Tales of Xillia Confirmed for Localization

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 26, 2012 4:14:27 AM PDT
Dean D. says:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/26/tales-of-xillia-trademark-filed-in-the-u-s-too/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/22/shh-dont-tell-anyone-but-we-found-a-tales-of-xillia-trademark/

My body is not ready. -goes to play some Graces F-

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 1:18:59 PM PDT
Wait ....wait......is this true!? O_O

If Xillia comes stateside, I will be coming too......stateside that is....yeah....thats what I mean....<_<

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 12:42:32 AM PDT
Dark Chicken says:
I read about that! I can't believe that we'll be seeing Xillia over here! Oh happy days!

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 4:41:50 AM PDT
Scott E. says:
Not to smash any hopes, but that doesn't mean it will get localized. Namco Bandai also US trademarked Tales of Hearts and Innocence years ago and they never released them here. Companies trademark names so that if they ever decide to release it, no one can release a game of the same title. That being said, Xillia still does have a good chance of getting localized and I hope it does as well!

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 9:45:36 AM PDT
jr da man says:
Finally a company listens to its fans. I wish more companies did this. Capcom for example has no interest to listen to its fans

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 9:32:26 AM PDT
Yeah sorry but as Scott said, this means nothing. They've trademarked other Tales titles in the past and never brought them over. I'm assuming a Xillia Directors Cut of sorts will be coming out soon enough in Japan so I'd rather have them wait for that personally.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 7:35:01 PM PDT
Erica says:
Yup trademarks don't mean guarantee anything, unfortunately, but I definitely hope for it to come on over!!

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 11:06:01 AM PDT
Sheex says:
It's true about the trademarks, but I'm not too worried, Tales of Graces F just came out over here recently, so the sales numbers will likely have a large impact on their decision to localize Xillia or not.

Looking at the numbers for Tales of Graces F though, I'd imagine that they are considering localization for Tales of Xillia. I can't imagine that the numbers for Tales of Graces F would discourage them from localization. I'm not sure what sales numbers they're looking for from Tales of Graces F in the states, but I think they're probably pleased with what they've seen from Tales of Graces F. It seems to me that the Tales audience is large enough here to warrant the localization of another mothership title in the series.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 3:40:46 PM PDT
danielr says:
How many copies of Tales Of Graces f were sold in USA and Canada???

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:05:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2012 7:06:33 AM PDT
Sheex says:
I hate to do this, but these seem to be the only numbers for it, so as inaccurate they may be, at least it's something and it shows good looking numbers for the US (at least by comparison of other Tales games in the US):

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/46451/tales-of-graces-f/USA/

If nothing else it shows that Tales of Graces F sold over 100,000 in the US on week one - I wouldn't imagine they're off by more than 27,000. That's about half the number of sales from Japan on week one, which is by far their largest audience. The numbers from the US appear to be about 29% of the total global sales of the game. Unfortunately, unlike in Japan, REAL sales numbers aren't typically published, so until Namco Bandai outright tells us the numbers or makes a comment, this is the best we have. Let's hope the numbers are good enough.

A Namco Bandai press event is expected in April, maybe we'll hear something about Tales of Xillia then. Keep those fingers crossed.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:27:51 PM PDT
Chelsa Torn says:
its been officially announced it was posted earlier on @talesofu the official tales twitter account in the uk. Quite exciting right!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:18:58 PM PST
Crabman says:
Yes, Bamco has actually even said that if Xillia does well they'll release Xillia 2.

Guys, when it hits shelves by the crap out of it.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 8:21:23 AM PST
Lemonadez says:
Anybody have a release date? Def picking this up when it drops.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 4:23:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2013 4:25:02 PM PST
WRXfan14 says:
This may not help much, but it's the only place I've seen taking pre-orders. Hopefully a release date will follow soon, and it's not an exclusive for them.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia/107704
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd9a01d18)

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tales of Graces f - Playstation 3
Tales of Graces f - Playstation 3 by Namco (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (152)