Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 22, 2011
Finished! I love you Shari! And OFFICIALLY the first book I've finished since having children 7.5 years ago! lol You sucked me in at the point of "safe haven of Target" lol Did you read my mind?!?!? How did you know I spent EVERY Friday night there!??! lol
on September 22, 2011
This book is a must read for every Mom or Mom-to-be! She tells it like it is and doesn't sugar coat a thing which makes this book real and hilarious! If you've ever read "Belly Laughs" you will find "Tales from the Pantry" a laugh riot!
on January 25, 2012
I'm not a huge reader, but this book had me at hello. Not only could I not put it down, but my cheeks & abdomen got the workout of a lifetime. It's everything a mother has felt but never had the guts to say or admit! This is one talented woman and I'm waiting for book #2!
on January 22, 2012
Tales from the Pantry is truly entertaining. I found myself laughing out loud; at one point I had to put the book down because I was crying.

Shari has the ability to put into words what most of us are thinking but too afraid to say out loud. Truly a fantastic writer! My kids are older so I can't wait to see what she has to write when her kids are teenagers. I look forward to following her writings/random thoughts as her kids grow up.

Tales from the Pantry is definitely a must read for anyone who has children!
on November 2, 2011
Whether you have kids or not, this witty and whimsical perspective of life is FUNNY! With ingenuity and flair that reminds me of Erma Bombeck and Robert Fuhlgum, I see this author as a gifted star on the horizon. Can't wait to see what she writes next!
on September 21, 2011
Shari puts a funny spin on the everyday life of a stay at home mom. As a mother of 2 small kids it was easy to relate to.
on December 29, 2012
I started off really wanting to like this book because I'd heard so many positive things about it and read a lot of reviews where women said they literally laughed out loud while reading it. Unfortunately, I just didn't feel the same connection to this book when I was reading it.
Don't get me wrong, it certainly had some funny bits and some 'yep, been there!' bits, but I just wasn't that enthralled with reading about some other woman's trials and tribulations while she brought up her two young children.
Firstly, I should have known I wouldn't connect with this book because I'm not a Stay At Home Mum. I went back to work part time when my little man was 10 weeks old because the monotony of being at home day in and day out with a small baby was doing my head in after working in a demanding professional role for years and years and I needed that stimulation back in my life. Shari is a full-time Stay At Home Mum, and although I don't have anything against women who do this as it's a personal choice, it's not something I can relate to or ever have seen myself doing. For some reason the stresses and insanely hard moments I encountered at home with my baby never really seemed so bad because I had my little escape at work to counter-balance it all.
Also, I'm very lucky to have a very 'hands-on' husband who helped out with pretty much everything when our boy was first born. He still does now so I never felt that lonely, helpless or utterly frustrated as Shari obviously did because the responsibility was and still is always shared between us as much as possible. I guess this essentially makes our life in general that much easier and makes us more of a team so the unpleasant bits are shared instead of just falling completely on my shoulders.
I'm certainly not saying that my life has been perfect since having our boy, but I've never felt that I'm purely defined as just a 'mother' because I've managed to keep most of my previous outside interests as well as my career. I have a happy medium going on and this probably makes me not concentrate so much on all the downsides of having a baby like the author of this book does.
To me this book was a bit like 'Mother's Group' in written form. Considering I only lasted two sessions with my Mother's Group before I'd had enough of listening to the constant whingeing and complaining, this book definitely was not for me.
If you are a mum who enjoys listening to another woman complain about everything there is to do with motherhood, you will thoroughly enjoy this book. If you think motherhood is just another life experience that is to be enjoyed and tackled like any other, you will probably be as disappointed with it as I was.
on January 26, 2012
Shari shares with her humor the experiences of what being a Mom can bring. At times I had tears of laughter that I couldn't see anymore to read. At one point I had to text a friend in the middle of the night to share what I just had read. Things you thought only you as a Mom dealth with... From Crumbs, Hot French Fries and to Poop this is one funny book! Great read and hard to put down!! Can't wait for her next book!! My kids are a bit older, but the memories of having young ones are brought back with her humor and tell it like it is attitude!!

Thanks for the laughs!!
on January 9, 2012
I read this ebook with my Book Club, and I found it laugh out loud funny - the kind where you go around annoying other people with exerpts from the book which isn't anywhere near as interesting to them because they have NO idea what you are blithering on about. I also found it to be so true - my experience raising 2 sons - and I love that I could relate to so many passages. As a mother, it's so great to know "Hey, I'm not the only one! "
I am now a fan of Shari's blog, and look forward to reading more of her humourous and wry words. I definitely recommend this book, for moms, and for those who'd like to be forewarned.
on January 22, 2013
This book is truly hilarious! If you're a mother, no matter what your age, you can identify with the author's line of thinking or know someone like her. It's funny because if you have lived through some or even one of the stages ,of infancy or childhood related by the author, you know exactly what she's feeling and going through. The author could easily be your neighbor or best friend, or even yourself telling these tales.