very much like a Twilight Zone episode).
There are also some really poorly done episodes. In particular, Auld Acquaintances is possibly the worst episode I've seen.

There's another one, My Own Place, which seems to be a really puzzling episode. I suspect there was a message to it, but I'm not sure what it was.

If you know enough about horror anthology shows to not expect much, you'll probably like this. It's a charming series.
on September 13, 2013
I love everything about these anthology series from the 80s. It would be awesome if there were more! Although campy at times, and rarely if ever actually scary, these tales are none the less entertaining.

"I Can't Help Saying Goodbye" is a fun episode, and kind of thought provoking. "A Serpent's Tooth" is a rather amusing tale, one of the more humourous of this season. "Miss May Dusa" and "The Milkman Cometh" are both pretty good tales based on mythology and folklore, "My Ghostwriter - The Vampire" is another amusing tale. Although this season has many great stories, "Seasons of Belief" is probably my favourite of this season.
on September 5, 2011
The first two seasons were the best seasons! Overall, the series was absolutely wonderful! I would suggest watching episodes called, "The Circus", "The Geezenstacks", "Florence Bravo", "Black Widows", "Baker's Dozen", Deliver us from Goodness", "Seasons of Belief", "Miss May Dusa" My Ghostwriter, the Vampire", "Let the Games Begin", and "The Enormous Radio" But I suggest watching the other seasons first!
on May 12, 2016
The DVD came brand new which was a surprise. The movie was great I don't care what anyone of the negative reviews say. I love horror anthologies.
on April 15, 2014
Loved completing the series and being able to finish working on my collection .. so very worth it. brings back memories of watching it on t.v
on January 4, 2013
I love this TV series and glad to see it on DVD. It's full of strange and weird tales. A must get if you like strange dark tales!